WEEI Looks Back At 2003

BradyGirl

Reaction score
I thought I'd try and keep up with the remainder of WEEI's look back at 2003 and give my fellow fans a heads-up (if I remember, ha,ha). Or anyone can post here if you know the weekly guest.

The look back is on Thursdays in the 11:00 hour on the Gresh & Fauria Show. Christian gives good insights as he was a member of the team that year.

This week will be Romeo Crennel discussing the 2003 defense. :patslogo26:

Last edited:
Gah! Figures I post and am not sure if they're doing the Look Back this hour or not. I tuned in around 11:15 but they were interviewing Adrian Klemm, not part of Look Back. So I'll just say they've been doing it on Thursdays. Could be scheduling issues today. Sorry 'bout that, guys. They could still have it since it's only 11:39 and the show continues until 2:00. I don't think they already did it.

Long story short, just keep checking! ☺️

Gah! Figures I post and am not sure if they're doing the Look Back this hour or not. I tuned in around 11:15 but they were interviewing Adrian Klemm, not part of Look Back. So I'll just say they've been doing it on Thursdays. Could be scheduling issues today. Sorry 'bout that, guys. They could still have it since it's only 11:39 and the show continues until 2:00. I don't think they already did it.

Long story short, just keep checking! ☺️

What did Klemm say was his health issue?

Romeo was very good! Just a few highlights:

Injuries struck early (Roosevelt Colvin lost for the season with a hip injury, for one) but every guy did his job, working hard to fill the gaps.

The defense allowed less than 15 points per game.

Bill of course signed off on the defensive gameplan. If he didn't like something, he would let them know. If he liked the plan, he wouldn't say anything. Typical BB! ☺️

They started to get guys like Ted Washington and Richard Seymour back, so talent bump there.

You can go slow with rookies if you're winning, otherwise they're kind of thrown in the water. 😝

During the Super Bowl one of Carolina's receivers (forget his name) shot down the field because of blown coverage and Romeo lost it. 😁

There was more but these were the notes I jotted down. It was fun to listen to!

On right now. Ross Hochstein the guest. Pats win 12-0 over Parcells' Cowboys.

Russ was fun!

He talked about how angry he was when Warren Sapp basically said, "Russ, who?" Dante called him in and asked how he was going to respond. Russ started to say how but Dante said, "Don't respond at all. If we do well, you'll be fine. If we don't, you'll be made fun of." Paraphrasing here but that was the gist.

So when Sapp tried to talk to him at the Super Bowl Media Day, Russ said he had nothing to say. The On-line didn't allow a sack.

He did say there was extra buzz the week of the Cowboys game because of the Parcells/Belichick thing but he just...wait for it...did his job! 🤠

So, just a few highlights. ☺️

Whoops, haven't updated. I plead RL getting in the way!

Thanksgiving Week: no guest.

Nov. 30--Deion Branch (didn't hear much of it)

Dec. 7--Ty Law. It was the Miami snow game with people sitting on snowdrifts in the stands. Ty wasn't bothered by the weather since he's a Pennsylvania native. He said that the defense was under pressure because they knew they would have opportunities to make plays going up against Jay Fiedler. No one wanted to miss out! :clap:

Stephen Neal was last week's guest. All the offensive linemen sound like nice guys. 🏈 ☺️ 🏈

Back