Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm just trying to figure out why in the world you would find the need to quote me if these don't apply to me.

You must live in an alternate reality as I didn't say anything you just ranted about.
That's okay, though. this is the thread for all things Tom Brady. Let them post anything they want. it keeps him out of the football threads

Why is there revisionism going on here? Brady was the perfect fit for Tampa and a as Arians said, he interviewed them more than the other way round.

AND it’s also the case that other teams weren’t interested. The Bolts were one possible suitor and it worked out better for them seeing the development of Herbert. Brady isn’t stupid, he knew exactly the team he wanted and he got them.

I agree. Brady would have been a great fit for many teams. If he had went to the Saints, they probably go 14-2 on their way to the chip.

Why is there revisionism going on here? Brady was the perfect fit for Tampa and a as Arians said, he interviewed them more than the other way round.

AND it’s also the case that other teams weren’t interested. The Bolts were one possible suitor and it worked out better for them seeing the development of Herbert. Brady isn’t stupid, he knew exactly the team he wanted and he got them.
Sure, in hindsight he was the perfect fit as he threw for 40Tds and won the chip BUT at the time of the signing, no one thought it was a perfect fit. Just the opposite. They thought Arians system would be a terrible fit and going to Brees' division and leaving the AFC was a mistake. Just go back and check the stories and shows from back then and that is what you will read.

I do agree that Brady felt it was a great fit for him or else he would not have signed. That being said, Tampa was not his first choice. The Niners were. It was reported that he expressed interest in them and was disappointed when they turned him down. BTW, the biggest loser in the Brady sweepstakes was by far the Niners. Brady wanted to go there, they have a champ roster and Jimmy got hurt after 6 weeks forcing them to trade up to the 3rd pick because they are desperate for QB and then they draft a project in Lance. If I was a Niners fan, I would be beyond depressed especially watching Brady win with the Bucs of all teams.

It seems Brady's knee was a real issue last year. Given the season he had, especially down the stretch and into the playoffs, he may be the best player who has ever played while being injured in the NFL. We all know how he was often injured in NE with broken ribs, finger, hurt shoulder, etc. and we never knew until seasons end.

Very interested in seeing this ring. I don't think it can be any bigger than our sixth. LOL

The Bucs also are in the process of finalizing details for a private Super Bowl ring ceremony that will take place in Tampa on July 22, sources confirmed to ESPN. Owners, front office members, players, coaches and support staff all received invitations to the red carpet event, which will take place just prior to the reporting date for training camp.

Sure, in hindsight he was the perfect fit as he threw for 40Tds and won the chip BUT at the time of the signing, no one thought it was a perfect fit. Just the opposite. They thought Arians system would be a terrible fit and going to Brees' division and leaving the AFC was a mistake. Just go back and check the stories and shows from back then and that is what you will read.

I do agree that Brady felt it was a great fit for him or else he would not have signed. That being said, Tampa was not his first choice. The Niners were. It was reported that he expressed interest in them and was disappointed when they turned him down. BTW, the biggest loser in the Brady sweepstakes was by far the Niners. Brady wanted to go there, they have a champ roster and Jimmy got hurt after 6 weeks forcing them to trade up to the 3rd pick because they are desperate for QB and then they draft a project in Lance. If I was a Niners fan, I would be beyond depressed especially watching Brady win with the Bucs of all teams.

Remember back when Belichick traded Jimmy to SF for a mere 2nd rounder and everybody screamed bloody murder we didn't get enough for him?

What if Bill gave the Niners such a sweetheart deal because he KNEW it was Brady's dream to end his career there and was actually screwing him in advance. Do you think Belichick is really THAT petty and vindictive that he'd pull such a stunt just to hurt the guy that was the ONLY reason the Pats won all those rings by blocking that option to him?

Billy_Butcher_c17d0a42-47f3-4ec3-ab1e-017cdf4c3d0f_480x480.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back