2001 Tuck Rule Game

mgoblue101415 on 06-08-2007 at 03:36 PM said:
Course you mention that to any of the haters and they tell you to stop whining or being a homer. :shake: What the hell do they think they're doing??? WHINING about a damn play six years ago, for Christ's sake.
Pack of cheaters =D

Actually, even though I admit the play was called correctly (even though I think the rule itself is stupid) I say a couple of guys wearing "Brady Fumbled" T-shirts like the year after the game that had me cracking up.

The other funny thing, at least to me, is that the instant I see someone harrass patriot fans about the tuck rule, you guys, pretty much to a man (or woman as it were) IMMEDIATLY scream about the roughing the passer no call.

Not that roughing the passer is funny (depends on the QB) it's just the immediateness, and consistancy, of the reaction that I find humorous. Like there is some kind of unspoken rule amunst you that the uniform reaction to that play is to mention the roughing call.

What I find REALLY intresting though, would be to think about what would have happened to Brady's career had it been called a fumble (and the roughing call gone uncalled)

EDIT: btw, I'm just kidding with all this. I know it's a sensitive subject, so don't flame.

Steve1 on 06-08-2007 at 01:13 PM said:
Freakin Zach Crockett...what a joke! Why was he even the back on that play?!!
QUOTE]

I forgot all about that, but you are totally correct.

I can't remember the name of the Raiders primary back on that night but he was starting to really get rolling and then I believe took himself out of the game because he was "tired".

Crockett was primarily a blocking back for Greg.....what WAS his name? Anyways, if he is in the game on that carry I doubt that he gets stopped.

I always wondered what kind of pussy would take himself out of a championship game when all the cards are on the table.

Hawg73 on 06-08-2007 at 03:59 PM said:
I can't remember the name of the Raiders primary back on that night but he was starting to really get rolling and then I believe took himself out of the game because he was "tired".
Charlie Garner is the guy.

Things I noticed (didn't have the nutz to record the game at the time, too nervous and haven't seen it since until last night):
How many more times Gannon threw at Ty Law when the other CB was O-T-I-S. I mean I love me some O-T-I-S, but come on.

I MISS CHARLIE MFIN WEIS's feel for playcalling.
Changed up the gameplan at the half, and drove right down the field and scored. Yes it was a FG but still. Those middle passes to Brown started going to Patten instead and he was BALLIN' in the second half. Remember when the Pats had that HUGE string of scoring on their first drives of the game (broken by SF in the last game of 2004 I believe). Forgot how little Faulk played and that Sey didn't start (disciplinary?). JR Redmond had a helluva day too. It was a little sad seeing how many guys weren't there anymore.
Also interesting to see how Brady was then vs. now as a QB.

Wonder if Tory James was watching that game?:D

AND YES GODDAMNIT I CRIED WHEN THAT FG WENT THROUGH...the first one, I knew the second one was a no brainer. ;)
Biggest smiles were seeing the patented Paxton snow angel and watching Brady plant himself spiking the ball after his td.

Did anyone hear in the 4th quarter when Simms was talking and someone threw a snowball in the booth. At first he sounded pissed, but then made a joke of it. I don't remember that before, but found it pretty funny when it happened.

backofthepack on 06-09-2007 at 09:40 AM said:
Did anyone hear in the 4th quarter when Simms was talking and someone threw a snowball in the booth. At first he sounded pissed, but then made a joke of it. I don't remember that before, but found it pretty funny when it happened.

I heard that. He announced that he could identify the guy as if he were trying to get him thrown out but then didn't mention it again. He may have been pointing the guy out to someone else in the booth so security could get him. It sounded to me like Gumble may have gotten hit.

One thing I didn't recall from before was the graphic they put up just before Adam hit the tying FG.

He had missed 4 out of 5 (or something like that) from that range during the season.

We all take it for granted that Adam is money in a pressure situation, but that was the kick that started that trend.

It certainly didn't look good OPT. I was shocked when he made that kick. I really thought the Pats had to get a TD on that drive.

Another thing I forgot about that game was that Troy Brown fumbled a punt return. Two Raiders had a shot at recovering it, but Izzo landed on it thankfully.

Back