Will Hawg be OK?

MEPATNUT

Reaction score
I haven't look at the threads since the KC game. I do hope Hawg made it through.

This is what he posted before last years Super Bowl.

Originally Posted by Hawg73 View Post
I'm pretty sure that I am the heart attack Champion of Patriotsplanet with a total of 4 of them under my belt so far.

So, with that kind of history, I've had to learn a few techniques to reduce the stress level when things get very intense as they have in the last, well, 8 Super Bowls we've played in as well as dozens of other important ones where the stress level builds up. I'm not worried about keeling over in the middle of a game, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that there have been times when I felt the tension level of a game was nearly unbearable. And I got a little antsy.

So, given the fact that a lot of people go through an amazing amount of stress over games like this and recognizing it is no joke, I'd decided to share a couple of simple techniques that help me and maybe they can help you relax a bit, too:

1. Drink plenty of alcohol. I'd recommend as much as you need, but don't drive. If you get a little hazy on the details of the game you can watch it again later. Smoke some weed if you are into that. You may actually want to consider drinking some water at some point, too.

2. Vent. I've noticed that I never get as tense when I'm attending a game because I regularly go nuts so that the pressure never builds up that high. Scream your ass off even if you don't know everybody around you. Screw them. Don't internalize your feelings because you are worried about appearances. Don't sit in quiet desperation. It's the worst.

3. Breathe. If you start to feel extreme tension building up inside you then force yourself to take long, slow, deep breaths -- as deep as you possibly can-- and hold them as long as you can without getting dizzy. Just keep doing it until you start to feel yourself unwind a little. I can get a good effect from about 4 or 5 deep breaths with 10 being typically optimum.

With a little practice you can actually reduce your pulse rate doing this and I've done it periodically ever since I learned the technique. It's easy, effective and you can do it anywhere at anytime. It's great for traffic jams.

For those that are curious google "The Relaxation Response" for more details and supporting info.

Hawg, I hope that you made is through the KC game. That was the most intense I've been watching a game since the Seahawks SB. Maybe you shouldn't watch the Super Bowl this year.

I plan on taking the risk. Would there be a better way to go out?

The KC game was stressful...not gonna lie.

The perfect season that wasn't was the worst for me though...even my gf at the time was cheering for the Giants. Bitch.

He can relax by watching all 5 of the Pats' SB wins on NFLNetwork this week.
Wed. - SB XXXVI: Rams-Patriots @ 9p ET -
SB XXXVIII: Panthers-Patriots @ 1a ET Thurs. -
SB XLIX: Patriots-Seahawks @ 9p ET Thurs. -
SB XXXIX: Patriots-Eagles @ 1a ET Fri. -
SB LI: Patriots-Falcons @ 9p ET Fri.

The KC game was stressful...not gonna lie.

The perfect season that wasn't was the worst for me though...even my gf at the time was cheering for the Giants. Bitch.

Right after that SB that shall not be mentioned I literally threw everyone out of my house. I shut the TV and said loud and clear, GET THE FUCK OUT!

Back