Week 17 Patriots vs Bills

And it almost bit them in the ass as well. It's a double edged sword. I have seen enough that they need to sit everyone that matters for next year next week. Zappe included because he is the backup. Winning next week, means nothing at this point.

I think you've established you're rooting for losses. I say let the others enjoy the game without needing to mention every other post that it influences draft position.

Thanks in advance.

I think you've established you're rooting for losses. I say let the others enjoy the game without needing to mention every other post that it influences draft position.

Thanks in advance.
Why because I enjoy it in a different way? That doesn't seem fair or correct. I am not rooting against the franchise because I want to see them fail. I want to see them back in the playoffs and beyond next season. For every cheer for a good play, the best outcome is the opposite.

Parity at its best, and decent but not great teams scratch and claw for wins when they should lose such as the Pats right now. Imagine this defense with Judon and Gonzo, then add say, MHJ or a top QB and WR in the draft and then fill out the rest in FA?

I keep telling people this is an AFCCG type defense, and you add in an average offense at worst and thats all on the table NEXT year. Thats why I have been banging the drum so damn hard. It isn't about this season, when they were 2-6 it wasn't about this season. Its about next season.

If BB gets fired, in all likelihood we can wave goodbye to the clutch defenses we've had over the years. Great individual players are obviously important. But coaching them up during the week and putting them in the right place on Sunday is just as important. I hope the people that are so eager to get rid of BB finally realize that next year, when our defense is average at best.

I do want to give Crappy Zappe a little credit, battling back from a brutal first half. It almost looks like a professional offense now - albeit not a good one.

I think we know what Zappe is, and he's not a long-term answer, and nor would he make an acceptable 'bridge' QB. I think he's the guy who can keep your team in it, if your starter turns his ankle and has to sit a couple weeks.

If BB gets fired, in all likelihood we can wave goodbye to the clutch defenses we've had over the years. Great individual players are obviously important. But coaching them up during the week and putting them in the right place on Sunday is just as important. I hope the people that are so eager to get rid of BB finally realize that next year, when our defense is average at best.
yup. look at all the talent they have hurt right now. yet this defense is amazing. with 0 to play for.

I do want to give Crappy Zappe a little credit, battling back from a brutal first half. It almost looks like a professional offense now - albeit not a good one.

I think we know what Zappe is, and he's not a long-term answer, and nor would he make an acceptable 'bridge' QB. I think he's the guy who can keep your team in it, if your starter turns his ankle and has to sit a couple weeks.
just shows how important poise and calm are to a qb's success. he's a backup skills wise but those 2 things make him a good backup.

Depends on who we hire as DC. I assume Stevie will follow Bill out.

just shows how important poise and calm are to a qb's success. he's a backup skills wise but those 2 things make him a good backup.
I agree. I like him the locker room for next year and beyond because the new guy, hopefully a young guy can learn from him and how to carry yourself. Zappe isn't out there throwing his arms up or have the poor body language that Mac does.

I just wish I saw something more from him because it doesn't just look like he has that extra level to his play to be the starter.

As hard as the D is playing I don't think Bill goes anywhere and I am now not sure I want him going anywhere. Changes need to happen but can the next guy get the D to play as well? I dunno.

I've always been on BB's side. I want him to stay. He's still the goat HC to me. BUT Krafty is going to have to open his bank account so BB can wheel and deal for FAs this offseason. Those signing bonuses are real. I've had it in the back of mind that Kraft might say bye to BB JUST SO HE DOESN"T have to shell out the big bucks this year. Kraft can tell the new GM to pull it off without ponying up much easier than he can tell BB to fuck off again. If BB does choose to leave, lack of cash money will be a big reason. I've heard it from inside from too many not to believe it. Let's see how it plays out.

I agree. I like him the locker room for next year and beyond because the new guy, hopefully a young guy can learn from him and how to carry yourself. Zappe isn't out there throwing his arms up or have the poor body language that Mac does.

