Would you Give Up on Bellichick ?

Don't forget a healthy Amendola> Welker

The notion that whats wrong with the team is welker is silly. I know I hear that a lot. The offense is struggling because we have no TE play, and we had to lean heavy on kids who have played a few games in the NFL....Edelman is doing as much as welker would have done even if he stayed. The only thing that Welker helps on more would have been against the blitz, that has went south, but as far as production, its about the same.

The notion that whats wrong with the team is welker is silly. I know I hear that a lot. The offense is struggling because we have no TE play, and we had to lean heavy on kids who have played a few games in the NFL....Edelman is doing as much as welker would have done even if he stayed. The only thing that Welker helps on more would have been against the blitz, that has went south, but as far as production, its about the same.
If it weren't for Amendola they would have lost game one.. He made some clutch catches that were incredible...

The problem with the offense is that your receivers are rookies, and Brady needs to fire his barber/tailor.

Its not just the rookies though, we went from the best two TE's in football to....well no TE's. If we had Gronk and Hernandez here, the rookie issues whatever they are would not have shown up as bad, but when that is all you have, every little single thing gets exposed.

Also, you're 4-1. Some of you need to get a grip.

Did you just get here to this board?ROFL. We might need a 2-14 season to bring us back down to reality and then start again. Like I said, when your team is horrible....any little thing is a parade, when your team has been good for a long time, any loss is the end of the world and not winning the superbowl means fire the coach, cut the Qb and move the team to Canada.

Its not just the rookies though, we went from the best two TE's in football to....well no TE's. If we had Gronk and Hernandez here, the rookie issues whatever they are would not have shown up as bad, but when that is all you have, every little single thing gets exposed.
Well sure.

Did you just get here to this board?ROFL. We might need a 2-14 season to bring us back down to reality and then start again. Like I said, when your team is horrible....any little thing is a parade, when your team has been good for a long time, any loss is the end of the world and not winning the superbowl means fire the coach, cut the Qb and move the team to Canada.
I'll give you people this, there has been no online spectacle that can even compete with a post-loss Planet meltdown. The wailing and gnashing of teeth is almost biblical.

Well I would have to assume Brady could be better than Gabbert too, so whats the point? Saying how would Brady be on the jags, you could say the same about BB with those players. Part of a coaches job is to bring in players to make the team better, so without doing that, he does not have a magical wand.

You asked whether BB would make the Jags better (implied by you asking if they would make the playoffs). The answer to that question is yes.

He would make them better with their current roster and he would make them better by bringing in better players.

It's that simple and it doesn't detract an ounce from #12's heroics in New England.

I'm not saying its ALL Brady... I'm just saying that the Bill Belichick story may not have been as glamorous had TB not been the key ingredient in his soup.
Brady allowed for all the risk taken because he done wonders with whoever was in the line up.

I drink the BB kool aid and always will put my faith in his decisions .. As a fan I can always have 20/20 vision after a move is done. I guess the Welker deal is the most frustrating seeing how bad we need him now.

However it was posted would TB be 0-5 if he played for the Jags... No he would not even with that bunch TB would of at least beat Oakland and St Louis. If he and BB was in Jax they may have beat Indy and KC too.

In all the years I suffered thru being a Patriot Fan while they were the whipping boy of the NFL , its been really nice over the BB/TB era to have this feeling of knowing that NE was going to be a player in the hunt for a title every single year. I love BB hes my Hero I only was pointing out my feelings that without TB his ride wouldnt have been as smooth and might have been over by now in NE without brady.

Even with all the turmoil of this season its almost a certainty to make the post season (baring many more injuries) because NE will win the East.
Miami has improved but I think NE will still get past them. Maybe a split but they done had their close calls with the Jets and Buffalo I think they take both of those games remaining with them and sweep the Fins.
Yes the Goal is the SB but to get there you first set your sights on the Division .. Then on a post season bye and then on Home Field thru out.
Get the Division first then work on the rest. That Top seed will be a very tough task but its not impossible.

I'm not saying its ALL Brady... I'm just saying that the Bill Belichick story may not have been as glamorous had TB not been the key ingredient in his soup.

Of course. But is Landry the coach he was without Staubach? Knoll without Bradshaw? Montana and Walsh?

Like Montana and Walsh, it was a perfect marriage. Frankly, it is equally likely that Tom wouldn't have become a HOF QB somewhere else as it is that Bill would be a run-of-the-mill above average coach.

Of course. But is Landry the coach he was without Staubach? Knoll without Bradshaw? Montana and Walsh?

Like Montana and Walsh, it was a perfect marriage. Frankly, it is equally likely that Tom wouldn't have become a HOF QB somewhere else as it is that Bill would be a run-of-the-mill above average coach.

True they were great pairings , Bradshaw took a long time to develop. but the answer is they were in the right places in their careers at the right times.

Example.. If I had a Time Machine and went back and somehow manipulated history to the point that I owned the Patriots .. Could I hire the Greats before they were great and or get someone to just pick the players I tell them to pick and pick the superstars of the drafts knowing who became what???

Would they have the same impact and success?? Its impossible to say as each person became who they became under the circumstances they were injected into and all things may not be the same if done different.
My son once debated with me that if Indy had taken R Leaf that he would be the HOFer and P Manning would be the bust. WHO KNOWS??
I know I dont I just run my mouth and say how I feel and hope that the Patriots come out on top. I dont want it to end..

You asked whether BB would make the Jags better (implied by you asking if they would make the playoffs). The answer to that question is yes.

He would make them better with their current roster and he would make them better by bringing in better players.

It's that simple and it doesn't detract an ounce from #12's heroics in New England.

Ummm I did not ask if he would make the jags better. Someone asked what if Brady played for the jags, and I asked what if BB coached the jags....I did not however say BB would not make them better, but someone did say Brady would not make them better.

To me, you either are or you are not a great player, same for coaches. So saying either would be nothing is not true. I mean its not like either of them went to a team that was rattling off superbowls so saying Brady or BB would do nothing anywhere else has no merit. I will never know if what BB said was true, that he saw in Brady what he said he did and that he was going to replace bledsoe, even if Bledsoe did not get hurt. I do not agree that one would not be anything without the other. You either are or you are not a great player. BB cannot make every Qb a Tom Brady and Tom Brady cannot make every coach a Belichick.

Why would you fire one of the best 5 GMs in the past decade and the past 4 years? :thumb:

Dumping Bill would be idiocy.

I'm wondering if maybe you missed part of my post.

No.

And BTW, if I were thinking about a change (and to be clear, I'm not), it would be BB the GM, and not BB the coach.

Back