WEEI stuck on the Dillon thing.....

Smokin Joe said:
Go do your homework. He hurt his ankle late in the Yr and he had 3 games without a 100.

2yrs ago he got hurt in week 1 or 2 and didn't have a 100 till week 8,but we had a sh*tty offense line then and no Penny,he was carrying the team on his shoulders.
I don't have to! You confirmed what I said . CuMar played through injury and stunk the joint out. Especially 2 years ago, furtherly contributing to that 1-4 start. You might have to go and do your work a little bit better actually. Oppie took over for Vinny after game 4. You can throw all the blame on the O-Line if you want but the fact is that Curtis , due to the ankle injury, couldn't cut or break tackles.
But hey like I said. When Curtis does it, it's for altruistic reasons. When Corey does it, it's for selfish reasons.

The guys on WEEI really need to get over it.

:patriots: :Redsox: :pat:

Spinal Tap said:
I like Smerlas because he is a dumb jock, or at least that's his persona on the radio. I don't think Smerlas is as much of an oaf as he portrays himself to be on the Big Show. I believe it's part of his act and it's what makes him an original personality on a radio station that has a lot of the same (Buckley, Maz, McAdam, LJ, just to name a few).

I'll agree with most of you in that my favorite show is the Big Show. I think the format of changing guest hosts everyday is what makes that show tick. I'm also a firm believer that Ordway actually does know his stuff about sports, unlike the guys that preceed him from 6 am to 2 pm.

Wow we agree on Ordway! He dleivers his comments with conviction while some of the others don't! It's relatively easy to sense when someone is confident about his/hers opinions ( they may not always be correct, though )!

If you can catch it try Jim Rome, 12P-3P on The Score790, at least his guests/topics are varied even if he does have too much "rome lingo" going! Also, the PM drive huys on same station.

BengalBrian said:
You must be offended by my opinion now also.. Why start bringing up the fact that this team (which went 2-14 before Marvin) is not a championship team.. No **** sherlock!!! Who ever claimed they were? Not me.. I think I made a valid point that Marvin is making this franchise better and I think Dillon being gone is a huge part of that improvement. We are actually 500 now, so do your research before you post. And if you mean Marvin's overall record with the Bengals, it is 500 as well.. 8-8 last year and 6-6 so far this year.. We wont count preseason since you guys never do (ie. Us whupping your ass at PBS)

Im not offended by anyhting you say...you opinions means **** to me. All i was trying to say is..Marvin did make your franchise alot better...but by no means is it a "winning program"

You can take your .500 winning program and shove it...cuz by the end of this weekend...you'll be belwow .500 again.

People in Cincinnati hate Corey Dillon beyond all measure because they sit up and listen to local "clear-channel" hate-radio station WLW all day long. Sounds like Fred Smerlas might possibly fit in there - I'm not sure what "his politics" means. There's a sports talk show on a much less powerful local station WDBZ (that I believe is accessible via internet) run by former Bengal DB Eric Thomas and a guy named Wayne "Box" Miller. The discussion there is far healthier than the crap on the more popular WLW.

Corey Dillon really did some questionable things here, but people forget that Al Davis made a living with players that other teams had rejected as "trouble-makers." The current Bengals staff is just now getting over the idea that wide-out T. J. Houshmandzadeh was a bad-attitude guy, which is something I really can't figure out. People get carried away with image and labels.

I'm sure that the Pats' organization knew exactly what they were getting in Dillon. It's working out so far, so more power to everybody involved. The Pats, an established winner, added another useful cog to their wheel, and it only cost them a 2nd round pick. The Bengals got rid of a guy who didn't want to be part of their efforts to build a winning program, and had a back in house who's gained comparable yardage so far. Plus they got a very fine DB in Madieu Williams.

To the WLW crowd, does it really feel good to have your spleen inflamed all the damn time?

YamahaPlayer251 said:
I'm sure that the Pats' organization knew exactly what they were getting in Dillon. It's working out so far, so more power to everybody involved. The Pats, an established winner, added another useful cog to their wheel, and it only cost them a 2nd round pick. The Bengals got rid of a guy who didn't want to be part of their efforts to build a winning program, and had a back in house who's gained comparable yardage so far. Plus they got a very fine DB in Madieu Williams.

Thank you. A point well taken. The problem I have is when this Bengalbrain guy came here and started sounding like he thinks the Patriots are done 'cuz we picked up Dillon. That Dillon is a cancer that can only ruin a good team and his "asking" to go back in for two more yards is just the start of that downfall. He started making comparisons to others peoples posts about a poor subject on talk radio to make his point. What he missed was that WE (pats fans) agreed he should have been given the oppitunity to do so. The radio station and papers were using poor taste in broaching the subject.

