Week 14 (no) Gamete Thread - Bye Week and Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots44

call me... P Quatro, Quatro
Reaction score
So, anyone have plans? Will catch the Bills v. Bucs game. Curious (hopeful) raiders can give chef's a hard time as they have had some success against them at times. Basically anything that strengthens Pats hold on #1 spot in AFC

MNF - Rams v Cards should be a good one (but hope Cards slap rams all over the field)

No plan other than to go to the cabin and shovel all the new fallen snow, 3-4 feet from what I hear. Might watch a game when I return on Sunday, what time do the Bucs and Bills play?

No plan other than to go to the cabin and shovel all the new fallen snow, 3-4 feet from what I hear. Might watch a game when I return on Sunday, what time do the Bucs and Bills play?
4:25 EST according to NFL.com that must be the "game of the week" or whatever they call it. looks like best late day matchup

I'll be watching that game to see if McDermott has another conniption... Cuz they're going to get raw dogged, again
Ya think? I think this is a tossup...unless the Bills spin out, which isn't impossible.

Brady lives in the collective consciousness of the entire Bills organization so I think they will try to do too much and pay the price

Any inkling on the Damien Harris hammy? He was standing in the locker room after the game and didn't too concerned, but I hope the err on the side of caution. The Bye obviously came super later, but it's well timed.

Bills fans are already assuming this week is a loss, all of their talk about if they can still win the division is under the basic premise that they lose this week and win next week. That's because they feel they have no hope of winning this week, and no hope of making the playoffs if they lose both this week and next week, basically.

From a "What most helps the Patriots Playoff Prospects Perspective", I'm looking at the following:

Cowboys over WFT (Reason: Cowboys are on the Patriots schedule, WFT is not, helps Patriots SOS)
Jaguars over Titans (Reason: Titans are competing for the 1 seed, them losing games is good)
Texans over Seahawks (Reason: Texans are on Patriots schedule, Seahawks are not, helps Patriots SOS)
Raiders over Chiefs (Reason: Chiefs are competing for the 1 seed, them losing games is good)
Jets over Saints (Reason: The Jets are not a threat, and they're on the Pats schedule twice vs the Saints being on there once. Not 100% sure that matters to SOS but that was my thinking)
Browns over Ravens (Reason: Ravens are competing for the 1 seed, them losing games is good)
Chargers over Giants (Reason: We have a tiebreaker with the Chargers, want them to win their division, and they're on our schedule so helpful to our SOS)
49ers over Bengals (Reason: Bengals are competing for the 1 seed, technically. Them losing games is good)
Bucs over Bills (Reason: Helps secure the division)

Vikings / Steelers, Falcons / Panthers, Lions / Broncos, Bears / Packers, and Rams / Cardinals don't really matter at all as far as Playoff Prospects. The ones which matter more are bolded. Let me know if I'm missing anything or if I am inaccurate in any way.

I'll watch NFL Redzone and hope for a few good games or so. Last Sunday the 1PM games were pretty much stinkers, but both later games were great. I hope there's better games this week, but I'll settle with Ratbirds, Titans and Chiefs loss.

Hey Mod's.... suggest we rename this to:

Week 14 (no) Gamete Thread - Other Games​

since we seem to be talking about the other games. the other threads cover pats centric topics and I started this as a bit of a gag anyway :coffee:

Any inkling on the Damien Harris hammy? He was standing in the locker room after the game and didn't too concerned, but I hope the err on the side of caution. The Bye obviously came super later, but it's well timed.
I wouldn't say that Damien Harris is hammy...

I'll be watching that game to see if McDermott has another conniption... Cuz they're going to get raw dogged, again
Raw dogged...you have a way with words.

logocorrect.png

Last edited:
Steelers vs the Vikes tonight. Two teams with their backs to the wall. Should be worth watching the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back