Whatta Horse! (Spoilers for Preakness)

BradyGirl

Reaction score
Wow, Bode Express is a charmer! LMAO as after he threw off his rider out of the gate (the jockey's fine), he ran the whole race, DIDN'T FINISH LAST, and ran an extra lap! Now THAT'S Doing Your Job! :cool:

All the way! A riderless horse winning would've been the ultimate! popcorn

I loved it when a steward tried to grab him and he moved towards the middle of the pack. No way he wasn't finishing.

I loved it when a steward tried to grab him and he moved towards the middle of the pack. No way he wasn't finishing.

I noticed that, too. He wanted to finish!

There were no injuries; we all got a good laugh; and the 2019 Preakness and Bode Express are now legendary. :D

I've often wondered if race horses run because they have no choice or because they actually love it. I guess this answers my question.

I've often wondered if race horses run because they have no choice or because they actually love it. I guess this answers my question.

He was running for the sheer joy of it, even tacking on an extra lap! :D

When you think about it, wild horses are always running, so it's definitely an instinct.

So much down the drain in a split second.

D65M7nHXoAcOw1i

The jockey is blaming the guy in the starting gate, which the TV crew was doing as soon as it happened. The video shows the guy doing an "Aw shucks" motion just as it was happening.

The triple crown is a joke this year after the injustice to Maximum Security by Country House. War of Will definitely deserved the Preakness Stakes win. I would love to see Maximum Security and Country House do it up in the Belmont for real winner. Country House did not even run in the Preakness to show how afraid his owner/trainer/jockey all were. What horse that wins the Derby does not run all triple crown races?? Again hope we can see the real deal in the Belmont...…

The triple crown is a joke this year after the injustice to Maximum Security by Country House. War of Will definitely deserved the Preakness Stakes win. I would love to see Maximum Security and Country House do it up in the Belmont for real winner. Country House did not even run in the Preakness to show how afraid his owner/trainer/jockey all were. What horse that wins the Derby does not run all triple crown races?? Again hope we can see the real deal in the Belmont...…

Last time it happened was more than 20 years ago (or so I read). Supposedly, the horse came down with a respiratory problem that prevented him from running.

Last time it happened was more than 20 years ago (or so I read). Supposedly, the horse came down with a respiratory problem that prevented him from running.

Yes, I believe it was 1968 when a horse named Dancer was stripped due to a drug in his system then that ALL horses today are allowed to use. I'm not questioning the Derby evaluator but I honestly watch it at least 25 times and I saw no obstruction out of the norm in a general horse race. But let's hope that the Belmont will have both Maximum Security and Country House to settle the score...….

Back