White says Silva will be cut if he repeats UFC 112 performance

Yeah, you usually seem to miss it. I said as a general statement that it wasn't Silva's responsibility to go up or down in weight. You responded by telling me that you didn't say that it was. NO SHIT. I didn't say you did. I don't put words into your mouth. Your point was irrelevant.

Ok. :shrug: Not sure what to say here. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. We don't share one here.

Silva is a clown, if he does that to Machida, Machida will kill him. I have seen Machida destroy guys who I thought were damn good, including Rashad Evans, Thiago Silva, BJ Penn, and Rich Franklin. Machida has a style where he does not get hit even by some of the best strikers, its a bad matchup for Silva.

silvagriffin2.gif

strikeforce will take him in a heartbeat

I'm not defending what Silva did, I certainly didn't like the antics that went on passed the 1st round, they left a bad taste in my mouth.

But that being said, why should Silva have given Maia a punchers chance in the 5th round? He destroyed the guy and it was obvious that Maia was swinging for the fences in the 5th round.

I know White doesn't like it, but the name of the game for these guys is to; 1.) win, 2.) not get hurt, and then 3.) entertain the crowd.

White would rather a guy go all out when he already has a fight won just for the entertainment factor, but that's stupid. You do enough to win, if an opportunity for a knock-out presents itself you take it, but you certainly don't give a guy a punchers chance in the 5th round of a fight you have totally, totally dominated. :shrug:

Silva is a clown, if he does that to Machida, Machida will kill him. I have seen Machida destroy guys who I thought were damn good, including Rashad Evans, Thiago Silva, BJ Penn, and Rich Franklin. Machida has a style where he does not get hit even by some of the best strikers, its a bad matchup for Silva.

I think Silva would be overjoyed to have some competition and wouldn't act like a clown in the ring. He's bored. Again, I am in no way defending his antics.

Again, I would love to see it happen.

I'm not defending what Silva did, I certainly didn't like the antics that went on passed the 1st round, they left a bad taste in my mouth.

But that being said, why should Silva have given Maia a punchers chance in the 5th round? He destroyed the guy and it was obvious that Maia was swinging for the fences in the 5th round.

I know White doesn't like it, but the name of the game for these guys is to; 1.) win, 2.) not get hurt, and then 3.) entertain the crowd.

White would rather a guy go all out when he already has a fight won just for the entertainment factor, but that's stupid. You do enough to win, if an opportunity for a knock-out presents itself you take it, but you certainly don't give a guy a punchers chance in the 5th round of a fight you have totally, totally dominated. :shrug:

White's problem was, the antics that he did in the fight. I mean if you are saying he didnt want to get hurt in the 5th round, what the hell was he doing in the 3rd round putting his hands down and dancing around. I mean was he not giving the guy a chance through the whole fight?

I think Silva would be overjoyed to have some competition and wouldn't act like a clown in the ring. He's bored. Again, I am in no way defending his antics.

Again, I would love to see it happen.

His weight class is really thin at 185. I wish he would go to 205 and stay there for awhile. I would love to see some of the fights up there. Actually i wish it was like the old days where there were no weight classes, have Silva fight fedor.

His weight class is really thin at 185. I wish he would go to 205 and stay there for awhile. I would love to see some of the fights up there. Actually i wish it was like the old days where there were no weight classes, have Silva fight fedor.

That would be batshit insane. I was watching Spike the other night and they showed a Royce Gracie fight where he literally just smothered and suffocated a guy (in his usual fashion) until he could lock in a rear naked choke. It was kind of boring.

But the old days of watching him beat on dudes who weight 400 lbs were fun and created the "spectacle" that put his jiu-jitsu school and UFC on the map.

White's problem was, the antics that he did in the fight. I mean if you are saying he didnt want to get hurt in the 5th round, what the hell was he doing in the 3rd round putting his hands down and dancing around. I mean was he not giving the guy a chance through the whole fight?

My understanding from White's comments was that he wasn't so much upset with the antics as he was with the fact that Silva stopped fighting in the 4th and 5th rounds.

White, who usually gives the winner of a championship fight the title belt, threw the belt down midway through the fourth round and left.

“I gave the belt to Ed (Soares, Silva‘s manager) and said, ‘You put it on him. I’m not doing it,’” White told Fanhouse’s Ariel Helwani in a one-on-one immediately after the press conference.

Anderson was late arriving at the press conference. “I wouldn’t come in here at all if I were him,” White told the press.

White ripped Silva for showboating, then not backing it up with performance. “If you’re that talented, be Mike Tyson. Go in there and finish,” he said.

As far as your comments regarding the 3rd and 5th rounds. You're telling me that Silva had the same energy and response time in the 5th to keep doing that sh*t where he puts his hands down? Really?

Exactly. It looked like WWE shit there. I was expecting razors and fold up chairs next. :coffee:

My understanding from White's comments was that he wasn't so much upset with the antics as he was with the fact that Silva stopped fighting in the 4th and 5th rounds.

As far as your comments regarding the 3rd and 5th rounds. You're telling me that Silva had the same energy and response time in the 5th to keep doing that sh*t where he puts his hands down? Really?

Dana white said he fought like a jackass, he threw the belt at the coach in the 4th round and said you put it on him and left. That tells me he was upset by his antics in the early rounds. I'm just saying if his reasoning for not fighting in the last two rounds was to not get hurt, that does not explain all the chances he was taking early in the fight. Maia is not a real good striker though, he has almost no standup game.

That would be batshit insane. I was watching Spike the other night and they showed a Royce Gracie fight where he literally just smothered and suffocated a guy (in his usual fashion) until he could lock in a rear naked choke. It was kind of boring.

