Week 14 (no) Gamete Thread - Bye Week and Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite the comeback last night, eh? After losing Watt and Highsmith even.

It was there. Just inches.

Nobody fuckin tell me Big Ben isn't 1st ballot HOF.

Have a nice day,
He has his moments. That was a furious comeback for sure, and Ben looked like he woke up to do it. But it was a little too much to ask.

Have a nice day,
Minnesota sucks. It's what they do.

Have a nice day,
He took a beating in the first half. I was surprised that he got up after 1 of those hits.
He certainly has lost some foot quickness to evade rushers. But he can still sling it when he has time.

"The Rapist isn’t a first ballot HOF.

Pretty easy .
Neither is Bettis. Or Swann."

Go back to digging your dirt or whatever the fuck it is you do.
But have a nice day.

Have a nice day,
He's better than Eli Manning, that's for sure. Both have 2 Super Bowl wins, a handful of pro bowl appearances (4 for Eli, 6 for Ben), and franchise records at the QB position. No records for QBs overall, and his stats from a historical perspective are decent but not overwhelmingly impressive in an era where everyone has stats and the rules so heavily favor a passing offense.

Will he be a first ballot HOFer? Probably. It's not up to me, but I feel like they're going to put in every QB who plays for a franchise for more than a decade. Roethlisberger, Rivers, Eli Manning, Stafford, Matt Ryan, all the scrubs who have longevity and played QB will get in. Should he be a first ballot HOFer? Still Probably, in my book. 2 Super Bowl wins matter a lot, combined with being top 6-7 amongst his generation, he should be in if Eli is in, and I'd argue For Eli and Against Rivers any day. No QB who has been to 3 Super Bowls has failed to make it in, and the only one who has been to 2 who failed to make it in is Jim Plunkett, whose stats are just horrible, whether adjusted for the generation or not. From a character perspective I have a massive issue with Big Ben obviously, but the HOF is not supposed to care if the people going in are murderers or rapists so he should be fine.

From a character perspective... you must have tuned out a decade + ago . shrug.

I could even make a claim that TFB's character is worse,,, but what's the point.

Last edited:
I did not see this part of the game, crazy.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vMqzzxhxAY

Claypool gets a vital 1st down with the Steelers down 8, and 38 seconds left on the clock in the 4th quarter, and needs to sit there and pose and celebrate instead of getting the ball snapped and stopping the clock. Manages to burn an extra 14 seconds (over 1/3 of the time remaining) as a result. Then yells at his teammate who had his priorities straight because how dare he call him out and prioritize the clock over Claypool getting his chance to celebrate on camera. Just unreal.

I did not see this part of the game, crazy.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vMqzzxhxAY

Claypool gets a vital 1st down with the Steelers down 8, and 38 seconds left on the clock in the 4th quarter, and needs to sit there and pose and celebrate instead of getting the ball snapped and stopping the clock. Manages to burn an extra 14 seconds (over 1/3 of the time remaining) as a result. Then yells at his teammate who had his priorities straight because how dare he call him out and prioritize the clock over Claypool getting his chance to celebrate on camera. Just unreal.

aaaaannnnnnddddd this is why i don't mind bb's wr selections as much as some do. pitt drafts productive ones, but a lot are team last aholes.

One thing's for sure, Brady will show BB what works and what doesn't against their pass D.
Haha yes that is true! I think either team is going to have to score 35+ to win, should be a shootout, unless......Arians plays it smart and tries to control the clock with their run game, but I don't think he's smart so looking for a shootout. I mean knowing the Bills have trouble with the run in general, and they just faced 2+ games worth of rush attempts in one game, short week of rest, shouldn't you try to continue to beat them up?

From a character perspective... you must have tuned out a decade + ago . shrug.

I could even make a claim that TFB's character is worse,,, but what's the point.
I don't think you honestly believe that anything TFB has done or has been accused of doing is worse than raping someone. If you do believe that, it's pretty sad, and I certainly wouldn't recommend advertising that belief. Just my 2 cents.

Look accusations,,,
TFB sired a kid out of wedlock. Decided to marry a rich bitch, Did his best on the feild in his early days to complain he got roughed up. meh.
Walked away when he lost. pouted.

Define character.

I remember a story where he sued a homeless man for digging through his trash...

He is the GOAT for sure... but I have always likened him to Dorian Gray

Last edited:
Look accusations,,,
TFB sired a kid out of wedlock. Decided to marry a rich bitch, Did his best on the feild in his early days to complain he got roughed up. meh.

Define character.
Out of wedlock? As if that's never happened before or it compares to rape that the Rooneys helped cover up?

What sort of evidence was there against Ben on the old sexual assault charge? I never cared enough to really look into it, but it seems like everyone except Steelers fans take it as gospel...

TFB sired a kid out of wedlock.
What is this the 1950s? No offense but that's really weak and quite possibly an accident, but he's owned up to it. If he had nothing to do with him that would be different but that's not the case. I'll help you out though, endorsing that snake oil concussion water, irresponsible and dangerous. That was a choice, no accident there. And in regards to Ben, one allegation fine, but two looks like a pattern and settling out of court isn't the greatest of looks.

What sort of evidence was there against Ben on the old sexual assault charge? I never cared enough to really look into it, but it seems like everyone except Steelers fans take it as gospel...
To be clear, I'm saying I didn't care about the story. I'm not indifferent to accusations about sexual assault, that would be terrible.

Well, unless the girl was just, like, totally asking for it. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back