WEEI stuck on the Dillon thing.....

Some of the WEEI people seem to be alsmost casual sports fans who, somehow, found a radio gig! I have sat around living rooms with friends and had much better, more analytical, more relevent discussions, for free. Gerry Callahan reminds me of a Limbaugh wannabe and Dale Arnold of a perpetual paperboy. Arnold may be a nice guy, though! The "Big Show", while loaded with buffonery, has Glen Ordway who, in my opinion, knows what he's talking abou!

Re: Re: Re: WEEI stuck on the Dillon thing.....

TriadSteeler said:
you damn well better believe I'll be there to get MY two yards.

MY being the key word.. Its what he's all about.. You may never see it since your team is arguably the best since cap limits were introdiced... Although I could see him raising a stink if you get a young HB in there next year and try to take some of CDs time for it...

As for your comment.. What if you go to work with the flu, get everyone else sick, and then they miss days causing ill will for the company.. Thanks for proving my point.. If Dillon was hurt in any way, he shouldnt have risked injuring himself further for such selfish reasons..

This instance is very trivial and I dont expect anyone to be getting their panties in a bunch.. But this is typical Dillon, and if you guys have issues with your team down the road, he will make it more difficult if it affects his spotlight in anyway...

Re: Re: Re: Re: WEEI stuck on the Dillon thing.....

BengalBrian said:
MY being the key word.. Its what he's all about.. You may never see it since your team is arguably the best since cap limits were introdiced... Although I could see him raising a stink if you get a young HB in there next year and try to take some of CDs time for it...
Your so caught up in Corey Dillon that you can't see the forest for the trees, TripleSteel was talking about HIMSLEF missing work, NOT some football player.
As for your comment.. What if you go to work with the flu, get everyone else sick, and then they miss days causing ill will for the company.. Thanks for proving my point.. If Dillon was hurt in any way, he shouldnt have risked injuring himself further for such selfish reasons.....
So I guess I better not have ambitions in life 'cuz we might hurt somebody's feelings? In this life You do what you have to do. Let others worry about themselves.

This instance is very trivial and I dont expect anyone to be getting their panties in a bunch.. But this is typical Dillon, and if you guys have issues with your team down the road, he will make it more difficult if it affects his spotlight in anyway.

Read you own board. Anni pointed out over there that Should Dillon become a problem, He would be gone, Dosen't matter how good he is. The Patriots team philosophy is that no one is bigger than the team. NO ONE! It dosen't matter how good or bad you are. The Patriots come first. So Before you come in here spouting off, LISTEN, READ AND LEARN!!!! The Patriots have already delt with issues like what you insist WILL happen. Ever hear of Terry Glenn? BilichickLet him sit out the entire year in '01 becouse he (Glenn) had issues with the coach and money and pot
:high:

Hell, Kenyatta Jones had one little spat with his gay lover and he was gone from the team within two weeks.

Lawyer Milloy, the Defensive freakin' Captain, wanted so much money becosue he thought he was the end all and be all for DB's. Guess what? FIVE DAYS after he opened his mouth he was shipped off to Droppyland. What in this whole wide world makes you think the Patriots CAN"T handle it if Dillon somehow blows a gasket?

WHO-DEY STILL LICKS HIMSELF

Re: Re: Re: Re: WEEI stuck on the Dillon thing.....

BengalBrian said:

As for your comment.. What if you go to work with the flu, get everyone else sick, and then they miss days causing ill will for the company.. Thanks for proving my point.. If Dillon was hurt in any way, he shouldnt have risked injuring himself further for such selfish reasons..

This instance is very trivial and I dont expect anyone to be getting their panties in a bunch.. But this is typical Dillon, and if you guys have issues with your team down the road, he will make it more difficult if it affects his spotlight in anyway...

The only thing is for the 1st 5 or 6 seasons Dillon played on the Bengals he gave his all. Mike Brown was running that organization into the ground (Hell, your own fans even have a website dedicated to the issue). Corey had no one to play for but himself.

