Thoughts On This?

I read the whole article and I don’t have a subscription. :shrug:

I think you get a few freebies before the subscription requirement kicks in. I could probably take the time to find the Post browser cookies and delete them, but I'm too lazy.

I think you get a few freebies before the subscription requirement kicks in. I could probably take the time to find the Post browser cookies and delete them, but I'm too lazy.

I can read it as well, but it's long and I'm too lazy to copy and paste. :wink:

I think you get give five free articles a month. After the way they came down on Brady after the deflate thing, the number of first rounds picks lost by New England over the Brady/Belichick era, I don’t want to hear anything about racial bias in the conduct system. Kraft was stupid. He’s got enough money to hire a discreet girl, or date someone where it may as well be prostitution. That said, he wasn’t involved in child sex trafficking, and it’s no more than a misdemeanor. Most people have to take a class and pay a small fine. People were calling for him to lose the team, and or draft picks. The conduct system is a mess, but I hate even agreeing with anything the writer says. Either way. Kraft is a boss, and more importantly an owner. Not an employee. The rules are different, and not because of race. Welcome to the real world.

Well, I came off sounding like a jerk in my post above so I copied and tried to paste and got this:

"The text that you have entered is too long (24057 characters). Please shorten it to 15000 characters long."
It looks as though it's because of these Goodell

How about using a different browser? :shrug:

I think Goodell is wildly inconsistent with his punishments, and has been completely unethical and a lying scumbag when it comes to the Patriots.

But what Kraft has done is NOT worthy of major punishment. Goodell is doing the right thing bu letting it go (At least for now)

How about using a different browser? :shrug:

I ended up doing that.

It's a long article that just rehashes hot takes that have been put out there since Kraft got caught getting the happy ending(s).

The only thing I got out of it is that Goodell is an ass. I think that's something that most people can agree on.

Rodger is most certainly inconsistent and full of his own shit.

This I agree with

"So Goodell has his kangaroo court, and it exists to manipulate the perception of the NFL. The goal isn’t justice. It isn’t to inspire rehabilitation. It isn’t even about discipline, really. When players get in trouble, every case comes down to how explosive the story is, and Goodell will punish as much or as little as he desires based on public opinion."

In the Goodell kangaroo court, several players have been suspended despite avoiding legal trouble. The conduct policy includes language about “conduct detrimental to the integrity and public confidence” in the league. It also says, “We must endeavor at all times to be people of high character; we must show respect for others inside and outside our workplace; and we must strive to conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on ourselves, our teams, the communities we represent, and the NFL.”

As for using Kraft's situation to prove Rodger is inconsistent I see his argument but what he's forgetting is that Kraft is an owner. He isn't a player, this isn't a football issue and it's a minor legal issue anyway.

Jerry Brewer got his 15 minutes of fame with the article though and that's why he wrote it.

Writer of article trying to chum up with me-too man haters using Goodell as an easy target. Yeah we get it Goodell sucks along with his dipshyt discipline.

Yeah but using his past mistakes to puff up your agenda with a hypothetical article... It's like an NFL game where the refs suck all game then the 4 the qtr the writer wants them to continue sucking for his benefit.

Goodell will use his power over Kraft when he deems the time is right. My guess it will be the week before game 1 of the season. This will give him the most exposure and effect on Patriots team as a distraction.

The severity of the penalty will be shocking relative to an infraction that ended with a hug . The writer wants to compare to player incedents but um.. which one? They're all different and judged on their own merits.. not grouped together to support an argument in a puffed up article.

Goodell will serve his own puffed up power with his actions. Not looking forward to that...

I subscribe to the post, and Sally Jenkins is one of the best sportswriters around. She's worth the price alone.

She didn't write that piece, but she's skewered Rog the d-bag endlessly and especially over Bradys treatment.

Back