Week 8 Other Games Thread

The Gr8est

"It's time to shut up, Fat Boy!"
Reaction score
This format for other games seemed to be popular last year, particularly late in the season, but now seems as good a time as any to get it going again.

Sunday's Games 1:00 PM EST start:

Indianapolis (0-7) at Tennessee (3-3)

<strike>I don't want the Colts to get the once in a generation QB twice in a row.</strike> I feel so bad for our Colts fan friends here. Go Colts!

New Orleans (5-2) at Arizona (0-6)

Rams need to get their first win while helping the Pats get a higher pick in the 1st round. Go rams! Knock N.O. out of the playoffs!
Yeah right, like THAT is going to happen.

Miami (0-6) at NY Giants (4-2)

What a horrible situation and franchise the Dolphins are. it would Suck for Luck for him to go there. (See what I did there?)

But to keep Luck out of the AFC East, go Dolphins. Keeping Luck out of the division also means that the Sanchize isn't, hands down, the worst QB in the AFC East.

Minnesota (1-6) at Carolina (2-5)

There isn't much of a rooting interest in this game for Pats fans. It will actually be interesting to see Ponder and Newton match up head to head.

Arizona (1-5) at Baltimore (4-2)

When the discussion begins on the best run franchises in the NFL, that discussions goes nowhere near Arizona. Still, a Cardinals win helps the Pats playoff situation vis a vis 1st round byes, so Go Cardinals!

Jacksonville (2-5) at Houston (4-3)

I don't have a strong feeling about this game, but a loss by Houston makes the division and puts Indy right back in the playoff hunt..

ROFL

So, Go Jacksonville!

Sunday’s games 4:00 PM EST

Washington (3-3) at Buffalo (4-2)

I kinda like the plucky Bills, and don't really like the Washington Snyders. Plus a Buffalo win will help cause more rats and their fans' fur to fall out.

So, Go Buffalo!

Detroit (5-2) at Denver (2-4)

I like the Lions and their fans have suffered a long time. I like Tim Tebow the man, but despise Tim Tebow the QB and the delusional fans who think he is an NFL QB. Go Lions!

Cleveland (3-3) at San Francisco (5-1)

I don't have a strong rooting interest in this game, but I like the way Cleveland is trying to rebuild their team, and they are a big underdog. So, Go Browns!

Cincinnati (4-2) at Seattle (2-4)

When are NFL teams going to finally realize that Poodle Pete is not an NFL caliber head coach? Bengals are playing well and a win would make things interesting in the AFC Central. Go Bungles!

Sunday Night Game 8:20 PM EST

Dallas (3-3) at Denver (2-4)

I think I'd prefer to have Philly win so they aren't drafting too high, but a Philly loss also makes them an easier team to beat later when they play the Pats. Hard to root for the Dream Team, but since their season so far has been a nightmare...
Go Philly!

Monday Night Game 8:30 PM EST

San Diego (4-2) at Kansas City (3-3)

**** the Chargers for letting the Rats win last Sunday! That was pathetic. Chiefs have been rebounding nicely from their poor start, and a win here tightens things up in the AFC West, where hopefully, the Chargers and Chiefs can keeps the Pat's pick out of the playoffs. Go Chiefs!

Well, THAT was easy. Houston marches down the field for a 7-0 lead with minimal resistance from Jacksonville.

I guess the Jaguars got a big head over beating Baltimore. :coffee:

OBVIOUS PI during the NYG game, the guy held him literally the entire way.

Miami rushes it in after an NYG player lunges at Bush while the play was dead at the GL, drawing the flag.

Indianapolis (0-7) at Tennessee (3-3)

<strike>I don't want the Colts to get the once in a generation QB twice in a row.</strike> I feel so bad for our Colts fan friends here. Go Colts!

I'd rather to Colts get Luck than the 'Phins. Although I'm not all that worried if either team gets him.

My dream scenario is the Rams get the first pick and either auction it for a king's ransom, or take Luck and auction off Bradford for a king's ransom.

And bad actor emmy goes to #37 on the Titans.

Wow poor Denver, they're playing Dallas too? (Think you meant Phi instead of Den with the Dall game).
I have Min @ Car on and RZ channel on other screen. Normally when the time slot is not opposite the Pats, I have another game on that channel but there's nothing else I want to watch really.

I was listening to the Ravens/Cardinals game on the radio coming back from the hardware store and the color guy sounds just like Michael Holley. Cards had a big play after Ray of Sunshine got hurt (shoulder/knee,) but could not punch it in from 1st and goal. Ratbirds marched down the field at will but also could not score from 1st and goal at the 3. Tied 3-3.

Back