UPDATE - Draft Party Plans!!!

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
2006 Draft Order

For future reference next April. Pats will pick either 21, 22, 31 or 32.

1 Houston Texans 2-14 .535 (Strength of Schedule)
2 New Orleans Saints 3-13 .523
3 Tennessee Titans 4-12 .512
4 New York Jets 4-12 .527
5 Green Bay Packers 4-12 .531
6 Oakland Raiders# 4-12 .539
6 San Francisco 49ers# 4-12 .539
8 Buffalo Bills 5-11 .500
9 Detroit Lions 5-11 .504
10 Arizona Cardinals 5-11 .508
11 St. Louis Rams 6-10 .484
12 Cleveland Browns 6-10 .508
13 Baltimore Ravens 6-10 .523
14 Philadelphia Eagles 6-10 .531
15 Atlanta Falcons 8-8 .492
16 Miami Dolphins 9-7 .457
17 Minnesota Vikings 9-7 .484
18 Dallas Cowboys 9-7 .523
19 San Diego Chargers 9-7 .559
20 Kansas City Chiefs 10-6 .504
21 New England Patriots* 10-6 .508
22 Washington Redskins* 10-6 .539
23 Carolina Panthers* 11-5 .449
24 Tampa Bay Buccaneers* 11-5 .449
25 Chicago Bears* 11-5 .457
26 Cincinnati Bengals* 11-5 .477
27 New York Giants* 11-5 .492
28 Pittsburgh Steelers* 11-5 .492
29 Jacksonville Jaguars* 12-4 .465
30 Seattle Seahawks* 13-3 .430
31 Denver Broncos* 13-3 .500
32 Indianapolis Colts* 14-2 .457

# Coin flip to determine positions
* Playoff teams, final order depends on playoff results.

From NFL.com:

The order among the playoff teams is subject to change, depending on how teams do in the postseason, although no team can fall below other teams with the same regular-season record unless it advances to the Super Bowl. The winner of that game would have the 32nd and last pick, the loser would pick 31st.

Thus New England and Washington (both 10-6) are Nos. 21 and 22. If the Patriots advance and the Redskins don't, Washington would move up one spot, but New England could not fall below 22nd.

The order among the 11-5 teams starts with Carolina at No. 23, followed by Tampa Bay, Chicago, Cincinnati, the New York Giants and Pittsburgh.

Jacksonville, the only 12-4 team, is 29th, followed by Seattle and Denver (13-3) and Indianapolis (14-2).

So for perfect clarity, are we all agreed that the Pats have teh #22 pick in the draft?

thomas144 said:
Picking #22 sounds awesome. Maybe they could trade that pick and Richard Seymour to the Jets for their pick.

Thanks anyway, but no... :D

No, they have the #21 pick.

The tie breaker is strength of schedule. The Pats had a .508 vs. 'Skins .539, giving them an easier SOS, therefore, the higher pick.

bideau said:
No, they have the #21 pick.

The tie breaker is strength of schedule. The Pats had a .508 vs. 'Skins .539, giving them an easier SOS, therefore, the higher pick.

I'm glad to hear that, but that's also exactly why I asked the question. In that case, what the heck does this paragraph mean?

"Thus New England and Washington (both 10-6) are Nos. 21 and 22. If the Patriots advance and the Redskins don't, Washington would move up one spot, but New England could not fall below 22nd. "

EDIT: Disregard. Both Pats and Redskins advanced and then lost in the same round, which is what I lost track of. I was thinking the 'skins lost in the prior round. NEVER MIND. *cough*

How annoying must it be to be a Jags fan? Your team gets throttled in the first round of the playoffs, but picks 29th, and 8 picks after the team that throttled you... Ouch.

Amnorix said:
I'm glad to hear that, but that's also exactly why I asked the question. In that case, what the heck does this paragraph mean?

"Thus New England and Washington (both 10-6) are Nos. 21 and 22. If the Patriots advance and the Redskins don't, Washington would move up one spot, but New England could not fall below 22nd. "

EDIT: Disregard. Both Pats and Redskins advanced and then lost in the same round, which is what I lost track of. I was thinking the 'skins lost in the prior round. NEVER MIND. *cough*

The fact that they both lost in the same round is irrelelvant. The only playoff results that change the draft order are the conference champions. They get the #31 and #32 pick no matter what their record is.

Jax could move up two spots if Carolina and Pitt make the Super Bowl. But at best, they get the #27 pick.

bideau said:
The fact that they both lost in the same round is irrelelvant. The only playoff results that change the draft order are the conference champions. They get the #31 and #32 pick no matter what their record is.

Then the sentence I quoted is either flat wrong, or really, really poorly written.

the "but New England could not fall below 22nd" makes no sense. What possible combination of events could result in the Pats drafting 22nd? Seems to me that it was either 21 (if they don't go to the SB) or 31 or 32 (if they did, and depending on whether they won or lost). No?

Amnorix said:
Then the sentence I quoted is either flat wrong, or really, really poorly written.

the "but New England could not fall below 22nd" makes no sense. What possible combination of events could result in the Pats drafting 22nd? Seems to me that it was either 21 (if they don't go to the SB) or 31 or 32 (if they did, and depending on whether they won or lost). No?

:doh:

You're correct. They are contradictory sentences. I really think the 2nd one is poorly written. I don't think there's anyway the Pats could have picked at #22.

But no matter, they're cemented at #21.

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
seasons over,our draft position is set so the only relevant question remaining is .....

where are we having the draft party this year? :D :toast:

I'm already looking into a great sports place in Milford, right off of 495. They've got two big private rooms with multiple TV's in each room. The main area has 5 huge screens with about 15 smaller TVs throughout. Even the men's room has two TV's.

If anyone else has other suggestions, be quick. We've only got 4 months to plan this :eek:

bideau said:
I'm already looking into a great sports place in Milford, right off of 495. They've got two big private rooms with multiple TV's in each room. The main area has 5 huge screens with about 15 smaller TVs throughout. Even the men's room has two TV's.

If anyone else has other suggestions, be quick. We've only got 4 months to plan this :eek:
near the hotels? if it the place I think it is a nice place

I'm there. Maybe RoadGrader and I could double-date?

bideau said:

if we have to put a deposit down to "rent" one of the private rooms I would be more than willing to help out with some $$.

keep me posted ...... the clock is tickin ;)

Bid -

Have you done anything with that place in Milford?

Ok I have 1 out left.... my mother is insisting on paying for our hotel (she's part of an extensive time share group) well she has been unable to get a hotel booked to date (I can always find a place in olde town) ...but in any event our honeymoon could feasibly be pushed back a couple of weeks enabling me to attend the draft party. :dbanana:

PS if you do not hear from me for 2-3 days send a search team to fish my corpse from the Delaware river ...if ms PA reads this thread. :(

Ras-Al-Ghul said:
Bid -

Have you done anything with that place in Milford?

No, I forgot about it until now. If people are interested in this place, I can call within the next few days and get some info on the private party rooms.

Back