Just ask Corey one simple question? Are you happier this year or last year.

There is no way Belichek will allow this to become an issue. He didn't with Malloy. 1500 yards or no 1500 yards Dillon would be gone. Heck, the Pats won the last two out of three with a retread RB. Dillon is nice to have, but not an absolute necessity. Unless they play the Steelers, of course.

Brian, FWIW, if you guys play as well Sunday the way you have played the last few weeks the Patriots will be in for a big surprise.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WEEI stuck on the Dillon thing.....

Supkem said:
Your so caught up in Corey Dillon that you can't see the forest for the trees, TripleSteel was talking about HIMSLEF missing work, NOT some football player.
So I guess I better not have ambitions in life 'cuz we might hurt somebody's feelings? In this life You do what you have to do. Let others worry about themselves.

Read you own board. Anni pointed out over there that Should Dillon become a problem, He would be gone, Dosen't matter how good he is. The Patriots team philosophy is that no one is bigger than the team. NO ONE! It dosen't matter how good or bad you are. The Patriots come first. So Before you come in here spouting off, LISTEN, READ AND LEARN!!!! The Patriots have already delt with issues like what you insist WILL happen. Ever hear of Terry Glenn? BilichickLet him sit out the entire year in '01 becouse he (Glenn) had issues with the coach and money and pot
:high:

Hell, Kenyatta Jones had one little spat with his gay lover and he was gone from the team within two weeks.

Lawyer Milloy, the Defensive freakin' Captain, wanted so much money becosue he thought he was the end all and be all for DB's. Guess what? FIVE DAYS after he opened his mouth he was shipped off to Droppyland. What in this whole wide world makes you think the Patriots CAN"T handle it if Dillon somehow blows a gasket?

WHO-DEY STILL LICKS HIMSELF

Yer not even worth responding to other than to say yer not worth responding to...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WEEI stuck on the Dillon thing.....

BengalBrian said:
Yer not even worth responding to other than to say yer not worth responding to...

Only becosue you don't know how.

You and the ENTIRE CITY of Cincinnatti is so stuck on Corey Dillon, you think nobody else can handle him.
To come in here and insinuate that the Patriots will falter the first time Dillon says "BOO!" is completely insulting to the Patriots organization, and their fans. US!

The Bengals, and most of the country, beleive the way to deal with unruley players is to baby them. Well, WE DON"T PLAY THAT WAY!!! How far do you think Chad Johnson would have gotten with his Pepto-bismol Hijinx if HE were a Patriot? Not far, 'cuz he would be riding the bench if not traded. In fact, when's the last time you heard News of a Patriot getting fined for celabrating in the end-zone or after a first down for that matter? YOU HAVEN'T, becouse THEY (we) DON'T!

The Patriots don't win games 'cuz they are great, The win games 'cuz they have a great Attitude toward winning.
And until The Bengals (and the rest of sports) realize this, they will be playing meaningful games in December while the Patriots And Corey Dillon,will be playing them In February.

AND WHO- DEY SUCKS!!!

Supkem said:
Dillon is like what? I think your missing the point here, We don't care that he asked back in the game for his two yards. WE think he deserved it. So did the o-line.

They though he should risk injury and the teams future sucess just to get 2 meaningless yards?

Yea that sounds like a team player. If he was healthy enough for the 1 carry then he should have been healthy enought o play the rest if the game.

The fact he left right after he got his 100 speaks volumes about his character.

This Supkem sounds to be in denial.. Obviously, I was just participating in a conversation and giving my opinion.. But he cant handle that.. Boo hoo for him..

But anyway, for the record, maybe I am wrong about the guy, but the guy had made an ass out of himself more than once during interviews in the offseason as well.. Look what Marvin had done to our organization.. Noone here can say he has done bad for us.. Dillon is no exception to this... He was a cancer to us and holding us back.. He had a chance to be on a winning Bengals team finally but he didnt believe in Marvin's program. So be it, no harm done.. Well, he is gone now and he wasnt with us, so he is gone. Had noone given us a trade, we would have just dropped him for nothing.

