Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely, you are kidding? No one had Brady going to Tampa during FA. NO ONE. Go back and check the stories. The top team to land him was believed to be the Chargers with others sniffing around like the Saints who were waiting on Brees to see if he was going to retire and the Bears.

Tampa came out of nowhere and the first reaction was that Arians offense would be a terrible fit for Brady. If YOU remember, the talk at the end of 2019 was that Brady was declining due to his age and going to the "risk it no biscuit" offense would be a terrible fit for him. That was the narrative. The only positive stories was that he would have significant upgrade at WR with Evans and Godwin but many still wondered if he would be able to get them the ball down the field and of course there was Tampa's overall lack of discipline and inability to win close games.

Again, most saw Brady elevating them to the playoffs and a WC which he did. Most had the Saints winning the division which they did. This idea that Tampa was a loaded/SB team is complete nonsense. They had more talent than the Pats, but then again not many teams didn't but they had a bit of a clown as a HC who was running an undisciplined team who had not made the playoffs since 2007. Brady not only elevated them to a contender, he won the whole DAMN thing with them as a WC on the road going through the toughest 3 QBs in the league.

If you listened at all to Tampa, you would have heard everyone in the org from the owner, to the GM, to Arians to ALL the players credit Brady for turning them into champions. There are plenty of talented teams in the NFL every year but few that know how to win it all and that is what Brady brought to a losing franchise in a year one during a Pandemic with no off-season.

Another "hot take", huh?

Last year, TB12 became the chief recruiter and coach.
This year, it comes out that Arians asked TB12 to personally scout the receivers in the draft.
Meanwhile Arians is pretending he's the HC even though he has nothing much to do.

This year, it comes out that Arians asked TB12 to personally scout the receivers in the draft.
Meanwhile Arians is pretending he's the HC even though he has nothing much to do.

Brady is, and has been, the coach and GM there since his arrival. These days there's only one person to whom he concedes authority: Yoko Bundchen.

No one, absolutely no one picked the Bucs to win the championship last year.

Except for cbs some analysts and actually several others and apart from the fact that Tompa was the betting favorite from the start of the year. So spot on except for the making it up part,

Except for cbs some analysts and actually several others and apart from the fact that Tompa was the betting favorite from the start of the year. So spot on except for the making it up part,

They were underdogs in the last 3 games in the playoffs. In the polls that came out, 70 percent were taking KC to win it all. Tampa was never considered the favorite by vegas to win the superbowl.

More lies.
First of all, show the people laughing at Brady.

Secondly, HE HAD NO OTHER LEGIT OFFERS.

Stop with the hagiography. It’s pathetic .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Here is a quote from this board.

"And the 28th ranked defense, a terrible run game, and a below average O-line .

Doesn’t seem like a smart move by Tom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro"
-PatsFan09

Also some of you need to get your stories straight, Is it, he had no offers, or is it, he picked the best team? You cannot have it both ways. Either he had no choice because nobody wanted him or he got to pick the best team to win.

I read a ton of stories from Boston media that brady would fall on his face without Belichick, and when things were iffy to start the season, this very board were out for blood of what a huge mistake he made. To say people here thought they were going to win the superbowl before the year is silly becuase nobody did. In fact only one said with all of that he should win it or he sucks was said and we know why that was said, it puts him in that light of, well if he doesnt win the superbowl he sucks and if he does its only because the weapons he had. At no point on this board have I ever read that weapons is what wins superbowls, in fact the Patriots as a team has went mirror opposite of that thought process for years and years.

I suggest people go back to the Brady's gone thread that was on here and read through the comments and then you might think twice about saying, oh yeah, we all knew they were winning it all and Brady made the right choice.

Last edited:

That is pretty amazing and makes sense given TB is the GOAT and can offer valuable insight. I really wish Bill gave him some of this autonomy to have more influence on the offense. He clearly knows what he is doing.

They were underdogs in the last 3 games in the playoffs. In the polls that came out, 70 percent were taking KC to win it all. Tampa was never considered the favorite by vegas to win the superbowl.
Heinicke of the WFT absolutely tore through the Bucs defense. It not for Brady playing even better than him vs the #2 ranked pass defense, shredding them, the Bucs lose that game.

