Yall See South Park tonight?

Reaction score
Website
www.coltfreaks.com
This will probably end up in the A.A. forum for sure, but did you guys see South Park tonight? A lot of references to Bill Bellichick and the Patriots.

I posted the pertinent lines from the show at ColtFreaks. I'm not going to do that here, because I don't want to start trouble on this forum, but if you want to see what happened, just go there. You'll have no trouble finding the thread. my sig will take you there.

I posted the pertinent lines from the show at ColtFreaks. I'm not going to do that here, because I don't want to start trouble on this forum, but if you want to see what happened, just go there. You'll have no trouble finding the thread. my sig will take you there.
Damn, I'll have to catch a replay later on this weekend. :mad:

I can't see you getting AC'd for quoting a show built on poor taste. Stop being a pussy and post the questionable dialog :p

Meh. Most of us don't give a sh*t. The real football fans know that teams do that crap all the time, always did and always will. Besides, they got caught in the first half of the first game of the season, and still managed to win 18 of them without videotapes. The whole episode was overrated unless you're an enemy troll, Gregg Easterbrook, or Roger Goodell. I hope the South Park boys skewered Belichick good. :D Besides, he DOES deserve some of it. He's a great coach, but he IS a cocky SOB and continued to videotape even after Goodell sent everyone a memo... so, IMO, Belichick does deserve to reap some of the justly-deserved ass-kicking from media types and comedians and whatnot... But it's a little strange that they came out with the episode NOW. Not exactly timely...

Besides, he DOES deserve some of it. He's a great coach, but he IS a cocky SOB and continued to videotape even after Goodell sent everyone a memo... so, IMO, Belichick does deserve to reap some of the justly-deserved ass-kicking from media types and comedians and whatnot... But it's a little strange that they came out with the episode NOW. Not exactly timely...

One of the best commentaries on this situation that i have heard from a Pats supporter. Bravo. :toast:

One of the best commentaries on this situation that i have heard from a Pats supporter. Bravo. :toast:

:shrug: Hey, it's the truth.

Does everyone probably do it? Probably.
Does it give teams much of an advantage? Probably not.
Did Belichick do it, though? Yes.
And did he do it after being told explicitly NOT do? Yup.

So he definitely deserved his fine. Not sure why Kraft had to pay out of his pocket, and I think a 1st rounder was a BIT steep but I can see that they had to come up with some penalty aside from cash.

Hey, I like Belichick, a lot. I like his Robocoach public persona. I like how his defensive genius has led to three Super Bowl wins. But I also don't think he's infallible. For example, I think he did some pretty stupid coaching in the SB against the Giants. And I'll be the first to admit that, yeah, Belichick helps make Brady the QB that he is, but Brady also helps make Belichick the coach that he is, and maybe without Brady there AREN'T three Lombardis in Foxboro. People forget that, in 2000 when Bledsoe went down, that was a make-or-break year for Belichick and there were rumblings that a bad start to the year could lead to him getting sh*tcanned. In a sporting event, it's a fine line between hero and goat; the same applies overall to an athlete's career, as well as a coach's.

Does everybody videotape signals? I don't think so.

Yeah, but they do plenty of other stuff. Stealing them by binoculars, stealing playbooks, screwing up radio signals, whatever. Look, I have no interest in rehashing the Spygate crap, and I'm sure most Pats fans are defensive about it and most non-Pats fans are looking to point and go "ha ha ha!" and find some basis to say that the three SB wins were bogus. We can all agree to disagree on it. But I've seen a lot of "analysts" like Peter King say it was a "really bad thing" and a lot of actual COACHES say it was a very minor thing that probably wouldn't have gotten any press if it weren't the Big Bad Patriots and Darth Hoodie (who most others in the NFL seem to despise).

Then what's the incentive to do it? :shrug:

Because they're all looking for the tiniest edge. It may not be the actual play, even. If they can simply figure out what situation will make the opponent call for a short run vs. a short pass, then you can get an edge in alignment.

Yeah, but they do plenty of other stuff. Stealing them by binoculars, stealing playbooks, screwing up radio signals, whatever.

No, not "whatever." You said that everone else videotapes signals. That isn't true. Don't believe me? Prove it.

Because they're all looking for the tiniest edge. It may not be the actual play, even. If they can simply figure out what situation will make the opponent call for a short run vs. a short pass, then you can get an edge in alignment.

That seems like a pretty good advantage. Any knowledge is better than none. If not, then why would teams steal signals? Why would they videotape them? The reward isn't worth the risk.

Does everybody videotape signals? I don't think so.

Then what's the incentive to do it? :shrug:

Ok. I have stayed away from this crap forever!

Yes EVERY team does it! but from the coach's booth. Upstairs. So dont go copping the high road/ BB was arrogant enough to film from the sidelines to call attention to all of the hypocracy and he was fried for it. End of story.

The Doofins copped Pats sigs and line calls from live NFL feed (sent over the net and stolen) that someone sold back to them in 2006. Pissed BB to the ears! But because the the team didn't film it, it was considered ok by the douchebag in charge. No Violation!

So Spygate was him sticking his big fat middle finger back at the league.

Bottom line.

Dont talk any more about it.

Yes EVERY team does it! but from the coach's booth. Upstairs.

Sorry, but no.

Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited...

No, not "whatever." You said that everone else videotapes signals. That isn't true. Don't believe me? Prove it.

That seems like a pretty good advantage. Any knowledge is better than none. If not, then why would teams steal signals? Why would they videotape them? The reward isn't worth the risk.

Not to rehash this old argument, because I've said it thousands of times since September, but if you have ever been around a football coach at a high level (major NCAA or NFL) you would know that they are paranoid and they are meticulous about every possible perceived advantage. If something could get them 0.25% advantage, they'd jump at it. It's the culture. I remember when we played Ohio State, Michigan State and ND, Coach Carr would have equipment guys on the roof of Schembechler Hall with binoculars checking for spies.

Shit, Michigan Football (AD) owns the houses on State St. alongside the practice facility in the pic below because they have 2nd floors and a person could watch practice from those windows. This way, the guys on the roof with binoculars can look in those windows and if there's someone watching who is from a team, they can be kicked out. It's also written into the leases that the tenants can't let anyone watch practice. They also own the warehouse that runs alongside the train tracks outside of the practice compound, and have forced fans to move who have watched practice from the bushes under the Stadium Blvd. overpass which offers an elevated look over the fence into the fields.

Football coaches= PARANOID.

Not to rehash this old argument, because I've said it thousands of times since September, but if you have ever been around a football coach at a high level (major NCAA or NFL) you would know that they are paranoid and they are meticulous about every possible perceived advantage. If something could get them 0.25% advantage, they'd jump at it. It's the culture. I remember when we played Ohio State, Michigan State and ND, Coach Carr would have equipment guys on the roof of Schembechler Hall with binoculars checking for spies.

Shit, Michigan Football (AD) owns the houses on State St. alongside the practice facility in the pic below because they have 2nd floors and a person could watch practice from those windows. This way, the guys on the roof with binoculars can look in those windows and if there's someone watching who is from a team, they can be kicked out. It's also written into the leases that the tenants can't let anyone watch practice. They also own the warehouse that runs alongside the train tracks outside of the practice compound, and have forced fans to move who have watched practice from the bushes under the Stadium Blvd. overpass which offers an elevated look over the fence into the fields.

Football coaches= PARANOID.

That's great, but it doesn't mean that every coach does it.

:whip2:

Back