Top 100 2014 Free Agents

I never implied that I wanted him. Just thought he was also a free agent.

I'd rather have Jimmy Graham, but, the Saints do more. :coffee:

I'm reading more & more that Graham will be tough for the Saints to sign from a cap pov.

Antonio Comartie expects to be a cap casualty

antoniocromatie.gif

Antonio Cromartie will be 30-years old at the start of next season. He's a dinosaur compared to most of the Jets defense. He was voted to his 3rd Pro Bowl in 2013 but was graded miserably as the 192nd best CB in the league - 16th in 2012, only Brice McCain (HOU) was graded lower in coverage ability. The Jets would save $9,500,000 by cutting Cromatie this offseason.

Larry Fitzgerald is willing to take a pay cut

larryfitzgerald.gif

Larry Fitzerald is set to make $18,000,000 in 2014, $21,250,000 in 2015, and $15,000,000 in 2016 & 2017. A pay cut could free up space needed to allow Arizona to compete in the ultra-competitive AFC West, or turn Fitz into a more valuable asset on the trade market. Rounding the corner at 30-years old, I'd expect him to re-work his contract to include added guaranteed money but a lower annual cap figure.

I read that Fitzgerald isn't willing to take a pay cut but would restructure his contract or whatever. I'm not really sure if those are the same or different

Dominic Raiola has re-signed with the Lions. Guess we have to sign Alex Mack. :coffee: o:)

I read that Fitzgerald isn't willing to take a pay cut but would restructure his contract or whatever. I'm not really sure if those are the same or different

There's a big difference. Restructuring usually involves some kind of extension with a signing bonus that spreads out the cap hit over the course of the contract. Players get their money up front and it provides cap relief. Problem is that if you cut the player or they retire it's results in a bunch of dead cap space
Because the signing bonus they already received immediately shows up.

A pay cut is just that. A pay cut.

Oh? I read that he's an OT.

As a TE, though, that would be, well . . . Mongo.

No, you're right. I was reading the line above the article that was talking about another tight end.

Damn, I wonder if he can catch...

No, you're right. I was reading the line above the article that was talking about another tight end.

Damn, I wonder if he can catch...

Well, unless the guys has hands and arms like a T-Rex, Luck could probably just put up a lob in his general direction. It's not as if some 5'11"/198lb DB is gonna knock the guy off his route. The Pats would probably have to assign Tommy Kelly to cover him.

Well, unless the guys has hands and arms like a T-Rex, Luck could probably just put up a lob in his general direction. It's not as if some 5'11"/198lb DB is gonna knock the guy off his route. The Pats would probably have to assign Tommy Kelly to cover him.

Our own version of Beastmode.

QUIET PUNY LINEBACKER!

Julius peppers could be a good signing if he'd sign cheap he's pretty old now but probably can still rush the passer pretty well

Nothing about Peppers will be cheap. He would be a fantastic add. Imagine the pass rush we would get from peppers & Jones. There be able to rotate Nink at OLB & DE at times.

TJ Ward, Bernard Pollard or Donte Whitner should all be looked at. Resigning Talib, cutting Gregory and Wilson and signing a REAL SS will make everyone in the secondary better.
The offense is fine. just add a vet WR maybe for cheap and let Blount walk if he wants more than 1.5 a year. Ridley is good. Draft DT, TE and OG first three rounds.

Give me:
Talib, one of the safeties above, and DL help. rushers in specific

Back