But the old days of watching him beat on dudes who weight 400 lbs were fun and created the "spectacle" that put his jiu-jitsu school and UFC on the map.

Yeah there were parts of it that were boring, and there were so many styles. Very few were bjj and it was a lot of rolling around on the ground. But there were some fights that were just freaky to watch because a lot of the times you had guys that were not real talented go against a guy that was. Basically they had to add a lot of rules to make it so it could be done in most states.

When Silva has a worthy opponent opposite of him he is a maniac. see franklin x2, Hendo, Griffin etc...Dana White the gaping douchebag needs to quit wasting time and give him the best; the mw division is the weakest in the UFC. I want to see silva start running through the LHW full time. enough of these garbage opponents. Sonnen? he will be tapped out, that clown has no submission defense

So is that the jist of this?

He's fighting scrubs and mocking them
White is pissed...................................

Dana white said he fought like a jackass, he threw the belt at the coach in the 4th round and said you put it on him and left. That tells me he was upset by his antics in the early rounds. I'm just saying if his reasoning for not fighting in the last two rounds was to not get hurt, that does not explain all the chances he was taking early in the fight. Maia is not a real good striker though, he has almost no standup game.

Two things then I'm done.

1.) If Silva comes out in the 4th round and knocks out Maia, then I don't think Dana has a problem. I don't think he liked the antics, but if Silva backed them up with a knockout then I think he deals with it.

2.) Silva was clearly tired in the 4th round and didn't have the energy to keep doing all that crazy sh*t. Even Joe Rogan made that comment at the time.

Two things then I'm done.

1.) If Silva comes out in the 4th round and knocks out Maia, then I don't think Dana has a problem. I don't think he liked the antics, but if Silva backed them up with a knockout then I think he deals with it.

2.) Silva was clearly tired in the 4th round and didn't have the energy to keep doing all that crazy sh*t. Even Joe Rogan made that comment at the time.

White gave the belt before the 4th round and said you put it on him, that to me says he was pissed long before the 4th adn 5th rounds. Silva could have finished this fight in the 1st round. White is a promoter, he wants people to be entertained, that fight turned into a joke and people were mad, that does not make him look good and he is going to be pissed.

White gave the belt before the 4th round and said you put it on him, that to me says he was pissed long before the 4th adn 5th rounds. Silva could have finished this fight in the 1st round. White is a promoter, he wants people to be entertained, that fight turned into a joke and people were mad, that does not make him look good and he is going to be pissed.

You have to be one of the most argumentative people I've ever come across on this board.

You don't agree with my opinion, I really don't care. :shrug:

yeah see the problem is, this is not the first time silva has had a crappy fight by the way he has acted. There was a fight not long ago where basically he just dodged everything and never fought back and it went to decision. White is out for entertainment, people want to see guys try to kill each other, they want the Bonner-Griffen Fight every week, he has been lacking, and this last one, he made a mockery of mma in a bad way, it was not a shining moment for him.

You have to be one of the most argumentative people I've ever come across on this board.

You don't agree with my opinion, I really don't care. :shrug:

I'm not sure I asked you to care.:shrug: If he is worried about getting knocked out and that is why he didnt fight in the 4th and 5th round, that is stupid, since he was not protecting himself at any point in that fight. White was pissed at the entire fight and the way he acted. Even before the 4th round white gave the belt to his coach and said you put it on him, now if what you say is true and he was not mad until the 4th and 5th rounds happened, why did white do that with the belt before the 4th round?

I'm not sure I asked you to care.:shrug: If he is worried about getting knocked out and that is why he didnt fight in the 4th and 5th round, that is stupid, since he was not protecting himself at any point in that fight.

It's not stupid. The reason Silva was doing that sh*t in the 1st and 2nd rounds is because he was fresh and had the reaction time to do that. When he got tired in the later rounds, he no longer had the reaction time and therefore couldn't put his guard down like that because he would've gotten nailed.

Maia tagged him a couple of times in the 5th round (which was something he couldn't do in the first 3 rounds), did you notice that? That's why Silva literally ran away from him a couple of times.

Fighters get tired, even the good ones.

White was pissed at the entire fight and the way he acted. Even before the 4th round white gave the belt to his coach and said you put it on him, now if what you say is true and he was not mad until the 4th and 5th rounds happened, why did white do that with the belt before the 4th round?

White did that MIDWAY through the 4th round.

Silva stopped the showboating midway through the 3rd round.

Why didn't White leave during the 1st or 2nd round when Silva was doing all the showboating?

He left when Silva stopped fighting.

Essentially...White throws guys against him that have absolutely no shot... like I said we he throws good people against Silva he has spectacular fights

It's not stupid. The reason Silva was doing that sh*t in the 1st and 2nd rounds is because he was fresh and had the reaction time to do that. When he got tired in the later rounds, he no longer had the reaction time and therefore couldn't put his guard down like that because he would've gotten nailed.

Maia tagged him a couple of times in the 5th round (which was something he couldn't do in the first 3 rounds), did you notice that? That's why Silva literally ran away from him a couple of times.

Fighters get tired, even the good ones.

White did that MIDWAY through the 4th round.

Silva stopped the showboating midway through the 3rd round.

Why didn't White leave during the 1st or 2nd round when Silva was doing all the showboating?

He left when Silva stopped fighting.

Quote from White...

"“I think this guy is incredibly talented, and in the first couple of rounds, he was showing off and doing whatever he was doing, and that’s not what I’m in to. I don’t like it,”

:shrug:

Back