Did you know Dillon showed up for the Seahawks game late and since Rudi was starting, he left!? Great team guy.. Tell ya what.. The Seahawks were decent last year and we beat them.. Rudi put up 200+.

So it is my opinion that he will continue to be the same guy he has been since High School and College and the Bengals.. Thats right Mr Supkem... MY OPINION... DEAL WITH IT!

By the way.. I wanted to remind you of this nice shot when Dillon started out on a 1st and goal in preseason but couldnt punch it in for a TD.. What a shame.. He got owned by our first, second and third string.. And dont tell me he wasnt trying in Cincy, because he was.. Ouch.. This had to hurt Dillon!

333.jpg

Smokin Joe said:
They though he should risk injury and the teams future sucess just to get 2 meaningless yards?

Yea that sounds like a team player. If he was healthy enough for the 1 carry then he should have been healthy enought o play the rest if the game.

The fact he left right after he got his 100 speaks volumes about his character.
So when Cumar plays through ankle sprains the last 2 seasons, and stinks the joint up for 5-6 games at a time, so he can extend his 1000 yard seasons streak he is a high character gyu and a team first gyu who plays through pain. But when Dillon goes back for 1 play to get his 100 yards for the game he is selfish and a cancer.
Gotta love the objectivity that Jets fans can bring to the table!:rolleyes: :shake:

Go do your homework. He hurt his ankle late in the Yr and he had 3 games without a 100.

2yrs ago he got hurt in week 1 or 2 and didn't have a 100 till week 8,but we had a sh*tty offense line then and no Penny,he was carrying the team on his shoulders.

Let them talk about Dillon on WEEI all they want. Id rather listen to the same old argument of this, then balco, or the NbA brawl a couplke of weeks ago

BengalBrian said:
But anyway, for the record, maybe I am wrong about the guy, but the guy had made an ass out of himself more than once during interviews in the offseason as well.. Look what Marvin had done to our organization.. Noone here can say he has done bad for us.. Dillon is no exception to this... He was a cancer to us and holding us back.. He had a chance to be on a winning Bengals team finally but he didnt believe in Marvin's program. So be it, no harm done.. Well, he is gone now and he wasnt with us, so he is gone. Had noone given us a trade, we would have just dropped him for nothing.

Did you know Dillon showed up for the Seahawks game late and since Rudi was starting, he left!? Great team guy.. Tell ya what.. The Seahawks were decent last year and we beat them.. Rudi put up 200+.

So it is my opinion that he will continue to be the same guy he has been since High School and College and the Bengals.. Thats right Mr Supkem... MY OPINION... DEAL WITH IT!

By the way.. I wanted to remind you of this nice shot when Dillon started out on a 1st and goal in preseason but couldnt punch it in for a TD.. What a shame.. He got owned by our first, second and third string.. And dont tell me he wasnt trying in Cincy, because he was.. Ouch.. This had to hurt Dillon!

333.jpg

First off: Marvin Lewis is doing a good job in Cincy, but as good as hes doin....his team still not a championship caliber team. And as of right now...if you think Marvins program is a winning one, then that shows you the expectations you guys have in Cincy, which is pathetic, when he was 8-8 last year, and so far is how many games below .500??? Now I see why the Dillonator, TKO, and Pickerns wanted to leave soo bad.

secondly: Didnt Dillon get in a car accident on his way to the Seattle game?

ENFORCER said:
First off: Marvin Lewis is doing a good job in Cincy, but as good as hes doin....his team still not a championship caliber team. And as of right now...if you think Marvins program is a winning one, then that shows you the expectations you guys have in Cincy, which is pathetic, when he was 8-8 last year, and so far is how many games below .500??? Now I see why the Dillonator, TKO, and Pickerns wanted to leave soo bad.

secondly: Didnt Dillon get in a car accident on his way to the Seattle game?

