what are you listening to now?

AnOldTroll

Reaction score
So I don't think my last post on this thread had anything to do with eyes or thighs.

Not in these days anyway,
Listen again.

My opinion... some of us get it.

You guys be well.

Last edited:

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Yeah, that's freaking badass man. Props for knowing it. :)
I am all over the place on a music level. I tend to like a lot of alternative, but like real alternative. Teen in the 80's so lot of Goth, Cure, Joy Division, etc, but I also love bands like Queen, and Pink Floyd, and so on. I was heavy into 80's punk. I have always looked more at innovation or things that are a bit different. Now, in the last 10 years or so, I really got interested in black metal, and when I say interested, I mean from a band standpoint. Watched docs on Mayhem (which is something that will blow your mind). Amazing documentary called Until the light takes us. Once upon a time in Norway.
I became obsessed with a band named Gorgoroth main front man named Gaahl. He is the most interesting interview I have ever seen. A crew went to his house way up in the mountains and he is quite a character. I can listen to Amy Mann one day and then the next day Listen to Sonic Youth, and then be listening Burzum at night. I can get into any band that is different and aWay from the normal. No pop, or pop country. Outlaw Country like Hank 3? Yep sign me up.

johnlocke

Reaction score
I am all over the place on a music level. I tend to like a lot of alternative, but like real alternative. Teen in the 80's so lot of Goth, Cure, Joy Division, etc, but I also love bands like Queen, and Pink Floyd, and so on. I was heavy into 80's punk. I have always looked more at innovation or things that are a bit different. Now, in the last 10 years or so, I really got interested in black metal, and when I say interested, I mean from a band standpoint. Watched docs on Mayhem (which is something that will blow your mind). Amazing documentary called Until the light takes us. Once upon a time in Norway.
I became obsessed with a band named Gorgoroth main front man named Gaahl. He is the most interesting interview I have ever seen. A crew went to his house way up in the mountains and he is quite a character. I can listen to Amy Mann one day and then the next day Listen to Sonic Youth, and then be listening Burzum at night. I can get into any band that is different and aWay from the normal. No pop, or pop country. Outlaw Country like Hank 3? Yep sign me up.

Holy shit man. I'm with you on all this. I most definitely know who Grogoth are. :)

Pink Floyd is my fave, Tool a close second then Slayer, Pantera, Cradle, Behemoth etc.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Holy shit man. I'm with you on all this. I most definitely know who Grogoth are. :)

Pink Floyd is my fave, Tool a close second then Slayer, Pantera, Cradle, Behemoth etc.
Oh love Tool, like I said, I appreciate bands that can be innovative and different. Maynard as a singer is something I have never heard someone do so effortlessly . A great video on youtube of
vocal coaches listening to some of his music and his singing and just churning at how he can sing. Its like when you hear the start of a tool song, you know its tool. There is a ton of music that literally could be any one of 100 different bands, and I hate that. I am a long time lover of music and all things of the generations that I have went through and how it expanded as I got older. I am new to that political stuff. lol.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Oh love Tool, like I said, I appreciate bands that can be innovative and different. Maynard as a singer is something I have never heard someone do so effortlessly . A great video on youtube of
vocal coaches listening to some of his music and his singing and just churning at how he can sing. Its like when you hear the start of a tool song, you know its tool. There is a ton of music that literally could be any one of 100 different bands, and I hate that. I am a long time lover of music and all things of the generations that I have went through and how it expanded as I got older. I am new to that political stuff. lol.

OMG so much this. I love anything innovative and Tool is most definitely that. And yeah, Maynard's voice is something special.

johnlocke

Reaction score
See, we would get along great if we never talked politics. :encouragement:

I was telling the Pig that on FB Messenger. LOL.

Dude, I don't hate you. Don't like yer ideas or method of thinking on some stuff but I kinda like ya man cuz if nothing else, you are not hateful. And that is something I value greatly in a person.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
I was telling the Pig that on FB Messenger. LOL.

Dude, I don't hate you. Don't like yer ideas or method of thinking on some stuff but I kinda like ya man cuz if nothing else, you are not hateful. And that is something I value greatly in a person.
I told you before. My only deal breaker for people are hurt kids, rape, and hurting animals, everything else, I can find a common bond. I do not try and be hateful. I know I get like that. One thing is, you never know what someone is going through in real life, and sometimes it spills on here. Very few people on this board, I just cannot talk to, and you are very much not one of them. I have got mad at you before as I am sure you have at me. Message boards have a hard time really producing the human response, because no tone, or body language is ever shown, so a lot of times, people make their own in their head. I can tell you if we were sitting in a room, and having a beer and talking politics it would not be near as heated.

johnlocke

Reaction score
I told you before. My only deal breaker for people are hurt kids, rape, and hurting animals, everything else, I can find a common bond. I do not try and be hateful. I know I get like that. One thing is, you never know what someone is going through in real life, and sometimes it spills on here. Very few people on this board, I just cannot talk to, and you are very much not one of them. I have got mad at you before as I am sure you have at me. Message boards have a hard time really producing the human response, because no tone, or body language is ever shown, so a lot of times, people make their own in their head. I can tell you if we were sitting in a room, and having a beer and talking politics it would not be near as heated.

I can tell you this man, that here on the Planet we all bicker, we fight sometimes, and sometimes some attack others. But when the shit gets real like what went down with your wife or a number of other things people have gone through we mostly all have each other's backs.

We're a family.

Dysfunctional at times but still a family!!! ❤️

Last edited: