Tony Bennet dead at 96

Wonderful singer. I loved the partnership he had with his piano player over many years, the great Jazz pianist, Ralph Sharon. They were a great combo.

07sharon-obit-superJumbo.jpg

I always loved the Torchbearers for the 'Great American Songbook" and he was definitely one of them.

he was great. I remember him more as someone my parents watched and listened too and I could appreciate him even thought it otherwise wasn't my thing back then.

TBH - when I first heard he passed, my reaction was "he was still alive". hadn't heard anything on/of him for years (not that I was looking).

I cried when I heard Tony Bennett passed away. I feel he was one of the greatest singers of all time (that I have seen and heard). I saw him at the Newport Jazz Festival, around 2010. I like some different kinds of music (rock, country, classical, etc.). He had a great personality, when singing. God Bless him, for living as long as he did. Have you seen him singing with Lady Gaga (what a great voice she has). They were phenomenal. And he was in his 90's when singing with her. Anyway, I really enjoyed him.

A life well lived, rest in peace.

Back