You must be offended by my opinion now also.. Why start bringing up the fact that this team (which went 2-14 before Marvin) is not a championship team.. No **** sherlock!!! Who ever claimed they were? Not me.. I think I made a valid point that Marvin is making this franchise better and I think Dillon being gone is a huge part of that improvement. We are actually 500 now, so do your research before you post. And if you mean Marvin's overall record with the Bengals, it is 500 as well.. 8-8 last year and 6-6 so far this year.. We wont count preseason since you guys never do (ie. Us whupping your ass at PBS)

Yes.. Dillon was in a MINOR fender bender.. Nothing serious at all as he did make it to the stadium before the game... That is not why he didnt start. He didnt start because of his injury against the Squeelers... in game 2 I think... But he DID leave.. And we showed we dont need him and have continued to show that... And to be honest, I am not too sure I believe he was actually in a car accident.. I was in the same area that he was claimed to have been in the accident for awhile before the game. No sign of any accident, let alone a bad one.

Rudi Johnson
267 attempts, 1105 yards, 4.1 average, 7 TD's.

Corey Dillon
254 attempts, 1221 yards, 4.8 average, 9 TD's.

Usually I feel that a guy doesn't change his stripes (ha, ha, I made a funny about the Bengals--NOT!) but I think I'll say wait-and-see on Corey. If he's trouble, he'll be gone. Right now he's a good soldier. Let him have his two yards. It'll pay off in the long run.

As for WEEI, I listen most of the day. I love the Big Show. I love it when Supe Bowl Smerlas is on, and DeOssie, and Felgar, and a lot of other guys. Doesn't mean I agree with them 100% of the time. Far from it. I'm irritated that there's barely any Pats talk this year (or last) compared to the 2002 season. They claim that they only talk about what callers want, but they set the agenda. They can easily maneuver the conversation the way they want it.

I don't mind Dale and Neumy, though Dale is a Bruins suck-up. He's so obvious it's laughable. I even like Ted Nation because he amuses me, though his politics...ugh. The only guys I really loathe are Callahan and Meter (sp). Meter is milking his Nomar hatred and is a little yes man for Callahan. Since I am as far from the Far Right as I can get, I despise Callahan's biased right-wing rants. I actually turn off the radio when he starts the political garbage. If he hates liberals so much, I guess he hates Social Security, unemployment insurance, FDIC, and other safeguards that would never be there without those dirty, rotten liberals. I guess interracial marriages were considered 'unnatural' back when the law against them was still on the books, and you know, gay marriages have happened here hundreds of times and guess what? The state is still standing! Amazing! So all that political crap he spews makes me sick. Replace him with Mike Adams and I'll be a happy listener. :)

BradyGirl said:
Usually I feel that a guy doesn't change his stripes (ha, ha, I made a funny about the Bengals--NOT!) but I think I'll say wait-and-see on Corey. If he's trouble, he'll be gone. Right now he's a good soldier. Let him have his two yards. It'll pay off in the long run.

As for WEEI, I listen most of the day. I love the Big Show. I love it when Supe Bowl Smerlas is on, and DeOssie, and Felgar, and a lot of other guys. Doesn't mean I agree with them 100% of the time. Far from it. I'm irritated that there's barely any Pats talk this year (or last) compared to the 2002 season. They claim that they only talk about what callers want, but they set the agenda. They can easily maneuver the conversation the way they want it.

I don't mind Dale and Neumy, though Dale is a Bruins suck-up. He's so obvious it's laughable. I even like Ted Nation because he amuses me, though his politics...ugh. The only guys I really loathe are Callahan and Meter (sp). Meter is milking his Nomar hatred and is a little yes man for Callahan. Since I am as far from the Far Right as I can get, I despise Callahan's biased right-wing rants. I actually turn off the radio when he starts the political garbage. If he hates liberals so much, I guess he hates Social Security, unemployment insurance, FDIC, and other safeguards that would never be there without those dirty, rotten liberals. I guess interracial marriages were considered 'unnatural' back when the law against them was still on the books, and you know, gay marriages have happened here hundreds of times and guess what? The state is still standing! Amazing! So all that political crap he spews makes me sick. Replace him with Mike Adams and I'll be a happy listener. :)

I agree with alot of what you say. However, I'm not a Smerlas fan. If the dictionary had a picture for "dumb jock", he'd be prominently on display. I'd like to see Steve Nelson back on in place of Smerlas.