Heinicke of the WFT absolutely tore through the Bucs defense. It not for Brady playing even better than him vs the #2 ranked pass defense, shredding them, the Bucs lose that game.
Yeah thought that earned Heinicke a job. Lol

Here is a just a sampling of what was being written/said when Brady signed with Tampa.

Here are some of the tweets:

View: https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1240047486162604032

View: https://twitter.com/Travon/status/1240050238846427136

Here is a just a sampling of what was being written/said when Brady signed with Tampa.

Here are some of the tweets:

View: https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1240047486162604032

View: https://twitter.com/Travon/status/1240050238846427136

After game one last year a boston.com writer wrote. So this is what Brady looks like without Belichick. lol
Thing is, I knew that would happen, if Brady failed, they would go with that if Belichick didnt do as well they had a story for that too. Its just media BS, but yeah, no this notion that Brady was going to a super team and they would roll to a superbowl was not the case. I would say right until halftime at the superbowl, was about when people started thinking, ok maybe they are going to win.
It was always, brady cannot play in a system that throws deep, Arians has made every QB have a ton of picks, Brady needs belichick, etc etc.

I give you thoughtful articles about TB12's perfect fit with the personnel of the Bucs and you offer articles/quips that say he & Arians won't get along?

I give you thoughtful articles about TB12's perfect fit with the personnel of the Bucs and you offer articles/quips that say he & Arians won't get along?
1622743960214.png

You are using two blue check marks. Cool... except Nagler is a Packers writer, and Travon Free is a comedian. A more thorough research would have helped your argument. In this case you're just exposing yourself.
Its true, people should.

Quotes on this board when Brady went to tampa.
"Their OL is still deficient, though."

"I am so looking forward to watching Brady fall on his d!ck next season."

"By this time next year, after a year of Stidham, Brady will be John Hannah, Andre Tippett, etc. Awesome guy who used to play for the Pats. I really liked Stidham starting with preseason last year, and everything I've heard since then has me excited."

"
Uhh, wrong. BB can win without any one player

what's stupid is the idea that any head coach cannot win again after ANY player leaves the team.

The Pats will be fine. They'll make the playoffs again. I believe they'll get to the superbowl again under BB.

It's also my belief that Brady will never sniff a superbowl again."

"
Better than last year? The Bucs’ defense couldn’t hold a candle to the Patriots’ last year.
Oh, wait, but Brady IS the team, I forgot."

"I hope Brady does well this year. I hope he brings the Bucs to the superbowl. Nothing would be better than a Bucs-Pats superbowl, if only because it will mean the Patriots will be the only team to have 7 Lombardis."

"If Belichick can make the playoffs next year with a rookie QB and win a playoff game, I think that will prove to the world that he can win without Brady by definition."

The person who wrote this next quote is shocking to me. Considering what he says now.

"I got the Brady Buccaneer shirt. It was his birthday gift. I got the gray and he got his favorite color, orange."

"Look, Tom is finessing his way to retirement and he can do that more easily, make a lot of money and maybe have some fun in Tampa. He certainly seems to be going all on business interests, filing trademarks for various "catchy' names so he can sell a load of T-Shirts, setting up production companies etc. I'd be slightly concerned if I were Tampa, Brady has the firm appearance of someone who knows his time is now very limited and is making sure he can make a tonne of cash before he hangs up the cleats."

and lastly this quote, which now seems kind of off because it said over and over that Brady picked the best team an thats why he won, but this says, brady had no choice and took what he could get.
"1 team. The Buccaneers. No one else was interested. He's damned lucky the Pats pretended to be interested. The Bucs were bidding against themselves."

Well enough memory lane there, I am sure the people know who's quote that is there's, which goes back to, nobody knows shit. Welcome to the we dont know shit club and our opinions are worthless.

Its true, people should.

Quotes on this board when Brady went to tampa.
"Their OL is still deficient, though."

"I am so looking forward to watching Brady fall on his d!ck next season."

"By this time next year, after a year of Stidham, Brady will be John Hannah, Andre Tippett, etc. Awesome guy who used to play for the Pats. I really liked Stidham starting with preseason last year, and everything I've heard since then has me excited."

"
Uhh, wrong. BB can win without any one player

what's stupid is the idea that any head coach cannot win again after ANY player leaves the team.

The Pats will be fine. They'll make the playoffs again. I believe they'll get to the superbowl again under BB.

