What are Your kids buying online ?

ron1625

Reaction score
New Zealand Mum In Online Auction Hole

A mum was left trying to dig herself out of a hole after finding her toddler daughter had bought an earth-moving digger online.

Sarah Quinlan from Auckland, New Zealand, had left her daughter, Pipi, in front of the computer while she went for a rest.
She had been looking at an auction site for toys and had already put in some online bids for them before the three-year-old took over.
The Kobelco digger - a few mouse clicks away on the auction site - was bought at the knockdown price of just under £8,000.
"The first I knew about it was when I came down and opened up the computer," Pipi's mother told the local newspaper.
"I saw an e-mail from TradeMe saying I had won an auction and another e-mail from the seller saying something like 'I think you'll love this digger'," she said.
Mrs Quinlan said she had made auction bids on several toy sets and assumed she had bought a toy digger.
"It wasn't until I went back and reread the e-mails that I saw - and got the shock of my life."
She immediately called the auction site and the seller to explain what had happened.
The seller was not amused but, fortunately, the auction line was.
It reimbursed the seller's costs and the digger was put back on sale and this time, sold to a grown up who could afford to pay for it.

8,000 pounds for a trackhoe!?! Holy crap.

Or are they talking about a mini trackhoe?

That doesn't sound right for a track ho. Hell, you can pick up a hooker at Wonderland for, like, $50.

I guess you'd have to pay a bit more for a midget, though...

well, duhhhhh!!! look at teh damn thing that big :Lecture:

1918101362-new-zealand-mum-online-auction-hole.jpg
got to weight at least 8,327.8 pounds if it weighs a ton I reckin' :shake:

well, duhhhhh!!! look at teh damn thing that big :Lecture:

1918101362-new-zealand-mum-online-auction-hole.jpg
got to weight at least 8,327.8 pounds if it weighs a ton I reckin' :shake:

Not that this has anything to do with anything, RG, but I've been practicing for my picture-taking pose with you if ever we should meet.

Back