Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

Learned first hand last night -->
Rule 3. Do whatever it takes to win.
a. Subjugate yourself for the good of the team. Do it willingly.

"wow, I guess there really is something to rule 3"

FF-5QgOWYAEbSzS

"I'm not here to kiss Belichick's rings" but there's a lot more from McDermott in that message that I think he'd like to have back in about 5 minutes. Too late, the cat is out of the bag.

1) Poor McDermott is too oblivious to even realize that BB took his lunch money then came back again for his dinner money in the RZ. 3 times!!

2) McDermott's standing as a coach & leader took a big hit in my mind when he didn't immediately take all the responsibility for that loss on himself. Sloppy football? With specific examples!? Calling out players? No.

You're doing it all wrong, Sean.
Pergula is too smart a personnel man not to notice those remarks are the remarks of losers.

^ Truth. Solid post, Tommy. Always looking to the future by deceiving your foe in the present. Winning battles before they happen. Right out of Sun Tzu.

For a team that should be built to play in crummy weather conditions the Bills don't have the strength to do it.
The Patriots won the game in the trenches by pushing the Bills around. Old school.
The Bills have to get stronger up front before they can compete consistently. BB wasn't worried even when it got close. He knew their chances of scoring in the RZ in that wind against the D that he built were not good.

BB knows exactly what his team is and last night the confidence he showed in this team showed us how good he thinks this team really is.
Against any team, anywhere, in any conditions.
He has plans for this team. ; )

I agree wholeheartedly with your last 4 sentences, BSF.

There's no way they should have won the game. The Pats outplayed them, out-muscled them and outcoached them in their house. The Bills got 2 huge personal foul penalties as gifts from the refs to help their cause. The first was bogus af since Allen was still in bounds. This Patriots team is built better and is better than these Bills. Anytime, anywhere.
=============================

We may look back at this game in 2 years as the pivotal game that destroyed the Bills psyche and SB aspirations; the game that was the beginning of the end for them.
I believe that's true right now.

I think it started even before the game.

Exhibit A:

:rofl: should I feel bad for laughing?

Learned first hand last night -->
Rule 3. Do whatever it takes to win.
a. Subjugate yourself for the good of the team. Do it willingly.

"wow, I guess there really is something to rule 3"

FF-5QgOWYAEbSzS

"I'm not here to kiss Belichick's rings" but there's a lot more from McDermott in that message that I think he'd like to have back in about 5 minutes. Too late, the cat is out of the bag.

1) Poor McDermott is too oblivious to even realize that BB took his lunch money then came back again for his dinner money in the RZ. 3 times!!

2) McDermott's standing as a coach & leader took a big hit in my mind when he didn't immediately take all the responsibility for that loss on himself. Sloppy football? With specific examples!? Calling out players? No.

You're doing it all wrong, Sean.
Pergula is too smart a personnel man not to notice those remarks are the remarks of losers.

^ Truth. Solid post, Tommy. Always looking to the future by deceiving your foe in the present. Winning battles before they happen. Right out of Sun Tzu.

For a team that should be built to play in crummy weather conditions the Bills don't have the strength to do it.
The Patriots won the game in the trenches by pushing the Bills around. Old school.
The Bills have to get stronger up front before they can compete consistently. BB wasn't worried even when it got close. He knew their chances of scoring in the RZ in that wind against the D that he built were not good.

BB knows exactly what his team is and last night the confidence he showed in this team showed us how good he thinks this team really is.
Against any team, anywhere, in any conditions.
He has plans for this team. ; )

I agree wholeheartedly with your last 4 sentences, BSF.

There's no way they should have won the game. The Pats outplayed them, out-muscled them and outcoached them in their house. The Bills got 2 huge personal foul penalties as gifts from the refs to help their cause. The first was bogus af since Allen was still in bounds. This Patriots team is built better and is better than these Bills. Anytime, anywhere.
=============================

We may look back at this game in 2 years as the pivotal game that destroyed the Bills psyche and SB aspirations; the game that was the beginning of the end for them.
I believe that's true right now.
What I meant by the Bills should have won was, they are playing in their home stadium...they should have had a much better offensive plan via Daboll (BB experienced)...I'm not saying that the Bills are the better team, just that many of the ex Pats know how to usually play against BB.

That said, I'm very pleased with the win!

He spun a bearing...
The Bills are a good team, their defense completely failed them. And if Harry just lets that Punt bounce instead of chasing after it. The Bills more than likely wouldn't have scored and the final score would be more like 14-3. Harry botching that all up really gave the Bills 7 points.

Just a classic BB game plan.
Even through it was clear that the plan was to run it down their throats all night, they couldn't stop it. Patriots are the tougher, stronger and more physical team.

Loving some of the comments on other boards about it, like for instance the big takeaway here is that the Pats don't trust Jones. What a crock!

Even through it was clear that the plan was to run it down their throats all night, they couldn't stop it. Patriots are the tougher, stronger and more physical team.

Loving some of the comments on other boards about it, like for instance the big takeaway here is that the Pats don't trust Jones. What a crock!
Yeah the Pats don't trust Jones. No need to pass the ball when you're imposing your will on the defense through the run. People are dummies..lol

Another that I saw was "The Pats ypc was low though, they weren't very successful running the ball". 44 carries divided by 222 yards =5.0 ypc..

They still have to face the Bucs don't they? Yep, just checked they play them next week. That could be back to back losses for the Bills.
Back to back? They're in a free fall and could miss the playoffs as suggested.

Update: The Pats somehow have cheated and Goodell has a conference call at 10AM to field ideas from different owners how they could win with the QB throwing just 3 times.

Film at 11.

McDermott was on tilt all game. He wasn't thinking straight. Hell, even in the press conference he looked like he was fuming.
That little dwarf has himself a temper. He needs a slap to the jowels. Can't stand that guy.

Back to back? They're in a free fall and could miss the playoffs as suggested.
I still think the Bills are a solid team. And after next week, the Bills schedule gets a bit easier. Granted they play us one more time, but then they face the Panthers, Falcons and Jets. I could see them dropping one to the Bucs and to us the rest of those games they should win..

Update: The Pats somehow have cheated and Goodell has a conference call at 10AM to field ideas from different owners how they could win with the QB throwing just 3 times.

Film at 11.
It will be a new rule next week. That a QB has to throw a minimum of 20 passes in windy games.

Bills could end up 9-8 and out of the playoffs if they don't get their shit together.
I see them dropping maybe two more. I still say we split wins with them. But I am trying to be realistic tbh. I want the Pats to sweep them.

Back