Your thoughts on how we are doing.

Yeah, I guess dropping an interception that would have iced the game in the super bowl, has that effect on people.

Out of curiosity, if he's so good, then why have the Eagles been trying to get rid of him for a couple years, and why have there been no takers?

So one bad play and he sucks? Does Brady suck for under throwing Gronk while they were driving to go up by two scores in the Super Bowl? Does Welker suck for dropping the pass that would iced the game? Or how about this, why don't you just tell me what CB on the Patriots roster right now is better than Samuel?

Couldnt we say that about Welker dropping a pass in the SB that would have iced it? As they say, thats why corners are not wide receivers.

Have you heard me advocating that they should pay Welker a 4yr $40mil contract?

So one bad play and he sucks? Does Brady suck for under throwing Gronk while they were driving to go up by two scores in the Super Bowl? Does Welker suck for dropping the pass that would iced the game? Or how about this, why don't you just tell me what CB on the Patriots roster right now is better than Samuel?

I don't know if McCourty will return to form or not, but I do know that I don't want Samuel unless he takes a pay cut. Brandon Meriweather made the pro-bowl twice. I didn't want to pay him either.

The Eagles are trying to deal him again, and so far (like last year), there are no takers. His salary is too high.

I thought we were up two scores in the superbowl? Good question though, which corner on the roster is better than Samuals. I guess in the end, I have no problem with him being back here for the right price.

Only if they leave the team and sign elsewhere. At least that's how I see it. >)

You do not have to commit a bad play for that to be the case....once you leave, you are shark bait.

I thought we were up two scores in the superbowl? Good question though, which corner on the roster is better than Samuals. I guess in the end, I have no problem with him being back here for the right price.

Could have been, I always drink more when I'm nervous.:pyx: I just don't get the Samuel hate, if he comes back at the right $$$ he's easily woth a second round pick in my mind. For some to compare him to Meriweather is comical.

He's a 30+YO CB that they picked in the 4th rd in 03...he left on bad terms (thank you AWTE :) )and you think he's worth a 2nd rd pick in 2012?????????????

He's a 30+YO CB that they picked in the 4th rd in 03...he left on bad terms (thank you AWTE :) )and you think he's worth a 2nd rd pick in 2012?????????????

He's one of the top 10 CB's in NFL who would come in and easily be the best player we have in the secondary. Yes that's worth a 2nd round pick, or maybe I should name off some of the second round picks we have had over the last five years? Or better yet, if you feel like something to eat, there's a good chance you could meet up with one of them working the local drive through window.

He is a 30+ year old wideout, that was an undrafted Free agent, he is angry about his contract and will want to leave on bad terms if he is not given a contract this year, and you think he is worth 4 years 40 mil?

He's one of the top 10 CB's in NFL who would come in and easily be the best player we have in the secondary. Yes that's worth a 2nd round pick, or maybe I should name off some of the second round picks we have had over the last five years? Or better yet, if you feel like something to eat, there's a good chance you could meet up with one of them working the local drive through window.

In what parallel universe is this where Assante Samuel is one of the top 10 CBs in the league? Last season, he had 3 interceptions (tied for 31st place), 13 passes defended (tied for 51st place), and his combined tackles and assists number was 34 (tied for 160th place). Arrington was significantly better in all three, and McCourty was better in all but the interceptions (2).

In what parallel universe is this where Assante Samuel is one of the top 10 CBs in the league? Last season, he had 3 interceptions (tied for 31st place), 13 passes defended (tied for 51st place), and his combined tackles and assists number was 34 (tied for 160th place). Arrington was significantly better in all three, and McCourty was better in all but the interceptions (2).

Yea was used primarily in slot though because they got awesome....wha. The year before that when he was outside he had 7 ints in only 11 games, the year before that he had 9 ints.

Samuel has been a very good cover corner for many years. He's also always been a gambler (another way of saying "freelancer") and very tackle-shy. He's also never been a leader. In his heyday with the Pats, he was surround by guys/leaders (not only Harrison) who could compensate for his deficiencies and make it relatively safe for him to do his thing without disrupting the defense as a whole.

That's NOT the case with this Pats team.

It's not "hating on" Samuel to say that, on balance, his negatives would outweigh his positives within the context of the current Pats roster. There are a whole bunch of other experienced/accomplished DBs who also wouldn't fit well.

But, also, I can't say that Samuel would be objectively "better" than any of the Pats current DBs simply because, in the past, he's generated a lot of INTs and PDs. That would be like saying that Clay Matthews (who still can't play run defense worth a damn) would be objectively "better" for the Pats than, say, Ninko, simply because Matthews, in the past, has had more sacks (which, actually, was NOT the case in 2011).

Samuel has been a very good cover corner for many years. He's also always been a gambler (another way of saying "freelancer") and very tackle-shy. He's also never been a leader. In his heyday with the Pats, he was surround by guys/leaders (not only Harrison) who could compensate for his deficiencies and make it relatively safe for him to do his thing without disrupting the defense as a whole.

That's NOT the case with this Pats team.

It's not "hating on" Samuel to say that, on balance, his negatives would outweigh his positives within the context of the current Pats roster. There are a whole bunch of other experienced/accomplished DBs who also wouldn't fit well.

But, also, I can't say that Samuel would be objectively "better" than any of the Pats current DBs simply because, in the past, he's generated a lot of INTs and PDs. That would be like saying that Clay Matthews (who still can't play run defense worth a damn) would be objectively "better" for the Pats than, say, Ninko, simply because Matthews, in the past, has had more sacks (which, actually, was NOT the case in 2011).

Yeah its true...we do not need gamblers who are aggressive. We need guys that hang back 20 yards and let the receiver catch it underneath and hope we make the tackle so they only get first down after first down instead of something big all at once....that works well.

Yeah its true...we do not need gamblers who are aggressive. We need guys that hang back 20 yards and let the receiver catch it underneath and hope we make the tackle so they only get first down after first down instead of something big all at once....that works well.

It sounds like you are talking about Brandon Meriweather.

:)

It sounds like you are talking about Brandon Meriweather.

:)

I am talking about what we had on the field last year that let catch after catch get caught over and over and over, while laying back 20 yards...all the way down the field....3rd down? No problem...3rd and 15? No problem, someone will get open fast.

Back