What Training Camp Plots and Stories are you looking forward to?

FallingAlice

V'Ger
Reaction score
I have two --

First, I know this seems like a small thing, but I'm really looking forward to seeing if Cassel makes the team. And whether the Patriots may not trade Davey when all is said and done.

I think there's a good possibility of that happening. If I were the Pats, I wouldn't try to put Cassel on the practice squad. I don't think he'd last there. Someone would pick him up.

Second, how the wide-receiver depth chart winds up breaking down.

An obvious one is the Bruschi situation and how the linebacker rotation works out.

DB depth chart will be another story with all the new ones and returning young ones.

How will the coaching responsibilities of the offensive system work out. Will BB be doing all the game planning and play calling, or will Daboll start taking over.

FA....for me:

#1. Whether Full Tilt - Full Time is back & healthy

#2. What receiver Rodney lays a smackdown on: PK Sam or David Terrell might be good choices

#3. How far will my boy Mankins progresses

bideau said:

How will the coaching responsibilities of the offensive system work out. Will BB be doing all the game planning and play calling, or will Daboll start taking over.

You're thinking Daboll over Scarnecchia, Bideau? That surprises me.

I was very disappointed when they let Davidson get away for what was not much more than a lateral position change (he was T.E. coach/assistant O.L coach in New England. Now is O.L. coach).

I thought he was a lock for O.C. But I assumed that it ultimately came down to keeping either Davidson or Scarnecchia "happy."

I'm more anxious to see how the offense operates through the pre season games and into the regular season. Will Brady have more leeway in the play calls @ the line? If he does, will it be noticeable? Will gadget plays remain a constant ? ( Like when Charlie was here).

FallingAlice said:
You're thinking Daboll over Scarnecchia, Bideau? That surprises me.

I was very disappointed when they let Davidson get away for what was not much more than a lateral position change (he was T.E. coach/assistant O.L coach in New England. Now is O.L. coach).

I thought he was a lock for O.C. But I assumed that it ultimately came down to keeping either Davidson or Scarnecchia "happy."

Definitely. Scarnecchia has said publicly that he doesn't covet the OC position.

I think Davidson left because BB is grooming Daboll for the position. Similar to why Rob Ryan went to Oakland last year (Mangini was the heir aparrent). Daboll is only 30 or so. He needs a little more experience under his belt. But I think we'll be hearing more from him.

Besides, considering what a great job Dante has done with the OL, I'd prefer to see him stay there.

Subplots up the yinyang.

* Will Seymour show up?

* Can Brady continue to be Brady without Charlie?

* Can Logan Mankins take the LG spot?

* The battle at RT between Gorin and Ashworth

* Can young Mr. Watson's knee hold up? Is Peter King right about him (all-pro)?

* Bruschi.......Tedy Bruschi

* Will we miss Roman Phifer more than people think?

* How will the depth at safety sort itself out?

* Will the return game improve with Tim Dwight?

* Is Vince Wilfork a man or a monster? Who will rotate in at NT?

* What WR will Rodney piss off this year?

* What about Marquise Hill? We have very little to go on but, I like what I have seen of this kid.

* The forgotten man, Rodney Bailey

* Alice is right. The starting WRs are set but how will 3-6 sort itself out? Will Terrell be the 3? Who is odd man out? Sam? Dwight? Troy? Bethel?

* Will the Pats base offense be a two TE single back set?

* Is the fire still in the bellies?

* Who will start at corner? A fierce battle shapes up with 4 legit canidates.

* Who will be the next guy to switch from O to D or vice-versa?

* What about Dan Klecko? He didn't work at LB in mini-camp so is that experiment over? Will the cult have to be satisfied with Iron Dan as a situational blocking back? Can he even make this team?

* Who will be this year's Randall Gay?

* Is the vet retirement jinx a thing of the past?

* Will Lonie Paxton ever make a bad snap?

* Will the cheerleaders continue to get sexier? ( I thought last years crop was the best yet)

* Will the sound guy continue to beat "Hell's Bells" into the ground?

* What will the crowds be like at camp?

* Will Mrs. B's training camp reports continue to be the best fan reports on the net?

Back