Ty Law is a greedy SOB(article)

MrTibbs

Reaction score
No way this guy ever returns to the Patriots. I mean is he broke or something?

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11646227.htm

"Law is not expecting pay cut

BY ARMANDO SALGUERO

asalguero@herald.com

If the Dolphins believe they can get cornerback Ty Law at a discount because he still is recovering from foot surgery that forced him to miss much of the 2004 season, they might have a surprise coming, the player's agent said.

Law, 31, visited the Dolphins on Wednesday but wants a contract that pays him in the ballpark of the NFL's better cornerbacks, and he is not thinking about signing a one-year deal."

He's NOT thinking about a one year deal? He's going to have to get out there and prove he's got gas left in the tank with that bum wheel of his before he gets a huge payday.

Not sure it's that Ty's a greedy SOB as much as his agents are deluded egomaniacs.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Not sure it's that Ty's a greedy SOB as much as his agents are deluded egomaniacs.

One word. One VERY bad word.

Poston

He's had his huge NFL paydays. Those days are more than likely over for him.

I'm not exactly sure what type of restructuring the Patriots were asking for but I believe when it's all said and done, he'll be wishing he stayed here. But then again, there are teams out there (Redskins for one) that toss bad money around.

The problem is Ty Law looks in the mirror and sees the 1997 version of Ty Law, an image reinforced by the Postons. Whomever signs Law will be making a gigantic mistake in my opinion if they agree to his terms.

Yes Kevin Poston is a dirtbag. He's an agent...

The real problem that Ty faces upon his return is the spate of rules re-interpretations that make life very difficult for a physical corner like Ty. They just will not allow these guys to play like fast Safeties anymore. That's why all of these teams drafted little, fast guys. It seems like a league mandated paradigm shift in the way the game will be played for the forseeable future. 1999 Ty Law would have seamlessly made the adjustment. He would have dropped 10 lbs and played to his speed a little more. 2005 Ty Law is coming off an injury (obviously) and people are gun shy.

But I wouldn't count homeboy out. He's no Charles Woodson. He tends to back up the talk on the field. I for one would love to see him back in a Pats uni... but, of course, we can't afford him.

I sincerely hope he ends up in the NFC.

dreithraider76 said:
But I wouldn't count homeboy out. He's no Charles Woodson. He tends to back up the talk on the field.

:eek:

I... I... Gasping for breath... Can't breathe.... Getting dizzy.... :eek:

mgoblue101415 said:
:eek:

I... I... Gasping for breath... Can't breathe.... Getting dizzy.... :eek:

sorry girl...

your boy Woodson has jumped the shark... he's truly the anti-Patriot. Eating up 10 million dollars + of cap space and last year he had 2 less picks than one of our wide recievers... O-VER-RA-TED!

He had as many arrests for drunken public behavior last year as he did picks (1).

Plus the fool is always hurt.

Oh. And did I mention he plays for the Goddamn Oakland Motherf*cking Raiders?

Woodson's problem is one word... Poston. :shake: Charles was never that much of an ass at Michigan as he has been the last few years. :shake: Sure, he was cocky, and talked a lot of crap, but he was never this bad.

And yes... I will give you that he's hurt quite often. :shake: If he could ever stay healthy for a full friggin season....

Although, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he really wasn't injured and that it was some stupid idea by the Postons just have Woodson be able to sit out "legitimately" until the Raiders offer the contract the Postons want.

I mean, it really is amazing how some of these seemingly "SOB" players, i.e. Pace, Arrington, suddenly become a lot less greedy and a lot more compromising when they lose the Postons as their agents. :rolleyes:

mgoblue101415 said:
Woodson's problem is one word... Poston. :shake: Charles was never that much of an ass at Michigan as he has been the last few years. :shake: Sure, he was cocky, and talked a lot of crap, but he was never this bad.

And yes... I will give you that he's hurt quite often. :shake: If he could ever stay healthy for a full friggin season....

Although, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he really wasn't injured and that it was some stupid idea by the Postons just have Woodson be able to sit out "legitimately" until the Raiders offer the contract the Postons want.

