Tires?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
What kind/brand of tires do you prefer (if you have a preference)?

I guess the answer to that question would probably depend upon what kind of car you're talking about.

If I had a nice sportscar, or a pickup, or something like that, I'd be more inclined to be particular. Unfortunately, I drive your average piece of #*(! American sedan, so all I know about my tires is that they're "all season radial", LOL.

I don't know that I have a preference, but I have BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A on my Trailblazer, and the first set lasted me over 65,000 miles. Still weren't in too bad of shape when we got this current set, but we wanted to put new ones on before we drove to Florida (just to be safe).

I like the surprises that I can get with Firestone.

Michellin are my second choice.

Strickly for durability and handeling.

BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A's on the Pathfinder.

Hankook on the Accord.

I had never heard of Hankook before buying them, but I like how they respond (yes, I'm impatient).

I don't have any preference for brand, but I absolutely love DirectTire (in Watertown and a couple of other locations).

I used to have Toyos sold by them on my old Camry Station Wagon. They had a lifetime warranty which I took advantage of a couple of times. I would go to DirectTire to get my oil changed and the tires rotated and it would not be until I got home that I realized they had actually replaced one of my tires at absolutely no cost to me - not only did they not charge me a dime, they didn't even tell me they were doing it.

They also have free coffee.

I grew up Goodyear on most of my cars. Dad worked for Goodyear (regional manager or some such) so 1) I got them basically free, and 2) got to get ones before public, which was fun.

The Bravada came with Michelins, OEM models apparently designed to work with the smart track system, so when I replace in May I'll be getting those again. I've been quite pleased with them so far.

i got a monte carlo about a month ago and put pirellis on . loving them .

I've had a lot of vehicles, and a lot of tires, and yes the type, brand etc depencs on what vehicle.

I have a strange need to bond with the tread. If I am looking for a passenger car tire, either ASR or M&S but the tread has to look like it will hold the road and shed water or snow. Not just roll from here to there.

As for my truck, I know Michelin's are the odds on fav's but the price tag can scare some away. I prefer a good aggressive tread, nothing that will howel down the highway, and has a good load rating, like E.

As for the name brands, they distribute many "No name" brand tires that are actually manufactured by the big boys.

Aside, I just purchased Yokaham Avid's for my girlfriends car, and they seem to be pretty good so far.

I don't know squat about tires, but the last time I bought them for my truck I picked up a set of Riken.

The dilemma I had was that while they seemed to be the best deal, the model name was "RAIDER".

Yes, I now have Raider tires on my truck.

:shrug:

Hawg73 said:
Yes, I now have Raider tires on my truck.

:shrug:

Well, the good news is you should have good winter traction with the spikes, though I'd keep an eye on your battery.

Back