I just wish I saw something more from him because it doesn't just look like he has that extra level to his play to be the starter.
I think a LOT of people feel this way. Some to the point where they're deluding themselves into seeing things that aren't there. Sort of like folks like myself were guilty of with Mac Jones.

I've always been on BB's side. I want him to stay. He's still the goat HC to me. BUT Krafty is going to have to open his bank account so BB can wheel and deal for FAs this offseason. Those signing bonuses are real. I've had it in the back of mind that Kraft might say bye to BB JUST SO HE DOESN"T have to shell out the big bucks this year. Kraft can tell the new GM to pull it off without ponying up much easier than he can tell BB to fuck off again. If BB does choose to leave, lack of cash money will be a big reason. I've heard it from inside from too many not to believe it. Let's see how it plays out.
I hate hearing that, but I've heard it too many times. RKK was spoiled here for too long. He simply can't expect we will just find a duo like Brady-BB again on the cheap. He's rich enough not to be so goddamned tight with the cash.

I hate hearing that, but I've heard it too many times. RKK was spoiled here for too long. He simply can't expect we will just find a duo like Brady-BB again on the cheap. He's rich enough not to be so goddamned tight with the cash.
He's certainly rich enough now, yes. I do wonder if some of his mentality comes from not being the richest when he bought the team originally. I do hope that Jonathan is more of a realist in that respect, but that's no guarantee either.

I think a LOT of people feel this way. Some to the point where they're deluding themselves into seeing things that aren't there. Sort of like folks like myself were guilty of with Mac Jones.
I don't blame you on Jones. I was, I would say, way ahead of the game on that one but most weren't and I can understand that. The thing is, you can't do it again with Zappe, or whatever young QB they bring in. You need to look at it critically and go from there so you don't make the same mistake. I personally have never been a "he is our QB1" just because he is out there. You have to prove it to me as TB did over time.

It's too bad Zappe isn't 4 inches taller so he could actually see over the redwoods charging at him. Sometimes the poor guy disappears among the trees.

I don't blame you on Jones. I was, I would say, way ahead of the game on that one but most weren't and I can understand that. The thing is, you can't do it again with Zappe, or whatever young QB they bring in. You need to look at it critically and go from there so you don't make the same mistake. I personally have never been a "he is our QB1" just because he is out there. You have to prove it to me as TB did over time.
My issue is I saw a lot of ceiling with Jones, and gave him too much time to show it, and bought into the 'Patricia Sucks' narrative, even though the same offense was better with Zappe (like it is this year).

Turns out, Mac Jones was better in the Shanahan offense with Patricia than he was in O'Briens. :coffee:

It's too bad Zappe isn't 4 inches taller so he could actually see over the redwoods charging at him. Sometimes the poor guy disappears among the trees.
Yup, that and his lack of arm strength seems to be his big detriments. Upstairs, he seems to have everything straight.

Depends on who we hire as DC. I assume Stevie will follow Bill out.
Yeah, that's my guess too. Hopefully Mayo succeeds BB and the D doesn't fall off too much. But to be honest, I don't want to see BB go. Between Mac's incompetence and all the injuries and coaching turnover, I think BB has some valid excuses.

Last edited:
There's a lot of shit talked about how BB is crap when it comes to putting offenses together. It's now become an accepted thing.

Yes, there have clearly been duds he oversaw. But for every N'Keal Harry, Dobson etc there's a coach who went out and brought Randy Moss here when many thought he was in decline, took a huge chance on Edelman as a project player that no other coach would have done, took a chance on Gronk when every other team said no way because of his college injuries, got Wes Welker, got Amendola, drafted Mitchell, drafted Mankins, Light, Neal, Vollmer, James White and many many more. He also drafted Jimmy G and, of course, brought in Tom Brady when NO OTHER TEAM had any interest. And he had no issue putting him in and making a fair contest for QB1 when he had his big, stud QB in Bledsoe.

So yeah, he's had some misses, made some errors, but fuck me had an awful lot of hits as well......

Back