Yeah sure, it was the refs fault

crappingfan18

Formerly: dumbassfan18
Reaction score
just got back from the game and no surprise you all are blaming everyone but the patriots. the official made the correct call on the spot and even if he didn't then you can blame brady and belichick for blowing the timeouts or blame maroney for fumbling into the endzone or a million other things

just got back from the game and no surprise you all are blaming everyone but the patriots. the official made the correct call on the spot and even if he didn't then you can blame brady and belichick for blowing the timeouts or blame maroney for fumbling into the endzone or a million other things

The "million other things" don't matter, because they don't excuse the call.

And the call was wrong. I've taken Belichick to task for going for it because I think it was an absolutely stupid play under the circumstances, but the reality is that they did make the first down, and the ref cost the team the game by getting the spot wrong.

Unfortunately, one of those 'circumstances' was that the clock was just outside of 2 minutes and the team was out of timeouts and unable to challenge bad calls as a result.

And the call was wrong. I've taken Belichick to task for going for it because I think it was an absolutely stupid play under the circumstances, but the reality is that they did make the first down, and the ref cost the team the game by getting the spot wrong.

Unfortunately, one of those 'circumstances' was that the clock was just outside of 2 minutes and the team was out of timeouts and unable to challenge bad calls as a result.

yeah whatever helps you sleep at night

Well those circumstances were part of the game just as the circumstances that led up to that even being an option for the patriots. It happened you lost get over it.

The million other circumstances are player dependent. One bull shit PI call and one bull shit ball spotting are not.

Good luck losing to the Chargers.

Well those circumstances were part of the game just as the circumstances that led up to that even being an option for the patriots. It happened you lost get over it.

So all the Colts idiots plan to come here and make the same idiotic comments?

The game was lost because the officials blew a call. If the call is made correctly, the Patriots kneel on the ball and the game is over. Despite all the other screwups, the Patriots would have won had a theoretically neutral and qualified non-player not blown a pretty obvious call. Pulling the "get over it" card is just stupid.

What happened out there was just another example of why I hate the current 'challenge' system.

So all the Colts idiots plan to come here and make the same idiotic comments?

The game was lost because the officials blew a call. If the call is made correctly, the Patriots kneel on the ball and the game is over. Despite all the other screwups, the Patriots would have won had a theoretically neutral and qualified non-player not blown a pretty obvious call. Pulling the "get over it" card is just stupid.

What happened out there was just another example of why I hate the current 'challenge' system.
Ha, sounds like someone wants some rules to be changed because they lost... Guess you guys won't be able to use that card against us anymore.
9-0 Baby, second longest winning streak in NFL history, soon to be first.

What about the pass interference on butler? that was a good call too?

Well, i hate to say it now but yes, the WR was slowing down to get into position and the CB ran right into his back knocking off his balance, JMO.

Well, i hate to say it now but yes, the WR was slowing down to get into position and the CB ran right into his back knocking off his balance, JMO.

No, The CB has every right to turn to the ball and make a play. The refs just love the colts. Im used to it. I see it every year.

No, The CB has every right to turn to the ball and make a play. The refs just love the colts. Im used to it. I see it every year.

If you run into a WR knocking off his balance they are going to call it every time everywhere.

Ha, sounds like someone wants some rules to be changed because they lost... Guess you guys won't be able to use that card against us anymore.
9-0 Baby, second longest winning streak in NFL history, soon to be first.

I want it changed because I think it's a stupid rule when it leaves a team without any recourse to challenge a bad call, and the notion that challenges are ok, but only 2-3 tops, has always seemed idiotic to me. If you're going to allow challenges, limiting them is stupid, since you aren't somehow able to limit the number of bad calls officials can potentially make in a game.

As a codicil, I have no problem with the "inside 2 minutes it must come from the replay booth" portion.

1.) There should be no limit on the number of challenges allowed.

2.) A lost challenge costs the challenging team a timeout. If that team does not have a timeout, it costs them 15 yards, essentially making it a personal foul for delay of game. Frankly, I'd prefer that all lost challenges result in the 15 yard penalty, but I can at least accept the lost timeout alternative.

If you run into a WR knocking off his balance they are going to call it every time everywhere.

No, i see that all the time. I see that on fly routes all the time. WR slows down to get a PI call but they dont get it because the CB was also looking back at the ball. Trying to make a play.

No, i see that all the time. I see that on fly routes all the time. WR slows down to get a PI call but they dont get it because the CB was also looking back at the ball. Trying to make a play.

Eh that's true, but in this case the ball was underthrown and he HAD to come back to it....IDK:shrug:

I want it changed because I think it's a stupid rule when it leaves a team without any recourse to challenge a bad call, and the notion that challenges are ok, but only 2-3 tops, has always seemed idiotic to me. If you're going to allow challenges, limiting them is stupid, since you aren't somehow able to limit the number of bad calls officials can potentially make in a game.

1.) There should be no limit on the number of challenges allowed.

The reason there's a limit and it wastes a timeout is because it stops the game for a good period of time to review the play. If there was no limit, anytime you want a TO you could just throw the red flag.

The reason there's a limit and it wastes a timeout is because it stops the game for a good period of time to review the play. If there was no limit, anytime you want a TO you could just throw the red flag.

No doubt, i don't think that he was thinking with that post

Back