Week 16 - Bills @ Pats Saturday 12/21 4:30PM

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
May as well get this started early since the game is a day early.

In the smaller picture, the game has minimal impact on the division title. The Pats can lose to Buffalo and still take the division with a win against Miami in Week 17.

In the bigger picture, the game will likely mean the difference between the #2 seed (and bye) and the #3 seed.

Buffalo is legitimate on defense. They have a defense that can win a game on the road. I'm having a tough time seeing a scenario that the Pats can score more than 10-14 without help from the defense and special teams.

On offense, shut down Singletary, lock down Beasely and I don't see much there.

This will likely be a 13-10 type of game with turnovers being the deciding factor. I like our chances in that category.

Weather is looking cold and dry, not a factor at all.

Well, a Pats-Bills game that counts in December? Didn't see that coming! Two top tier defenses. For the first time in decades, Brady isn't my first fear, the Pats running game is. White is a first class RB and the Bills are better vs the run, but I think they can be exploited. I see BB dialing up a lot of play action and misdirection to take advantage of Buffalo's aggressive defense. I have a feeling the Bills D is going to be very aggressive and get caught over-pursuing.

The Bills are going to have to establish the run and minimize the Turn-overs, which the Pats took great advantage of yesterday. And then the X-Factor is this in New England, but, the Bills are playing better on the road than they are at home.

Hopefully, this will be a great game, no matter whos wins! Sucks, I have to work and will be driving back from being out of market, so I'll be listening on SiriusXM. I hate Saturday games

The Bills are no pushover. Having a solid year and certainly will be a tough game.

BTW, since we have a game that counts, there are 2 forums for the Bills since they took the original BBMB down. The one I hang out on is not as active as Bills Zone, but it's wide open, uncensored and where the most Bills-mafia'd of Bills Mafia hangs out, so if you want to get an little online back and forth going, I invite you to http://www.buffalorange.com.

Just know going in, it's the wild west of message boards where just about anything goes and the site owner is a closeted BB/Brady/Pats fan

BTW, since we have a game that counts, there are 2 forums for the Bills since they took the original BBMB down. The one I hang out on is not as active as Bills Zone, but it's wide open, uncensored and where the most Bills-mafia'd of Bills Mafia hangs out, so if you want to get an little online back and forth going, I invite you to http://www.buffalorange.com.

Just know going in, it's the wild west of message boards where just about anything goes and the site owner is a closeted BB/Brady/Pats fan

As you know, I've been an occasionally visiting full blown member there for 17 years. It's an excellent venue, imo.

Cheers

May as well get this started early since the game is a day early.

In the smaller picture, the game has minimal impact on the division title. The Pats can lose to Buffalo and still take the division with a win against Miami in Week 17.

In the bigger picture, the game will likely mean the difference between the #2 seed (and bye) and the #3 seed.

Buffalo is legitimate on defense. They have a defense that can win a game on the road. I'm having a tough time seeing a scenario that the Pats can score more than 10-14 without help from the defense and special teams.

On offense, shut down Singletary, lock down Beasely and I don't see much there.

This will likely be a 13-10 type of game with turnovers being the deciding factor. I like our chances in that category.

Weather is looking cold and dry, not a factor at all.

John Brown is no slouch.

His development is slow, but he's getting there. I still feel optimistic, but he has the heart and drive to win at all costs, which is an intangible
only Divisional opponent I can stomach is the Bills - f the jets and Fins. And the fans in Buffalo never are total dickheads like Miami and Jersey. Sure you get a few but I would be pissed off if 20,000 pats fans showed up to my stadium to!

And this guy Allen is getting there, I think he was a smart choice.

The Bills should have beat the Ravens...why didn't they?
because they hate us!!! I really wish they did, I had faith in them.

No offense to HipKat but fuck the Bills, I've visited 2Billsdrive enough times to see that they are no different than any other fan base. They believe every single BS story about cheating and all that dumb shit. We are on an island as Pats fans and I have zero problem with it. Now for one of the dumbest takes ever.

davefan66
What needs to happen is the same blitzing and pass rush we had last night. MUST have a stellar game by our defensive backfield and linebackers if we do that. Can’t give up the big play via pass or run. When Brady is hit and rushed this season, he is not accurate and makes poor decisions. Need to get after him.

Problem is they have a good defense, not as good as Pitt, but enough to cause us problems. Need to connect on a few long passes to open up the run and slants to rescue Josh.

What I’d love to see is screen passes like we used to get to Thurman. Get Singletary in open space and let him juke and jive (and hold on the ball).

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/221444-bills-will-light-up-ne-on-sat/

I think the Pats are going to have a hard time with Singletary. He's legit, a bowling ball with some speed.