It is further incensing that people don't understand how the Patriots organization works. The assumtion that Becouse The Bengals coudn't handle DIllon then the Patriots are automaticly going to fold is to think the Bengals and the Patriots are on the same level. And they are not. The patriots are far superior to the Bengals in every aspect. From Stadium, to Players, to front office, Heck, I bet the parking shuttle is even better in Foxboro than it is in Cincinnati. But you get my point.

Thats not to say The Bengals are not a team on the rise. Nor have I questioned Bengals Fans loyality to their team. Heck, Marvin Lewis seems to be a step in the right direction. He seems to know what he's talking about. All I have done is pointed out the the flaw in their thinking when it comes to Dillon's attitude towardplaying for the Patriots Vs playing for the Bengals. Until they understand these fundemental differancesin each teams approach to the game, they properly won't do much better then 9-7 each year.

That being said, And getting a little back on topic here, It is a sad day for WEEI rival WBZ. Out of towners might not apprciate the story, but those who USED to live in Boston will feel a slight tug at the heartstrings

Brudnoy Accepts Losing Battle With Cancer

One of the most notable voices of Boston talk radio said he was losing his battle with cancer and bid farewell to his family and friends Wednesday from his hospital room.

David Brudnoy, of WBZ NewsRadio 1030, is hospitalized at Massachusetts General Hospital. He has been battling merkel-cell carcinoma, a very rare and highly aggressive form of skin cancer, for about one year. About one decade ago, he also developed full-blown AIDS.

"It's gone below the waist. It's in the liver and kidneys," Brudnoy said, as reported on WBZ.com.

Brudnoy spoke with WBZ's Gary Lapierre from his hospital bed, and the conversation was broadcast on 1030 AM Wednesday afternoon.

Brudnoy's cancer, which had been in remission until several weeks ago, has spread to his liver, affecting the functioning of that organ. As a consequence of the disease, his kidneys also are failing, the hospital said in a statement.

He told Lapierre that to continue with his treatments would just prolong his pain.

"With morphine and a little oxygen and food. I am not starving myself. I am not asking my doctors to do anything illegal. I wish I could but they won't. I will make it through. My head is completely accepting of this. I am absolutely ready."

Brudnoy has asked that he receive only comfort care, and he continues to be alert and is resting comfortably, hospital officials said.

Brudnoy has always been open with his listeners about his illnesses.

"I think we in the media oftentimes want everybody else to be frank about themselves but want to be covert about ourselves. My life is truly an open book," Brudnoy said. "It has been but more so as I contend with these diseases."

Brudnoy started his talk radio career at WHDH-AM in 1976, then moved to WRKO-AM in 1981. He's been a fixture at WBZ since 1986.

Brudnoy, who hosts "The David Brudnoy Show," also worked at WCVB-TV from 1991 to 1993
:(

Supkem said:
Thank you. A point well taken. The problem I have is when this Bengalbrain guy came here and started sounding like he thinks the Patriots are done 'cuz we picked up Dillon.

Quote me on this...Please

Oh.. I just 'sounded' like that is what I was saying? Whatever

BengalBrian said:
Quote me on this...Please

Sorry guys, but Dillon is like that... its the same old Dillon, I guarantee it is

MY being the key word.. Its what he's all about... I could see him raising a stink if you get a young HB in there next year and try to take some of CDs time for it...

this is typical Dillon, and if you guys have issues with your team down the road, he will make it more difficult if it affects his spotlight in anyway...

But you know what, Bengalbrain, I used you. Yep, I used you Becouse of my preception of your teams fans on the Dillon issue. You were the first one I saw mention his name on this board and let you have it as you represented a view I feel most Bengals fans have toward Corey Dillon and the Patriots. I say this all in fairness now that I see the error of my ways.... But WHO-DEY STILL SUCKS (better watch out before he catches up with that new stuffed chickadee--WHO DAT)

Supkem said:
But you know what, Bengalbrain, I used you. Yep, I used you Becouse of my preception of your teams fans on the Dillon issue. You were the first one I saw mention his name on this board and let you have it as you represented a view I feel most Bengals fans have toward Corey Dillon and the Patriots. I say this all in fairness now that I see the error of my ways.... But WHO-DEY STILL SUCKS (better watch out before he catches up with that new stuffed chickadee--WHO DAT)

You quoted me, but not on what you claimed I said... Nice try though..

I already stated too, that maybe he will prove me wrong.. I didnt come here to start ****.... So calm the **** down there buddy... I am a Dillon hater, but I admit he is one of the best RBs (Talent-wise) to play modern day football.. I give him that...

But whatever, I wont express my opinion on it anymore

Back