Week 14 other games

You're kidding, right?

Brady
Peyton
Roethlisberger
Rodgers
Warner
and there may be some other(s) that I'm not thinking of at this moment.

Hell, even Eli managed to show up big time in the playoffs, twice. Outside of Mahomes, where are the players at, or even near, that level today?

Mahomes is on par w/ most of those QB's, and has 2 titles already. Allen is kind of close to Big Ben - very similar styles and quality of play. Burrow has a ton of potential, but has had a couple of tough injuries thus far in his career. Other guys look like they have potential to be really good - Jackson, Lawrence, Tua, Hurts, Purdy.

You're comparing complete careers against guys who are mostly still in their 20's. Like I said - I just don't see a huge dropoff in the quality of QB play. People forget that just about all of the QB's you listed had terrible stretches, too. Now when most of them are retired, it's easy to look back at just their great moments.

Mahomes is on par w/ most of those QB's, and has 2 titles already. Allen is kind of close to Big Ben - very similar styles and quality of play. Burrow has a ton of potential, but has had a couple of tough injuries thus far in his career. Other guys look like they have potential to be really good - Jackson, Lawrence, Tua, Hurts, Purdy.

Mahomes is the one that everyone already acknowledges, and I mentioned him specifically, so I'm not sure why you're putting him here. Allen is a chucklehead, just like Roethlisberger. But Roethlisberger got to the AFC championship as a rookie, and was a SB winning QB in his second season. And, still, nobody who's not on a cocaine binge tries to argue that he wasn't the #3 in the three-way battle for AFC QB supremacy. Burrow has already missed huge chunks of two seasons, and is 27 years old. Brady had 3 titles at 27, and Peyton had an MVP title, while having been top 5 or better in the MVP voting 3 times, and would then go on to win his second consecutive MVP title at age 28.

The "last era" features multiple QBs that are argued as top 10 guys. The current era has Mahomes and a bunch of wannabes. They have time to develop, but to say that there's not a big drop is just insane.

You're comparing complete careers against guys who are mostly still in their 20's.

Until we develop the ability to time travel so that we can know what the players of today will become tomorrow., we can only go by what we have.

Like I said - I just don't see a huge dropoff in the quality of QB play. People forget that just about all of the QB's you listed had terrible stretches, too. Now when most of them are retired, it's easy to look back at just their great moments.

Brady never had a terrible stretch. Manning had problems winning in the playoffs, but he Elwayed it in the end, after having earlier won one in 2006, and he never had a terrible stretch unless you're talking about losing to Brady. Roethlisberger had a late career decline, but didn't have any real "terrible stretch". Rodgers had to ride the pine behind another all-timer (Favre), but he then won the SB in his 3rd year as a starter, and has never had a "terrible stretch". Warner hurt his hand and was never the same, but he still made it back to the SB in 2009, at age 37. So the only one I mentioned that's had any kind of a "terrible stretch" was Brees, and he was a late NFL bloomer who had to overcome a major shoulder problem before hitting his prime.

So, again I'll ask: You're kidding, right?

How good were the QBs in the Brady era?

There's a guy whose entire career was played in Brady's shadow and whose career numbers have him checking in at around 7th place ALL-TIME in most major passing statistics. Similar to but slightly better than the numbers put up by Marino and Elway.

Another QB from the AFC, and he hasn't even been mentioned in this thread.

Philip Rivers.

What a corrupt "down by contact call" in the Packers game. Refs all over the place within feet and not even close.

Hill just got hurt and probably won't be back tonight. But he didn't break his arm like I want.
it’s a start
been watching jints v pack but flipped over to,phins v tits briefly and thought i heard them say phins had several players go to medical tent

Your QB is a massive problem though. Sure he has some insane throws and plays like nothing else matters. Thats all good, but he is going to end up in a wheel chair soon enough and his gunslinger mentality will not serve him well in the playoffs. There is a reason that Favre only won 1 title. He just didn't protect the ball enough when it mattered.
Yeah we've been hearing that for 7 years. He's dialed it WAY back. He competes to win. I wish more of our team did that. Watching the Fins game and seeing D hop making catches that Diggs would drop, every time

Yeah we've been hearing that for 7 years. He's dialed it WAY back. He competes to win. I wish more of our team did that. Watching the Fins game and seeing D hop making catches that Diggs would drop, every time

giphy.gif

Mahomes hasn't been himself this year whether it's bc of his receivers or his own play. Maybe the offense misses Bienemy, IDK.
Toney was clearly offsides and he never asked the line judge if he was lined up ok. Mahomes' crying was misdirected. His anger should be at Toney.
I expect a healthy fine handed to Andy Reid for his comments after the game about the refs.
More evidence the Chiefs' window is all but closed.

The Eagles made one mistake after another and Dak took advantage. Dak has been playing the way Jerruh hoped he would and now the Cowboys are
right up there with the 49ers as contenders for the NFC.

Meanwhile the Ravens lead the AFC although that looks pretty shaky to me but then so does the rest of the AFC. Interesting to note the top 3 AFC teams
are the teams with healthy starting QBs, Lamar, Tua and Mahomes. Sorry, Bills, Josh has been healthy but you're on the outside, another window closed.
The AFC Wildcard rankings should be changing every week now. The Bills, Bengals, Broncos and Texans are in the running to catch the Browns, Steelers and Colts for a playoff berth.
It promises to be a wild ride the rest of the way.
Who was that Chiefs fan that got banned here a few years ago??
Gosh, I hope he didn't hurt himself or something....

Back