Week 8 games

Steve1

Reaction score
I couldn't find an appropriate thread to post this under, so I'll start this one....

There's a lot of interesting matchups this week, that will effect the Patriots place in the standings, when they're all done....of course I first want the Patriots to win Sunday; things might look pretty good after the Sunday slate of games. Here's the schedule of games affecting the Patriots (of course, if they keep winning, it won't matter what happens in the other games!). At least some of these games will turn out our way...

Thursday night
Chargers (5-2) at Broncos (5-1) I'm rooting for the Chargers

1 O'clock Eastern time
Bears (3-4) at Patriots (5-2) Obviously rooting for Patriots
Bills (4-3) at Jets (1-6) I want the Bills to lose
Dolphins (3-3) at Jaguars (1-6) Rooting for Jaguars
Ravens (5-2) at Bengals (3-2-1) Rooting for Bengals
Texans (3-4) at Titans (2-5) Rooting for Titans
Colts (5-2) at Steelers (4-3) Rooting for Colts to lose
Raiders (0-6) at Browns (3-3) Rooting for Browns to lose

I know it's still fairly early in the season; I'm still hoping for the best in these games. And waking up Monday morning with the standings quite in the Patriot's favor

The Chargers will have a tough time duplicating their earlier victory over the Broncos with so many players out injured on defense.

The Chargers will have a tough time duplicating their earlier victory over the Broncos with so many players out injured on defense.

Oh yeah, I forgot, the Broncos loss was to the Chargers, it seems like a while ago. And this game is in Denver.

I couldn't find an appropriate thread to post this under, so I'll start this one....

There's a lot of interesting matchups this week, that will effect the Patriots place in the standings, when they're all done....of course I first want the Patriots to win Sunday; things might look pretty good after the Sunday slate of games. Here's the schedule of games affecting the Patriots (of course, if they keep winning, it won't matter what happens in the other games!). At least some of these games will turn out our way...

Thursday night

1 O'clock Eastern time

I know it's still fairly early in the season; I'm still hoping for the best in these games. And waking up Monday morning with the standings quite in the Patriot's favor

You are likely to be very disappointed Monday. Yeah, the Chargers could pull it off. So could the Pats and possibly the Steelers, but the rest are very unlikely to happen.

You are likely to be very disappointed Monday. Yeah, the Chargers could pull it off. So could the Pats and possibly the Steelers, but the rest are very unlikely to happen.

As long as the Patriots win, I won't be disappointed.
And I wouldn't be surprised if Cincy beats the Ravens.
And I could see Pit beating the Colts.

It's nice to know some people are pretty sure about who'll win and who will lose. I remember a lot of people knew who'd win SB 36. I prefer to let the games play out.

It's nice to know some people are pretty sure about who'll win and who will lose. I remember a lot of people knew who'd win SB 36. I prefer to let the games play out.

Fair enough, but we all know who did win and some of us thought it was the Chargers and not the Shehawks, so there is that.

Thursday night

1 O'clock Eastern time

OK, I understand all of the teams you want to be rooting for. But why, dear God why, would you want to have the Raiders win over the Browns?:huh::facepalm:

The Raiders are like the Jets, they can't lose enough to make me happy. The only way I would want either to win would be if it helped the Patriots in some way. The Raiders beating the Browns will have no effect on the Patriots. the Jets beating the Bills might have a positive effect for the Patriots, so it might be good if they don't lose this week.

OK, I understand all of the teams you want to be rooting for. But why, dear God why, would you want to have the Raiders win over the Browns?:huh::facepalm:

The Raiders are like the Jets, they can't lose enough to make me happy. The only way I would want either to win would be if it helped the Patriots in some way. The Raiders beating the Browns will have no effect on the Patriots. the Jets beating the Bills might have a positive effect for the Patriots, so it might be good if they don't lose this week.
The Patriots have 5 wins. The Browns have 3 wins. I don't won't them to catch up to the Patriots in wins. So I want the Browns to lose. I think Patriots fans that always root against the Jets are being stupid, or are stupid. I was rooting for the Jets to beat Denver, and I was the only one (this was in Foxboro a couple of weeks ago). Just a bunch of drunk stupid fans I guess. Any Patriots fan who wanted the the Broncos to beat the Jets is a dink. And/or probably bet on the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Denver lost to Seattle.

Maybe Chev, is talking about last season.:shrug_n:

Yes, last season under similar circumstances...short week, Thursday Night Football. SD's defense confused PManning. I think SD is a very good team and Rivers is scorching plus PManning is living high with his TD record this week. I think SD will cover the 7.5 points but not win, although one can hope.

FootballOutsiders has the Broncos as the 6th-best team through 7 wks since 1989. (07 NE, 91 WAS, 96 GB, 94 DAL, 99 STL)

I thought they were very impressive last night vs the Chargers. That was their best defensive effort I've seen this year and PManning has it all going.

Peyton is probably one of the best regular season QB's ever to play....

Steve is still wrong about the Chargers beating Denver, even after letting the games play out.

Steve is still wrong about the Chargers beating Denver, even after letting the games play out.

First time I've ever been wrong....
Oh wait a minute, that was wrong too!
Damned Broncos....

Back