I mean, it really is amazing how some of these seemingly "SOB" players, i.e. Pace, Arrington, suddenly become a lot less greedy and a lot more compromising when they lose the Postons as their agents. :rolleyes:

You make some good arguments... but for the most part it just seems that you are going to great lengths to defend Woodson because he played football at Michigan. His problem is emphatically NOT to be blamed on his agent. Sure Poston is an a$$hole. But so is Woodson. He never grew up. He just stayed the entitled Big-Man-On-Campus that he was at Michigan. He is constantly having drunken scrapes and run-ins with cops at ungodly hours of the morning. He is a clubhouse cancer quick to blame others for his lack of productivity on the field. He is often injured. And, in reality, he has parlayed 3 good seasons into a massive contract which he has utterly failed to fulfill. He hasn't mad the pro-bowl in the last 4 years. He is O-VER-RA-TED!

mgo, you're blind spot for Michigan guys totally undermines your otherwise kick-a$$ football knowlege. blaming the jerk-off Postons for Chuck's bad attitude and weak play is a cop out.

This is exactly why I never bought Law going to Miami rumors. If Saban is anything like Belichick, he is gonna know Law is NOT the guy you wanna sign to a nice deal. Love ya Law, for everything you did..But your getting older and injured. It's just not worth it anymore. It's ridiculous that Law thinks he is gonna geta huge $$$. How stupid is he for not taking that nice contract the Pats offered him a year ago?

He would be able to come right back in and ready to play and make plenty of money. He'll be lucky to be signed if he really thinks someone is gonna shell out heavy loads for his services.

dreithraider76 said:
mgo, you're blind spot for Michigan guys totally undermines your otherwise kick-a$$ football knowlege. blaming the jerk-off Postons for Chuck's bad attitude and weak play is a cop out.

Okay, not to completely hijack this thread... So I'll say this and then let the discussion turn back to that SOB Law. :p

Why is it when I defend Woodson or Terrell or A-Train, I'm a homer, or blind to the faults of Michigan guys? What's my excuse for saying that Ken Dorsey (I can't stand the Canes) will be a starter and be good. What's my reasoning for saying that Clarret (a buckeye mind you) has changed and will be a productive back in the NFL?

I have gone out on a limb and defended or praised guys that most people laugh at me for. But I defend a guy who went to Michigan and I'm a homer. When I start saying that Chris Floyd wasn't given a chance in NE or that Marcus Knight wasn't given enough opportunity in Oakland, or some team should give Biakabatuka one more chance then I will admit I have a problem with being blind to my Michigan boys. I only defend guys, Wolverines or not, that I feel strongly about. And sure, I may defend Michigan guys more strongly but a lot of that has to do with me being more familiar with them. And yes, part of it is that they played at Michigan, and I want them to do well, but I'm not going to go out on a limb and say Markus Curry is going to be a Pro Bowl CB. :shrug: Although, if in the rare chance he does, you heard it here first. :p

OK, last report I saw on Law (a few weeks ago) said he's overweight & out of shape, thata he's still getting around in his electric wheel chair. The pins have just been removed, and he isn't planning on making any 'cutting' type exercises until late June or July. This isn't the description of a player who would have any kind of game impact in the 1st half of the up-coming season, and probably not the latter half, either.

So ... we have an old fat guy - and how can he and the Postons possible imagine he will get the money he seems to think he's worth?

My thinking is - after all the teams he's visited - is that he would have already been signed (the signing being contigent upon his passing a physical) if even ONE team thought he was worth a damn. Obviously, he isn't signed, so ...

:confused:

Money or Quality of life?

I don't blame Law for being greedy, but I do feel sorry for him. Law measures the value of his life in dollar bills. He deserves our pity. He could have been so much happier if he had realized that happiness derives from winning and from practicing and playing with good, hard-working teammates.

When you're worth tens of millions of dollars, isn't winning Super Bowls with teammates you love and respect and arguably the greatest coach in the history of the game worth more than maximizing your salary playing on a losing team with a less-than-professional attitude? Isn't playing your entire career for a dynasty worth more than money? Wouldn't a shot at the Hall of Fame have been worth sacrificing a bit from your fat pocketbook?

Law equates money with respect. Ironically, Brady, Bruschi, Light and the rest earn far more respect by not acting like selfish pigs. Only insecure people equate money and respect. I do feel bad that Law doesn't possess more self-respect. He is blinded by his obsession with dollar signs, for which he deserves our pity.

--James

Back