I can't stand D&C. Callahan's Angry White Guy routine has jumped the shark. It's not just his political rants. He's angry about everything. A few weeks ago, 'EEI had Holley and Smith on in place of D&C. The show was fantastic.

I don't mind Dale as much as Nuemy. His schtick just drives me up a wall.

There are times I'm thankful they don't stream anymore (except for Patriot's Monday). But if they started it up again, I'd probably listen anyways.

bideau said:
I'm not a Smerlas fan. If the dictionary had a picture for "dumb jock", he'd be prominently on display. I'd like to see Steve Nelson back on in place of Smerlas.

I can't stand D&C. Callahan's Angry White Guy routine has jumped the shark. It's not just his political rants. He's angry about everything. A few weeks ago, 'EEI had Holley and Smith on in place of D&C. The show was fantastic.

I don't mind Dale as much as Nuemy. His schtick just drives me up a wall.

There are times I'm thankful they don't stream anymore (except for Patriot's Monday). But if they started it up again, I'd probably listen anyways.

Dito smerlas,D&C,Neumy are all :jerkit: 's in my book

For the record, since a lot of people seem to be stuck on this Dillon thing (Especially some Bengals fans who salivate at the idea of Dillon going "bad.") This is what Belichick had to say on the matter of Dillon going back in.

I realize some of you will not believe it anyway, but offer it here as another side to the story.

"He came out before the half and we saw him at halftime, he wasn't ready to go back in," Belichick explained. "We got back out there, [and] the third quarter kind of started a little bit oddly, where we had the turnover, they had a three-and-out, then we had a turnover and then we had the ball for a while and Cedric [Cobbs] was in there and we kind of let him run. But while we were in that series, [trainer] Jim [Whalen] came to me and said Corey was ready to go back in. I told [offensive coordinator] Charlie [Weis], and said 'I don't want to put him back in now, we're in the middle of this series, let's wait until this series is over.' So we ended up scoring on that - when [Kevin Faulk scored on a 10-yard run] - and then we put [Dillon] in on the next series, he was in on that personnel group.

"We switched groups, and then we got the clipping penalty, so now it's second-and-[22]. So we had a bunch of different groups in there. We ended up scoring [David Patten's 44-yard catch] and at that point I said, 'That's it, there's no sense in putting him back in.'

"That's what happened, if anybody cares."

I like Smerlas because he is a dumb jock, or at least that's his persona on the radio. I don't think Smerlas is as much of an oaf as he portrays himself to be on the Big Show. I believe it's part of his act and it's what makes him an original personality on a radio station that has a lot of the same (Buckley, Maz, McAdam, LJ, just to name a few).

I'll agree with most of you in that my favorite show is the Big Show. I think the format of changing guest hosts everyday is what makes that show tick. I'm also a firm believer that Ordway actually does know his stuff about sports, unlike the guys that preceed him from 6 am to 2 pm.

I think a lot of Fred's act is just that: an act, but I also think as an All-Pro nose tackle, he knows his stuff. I hate his politics, too, but if I turned off everyone who's on the Right on that station, I wouldn't listen at all! :) So I take each guy on their personalities, and who says I have to like them every day? It's like the people you work with every day. Sometimes you really like 'em, and other days you can't stand 'em. I simply despise Callahan for his stridency and his mocking attitude. Not that the other shows don't mock! I like the fact that nothing's sacred, no one gets a free ride, they continually make fun of each other and have the tapes to back it up, ha. Too bad WEEI didn't fire Denis and Callahan after they stepped in it big time about the Metco thing, though Denis is tolerable. Callahan could be gone the next morning and I wouldn't miss him a bit. I liked the other guys they had on the other morning, too, Holley and Smith. They need fresh voices on that morning show!

Back