First time in a long time a division game in week 16 that actually means something.

The Bills should have beat the Ravens...why didn't they?

Our offense sucks! Daboll is crap and needs to be fired 36 seconds after the season ends

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

No offense to HipKat but fuck the Bills, I've visited 2Billsdrive enough times to see that they are no different than any other fan base. They believe every single BS story about cheating and all that dumb shit. We are on an island as Pats fans and I have zero problem with it. Now for one of the dumbest takes ever.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/221444-bills-will-light-up-ne-on-sat/

No offense taken! There wouldn't be table smashing and Bills mafia if we were always nice

lol. Yeah steelers are way better than Pats on defense....my God do people watch football? If you rush Fill in the blank QB they are not as good. Well shit, there is the secret. The bad part is, the Bills Qb is not that great even if you don't rush him.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

...and if Josh Allen learns to be more careful with the ball, you'll be even better next year.

:toast:

His consistency is well...not good. Its not even careful with the ball, he is not accurate.

lol. Yeah steelers are way better than Pats on defense....my God do people watch football? If you rush Fill in the blank QB they are not as good. Well shit, there is the secret. The bad part is, the Bills Qb is not that great even if you don't rush him.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

His consistency is well...not good. Its not even careful with the ball, he is not accurate.
Steeler's were using a 3rd string QB and they act like he's Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady, he threw more lame ducks than accurate passes. Maybe that's why they call him Duck Hodges. lol

Part of it are the all those stupid long ball plays. Allen's MUCH more accurate with shorter move-the-chains passes. If they'd call these plays more often like did during Brady's dink-and-dunk years, they would be much better. Worked very well for us. Wait until next year - I think he'll be a lot better.

Maybe he'll regress his second year, IDK, but that happens sometimes. Remember 2002?

I distinctly remember the first Pats/Bills this year. It was pretty early in the season. Not Once during that game, did I feel the Patriots would, or could ever lose. it ended 16-10, and the Bills competed well. The Patriots had that genuine 'we're going to win' attitude, while the Bills had that 'I think we can win, I'm not sure, but I'll try my very best' attitude.

Now, months later? The Bills are for real. Good coach, good young quarterback, and a fine defense. I like their moxie. I think they'll win a playoff game this year. Whether they win or lose Saturday (I'm going to the game Saturday, and I hope the Patriots break the Bill's spirit-I'm not sure it's possible), it'll probably be an emotional game.

I've always, for some reason, compared Patriot's fans and Bill's fans as very similar. Working class. Persistent.

I'll expect another football 'rock fight'. I don't think either team will leave unscathed, injury-wise. I'd like the Patriots to win, so they can genuinely rest some players, during the last regular season game, if that opportunity avails itself. But I know, what I want doesn't always happen.

2 cold-weather teams, with strong defenses. Two quarterbacks, one a legend, who is now a cog in the wheel, no longer the strong point of the team, but still with some winning plays ahead (one hopes). it could be his last win in a Patriots, or an NFL, uniform. Or the first of a final 5 wins.

The other quarterback, a young stud (no Mahomes, but he doesn't need to be). He's been hearing about the legend his Whole Life. He's a cog in his team's wheel, but he may try to prove he's as good as the legend. He may throw one more ill-advised pass than the legend (Brady). A difference-maker. The now-revived Patriot's defense may be close to impenetrable, save a play or two. They're human. But the best humanly possible, at home in the cold, in late December.

Cue up John Facenda, circa 1974, (oh hell, let's make it 1969), strangely for this 2019 Patriots-Bills game: This was the play that would determine the game, the winner. Allen dropped back and surveyed the field. But the Patriots blitzed, and safety Patrick Chung bored in, hemming in the rookie, who made a rookie pass to the end zone...into the waiting hands of Patriot Jason McCourty. The Bills had fallen 4 yards short of up-ending their experienced division rival. Once again, the Patriots had proven unbeatable in the end.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Or forgot something.

The Real John Facenda, 1967 (a treat for all football fans)
NFL Films: They Call It Pro Football https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-OWZ0SayPA&frags=pl,wn

Ha! Gail Sayers: "Give me 18 inches of daylight. That's all I need".

I wish John Facenda could narrate Saturday's Bills-Patriots game, is all I'm saying'.

Part of it are the all those stupid long ball plays. Allen's MUCH more accurate with shorter move-the-chains passes. If they'd call these plays more often like did during Brady's dink-and-dunk years, they would be much better. Worked very well for us. Wait until next year - I think he'll be a lot better.

Maybe he'll regress his second year, IDK, but that happens sometimes. Remember 2002?

He has no problem throwing short passes inaccurate too. Its amazing you are defending him so hard. If Brady had his stats this year, I think you would have had him killed by a hitman.

Back