Views of the Board!

Are you a Liberal or a Conservative?

• I'm a liberal, I have a heart!

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • What about the Constitution? Im a conservative!

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Thomas 144 was never president

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • zombies eat political brains

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to the libertarian party!

We have meetings on Wednesday. There will be punch and pie (except for the dirty commies like Steve-O. He has to share his punch and pie with everyone at the meeting, regardless if they have their own punch and pie, and regardless if they did anything to deserve punch and pie)

I have sympathy for libertarian views, but I find the actual party to be extremist and out of touch. Remember my first sentence. Being a pragmatist makes me think eliminating most of the government is probably not doable.

I'm sort of a liberal Democrat, but also sort of a Libertarian. Of course, I'm sliding Right as I age, as people usually do. The older you get, the more you want to hang onto what you've got, LOL.

The two best political explanations I've heard:

1.) If you're young and not a Liberal, you have no heart; if you're old and not a Conservative, you have no brain.

2.) A Liberal is simply a Conservative who hasn't been mugged yet.

:D

I'm sort of a liberal Democrat, but also sort of a Libertarian. Of course, I'm sliding Right as I age, as people usually do. The older you get, the more you want to hang onto what you've got, LOL.

The two best political explanations I've heard:

1.) If you're young and not a Liberal, you have no heart; if you're old and not a Conservative, you have no brain.

2.) A Liberal is simply a Conservative who hasn't been mugged on taxes by your government yet.

:D

Fixed it for ya.:coffee: But yeah I've heard the same things before as well JD.

Hey, that graph thingy was kinda cool! I'm in the same neighborhood as some folks here...

I have sympathy for libertarian views, but I find the actual party to be extremist and out of touch. Remember my first sentence. Being a pragmatist makes me think eliminating most of the government is probably not doable.
Probably not, but it would great if we could!

It's really kind of hard being libertarian actaully. Everytime an earmark or pork bill passes, we're obligated to shed a tear like the Indians do with littering.

Not to mention trying to preach fiscal conservatism to a government spending money like drunken horny sailors on shoreleave looking for some poontang.

I love this one, because it really held true for me.

I used to be a democrat because I wanted to "help people" and wondered why the government wasn't doing more.

Then I realized the government tends to epically fail in everything it does, and so if I really wanted to help people, that last thing I should do is turn them over to the government.

And a conservative was born!

I'm a pragmatist who leans liberal on cultural issues and conservative on fiscal issues.

My liberal friends think I'm a heartless conservative and my conservative friends think I'm a bleeding heart liberal.

I didn't vote in the poll.

Well said. Sums me up as well.

I'm a centrist Democrat. Slightly left of the political center, but to the right of the some of the left. :)

:choices:

pcgraphpng.php

Hey, that graph thingy was kinda cool! I'm in the same neighborhood as some folks here...
Looks like we think teh sam way JD... Like they say perverted minds think alike...:coffee:

Well...seeings as how the poll doesn't quite work for me I'll just toss in a written response...

I'm an independent. On some things I'm more liberal, on others I'm more conservative. But for the most part, I'm pretty much down the middle.

So as far as the poll goes, I vote for zombies

Back