It's also my belief that Brady will never sniff a superbowl again."

"
Better than last year? The Bucs’ defense couldn’t hold a candle to the Patriots’ last year.
Oh, wait, but Brady IS the team, I forgot."

"I hope Brady does well this year. I hope he brings the Bucs to the superbowl. Nothing would be better than a Bucs-Pats superbowl, if only because it will mean the Patriots will be the only team to have 7 Lombardis."

"If Belichick can make the playoffs next year with a rookie QB and win a playoff game, I think that will prove to the world that he can win without Brady by definition."

The person who wrote this next quote is shocking to me. Considering what he says now.

"I got the Brady Buccaneer shirt. It was his birthday gift. I got the gray and he got his favorite color, orange."

"Look, Tom is finessing his way to retirement and he can do that more easily, make a lot of money and maybe have some fun in Tampa. He certainly seems to be going all on business interests, filing trademarks for various "catchy' names so he can sell a load of T-Shirts, setting up production companies etc. I'd be slightly concerned if I were Tampa, Brady has the firm appearance of someone who knows his time is now very limited and is making sure he can make a tonne of cash before he hangs up the cleats."

and lastly this quote, which now seems kind of off because it said over and over that Brady picked the best team an thats why he won, but this says, brady had no choice and took what he could get.
"1 team. The Buccaneers. No one else was interested. He's damned lucky the Pats pretended to be interested. The Bucs were bidding against themselves."

Well enough memory lane there, I am sure the people know who's quote that is there's, which goes back to, nobody knows shit. Welcome to the we dont know shit club and our opinions are worthless.

You really showed me.

Except I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to show me.

You really showed me.

Except I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to show me.
Nothing more than, you telling someone to do their research before posting on here is a bit out there. This is a football message board and nobody.....nobody, gets it all right and its pretty much a guess and its as good as anyone elses, but more so, all football message boards live in the notion of saying something and then after what they say does not happen, it changes to, well thats what I thought would happen the whole time. Telling Mazz how everyone just knew tampa was winning it all and that we all knew it was a super team and that is why Brady "picked" them, yet what was said before was, Tampa is eh, Brady will flop, and Brady had no choice of where he went. So I was not trying to get you, or show you, or call anyone out, which is why I did not attach names to these. The hardest thing for people to write is....I dont know and the second hardest is...I was wrong.

LOL. Classic. Now it's "but wait, wait, the Bucs were a super team didn't you know?" Brady had the good fortune of having the only team out of 31 be a super team that wanted him cause they were just a QB away after all ... LOL LOL

Not that I blame folks for the revisionist history. Brady makes it all look so damn easy.

LOL. Classic. Now it's "but wait, wait, the Bucs were a super team didn't you know?" Brady had the good fortune of having the only team out of 31 be a super team that wanted him cause they were just a QB away after all ... LOL LOL
Its weird because some are saying Brady was not wanted by anyone so he had to go to tampa, and others are saying he hand picked the team he wanted to go to. lol. Also quoted, Tampa's defense sucks, their oline sucks, arians is a clown, etc, all said when he left to Tampa, now it was brady jumping on the superbowl train of a team that had not won a playoff game 18 years prior to brady getting there. lol.
Knowing football, watching football for a long time, watching all-22, film, study players, etc etc, does not mean shit when it comes to predictions, because with fans, predictions are agenda and biased based.
Even I would not have predicted Tampa was winning the superbowl, and neither did anyone else. I mean you had your pockets trying to drum up click, but when it came down to it, people picked other teams right up until the end.

Nothing more than, you telling someone to do their research before posting on here is a bit out there. This is a football message board and nobody.....nobody, gets it all right and its pretty much a guess and its as good as anyone elses, but more so, all football message boards live in the notion of saying something and then after what they say does not happen, it changes to, well thats what I thought would happen the whole time. Telling Mazz how everyone just knew tampa was winning it all and that we all knew it was a super team and that is why Brady "picked" them, yet what was said before was, Tampa is eh, Brady will flop, and Brady had no choice of where he went. So I was not trying to get you, or show you, or call anyone out, which is why I did not attach names to these. The hardest thing for people to write is....I dont know and the second hardest is...I was wrong.

You must live in an alternate reality as I didn't say anything you just ranted about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back