2016 Pats Draft

Alex Collins runs behind a really good run blocking O-line too. And that may be making him look better than he is.
Yes, Arkansas had a good offensive line last year. But I like Collins because he has quick feet and can side step tacklers. He runs with patience and shows good vision on runs between the tackles. He's a one speed guy though like the Lawfirm. He has no second gear. I don't think you will see many long runs from him in the NFL.
Kenneth Dixon (Louisiana Tech) is my favorite RB in this draft. 802 carries for 4483 yds and 87 catches for 969 yds and 87 combined TDs over four years. Zero fumbles all four years.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kenneth-dixon-1.html
CBS Sports has Dixon with a 63.5 fumble rate. According to Sport Reference Dixon had 889 plays from scrimmage over four years. 889 divided by 63.5 equals 14. So according to CBS Sports Dixon had 14 fumbles during his four years in college. :huh:

CBS Sports has Dixon with a 63.5 fumble rate. According to Sport Reference Dixon had 889 plays from scrimmage over four years. 889 divided by 63.5 equals 14. So according to CBS Sports Dixon had 14 fumbles during his four years in college. :huh:

Ooh yeah, sports-reference must've gotten it wrong. Now I see stats on other sites that indicate plenty of fumbles. Too many fumbles. Drat!

Is Kelvin Taylor any good? I didn't know that he was Fred's son!

I already know Elliott is a stud...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Difficult day for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> LB Jaylon Smith, who had his medicals. Ankle & knee nerve issues, teams believe he's out for 2016 -- at least</p>— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/703346089454411777">26. Februar 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Smith is the second highest rated linebacker on NFL.com and also carries the fifth highest grade in the entire draft class according to Lance Zierlein.

Smith will not play for any team in 2016. People I have talked to who would know, say that he will need at least a full year of rehab and maybe more. He would be a good pick in the 3rd should he still be there. There have already been a number of teams remove him from their draft board altogether. Patriots as it was pointed out could handle stashing him for a full season.

Smith will not play for any team in 2016. People I have talked to who would know, say that he will need at least a full year of rehab and maybe more. He would be a good pick in the 3rd should he still be there. There have already been a number of teams remove him from their draft board altogether. Patriots as it was pointed out could handle stashing him for a full season.

Might work but might not. Not having a first rounder makes getting impact players that can help you now more important, IMO. Especially in the third round. If he's there when they use the Revis comp pick, that might make more sense.

Is Kelvin Taylor any good? I didn't know that he was Fred's son!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uYfESMocZm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks quick and runs hard, but seems to go down rather easily like James White. He's graded as a backup or eventual starter on NFL.com.

<iframe title="Twitter Tweet" data-tweet-id="703346089454411777" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 208.067px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Smith is the second highest rated linebacker on NFL.com and also carries the fifth highest grade in the entire draft class according to Lance Zierlein.

Might make sense in the lower rounds...
<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Should be better than what Chandler did last year...

At the very least Williams should qualify for BB's athletic requirements. Insane speed. Unfortunately, he wasn't very productive at the Univ. of the Cumberlands. http://www.cumberlandspatriots.com/roster/18/5/11938.php
Looks like he played in a run heavy option offense. They only attempted 115 passes over ten games, but run the ball 548 times. Their quarterback had the second most rushing attemps (130) and gained the second most rushing yards (834). The team has it's own channel on Youtube with highlights from some of their games, but the camera angle makes it difficult (for me) to figur out their offense.

Wiliams led the team in receiving yards and was 2nd in receptions.

That's what I thought you were saying...and I don't see how Godcomplexdell could do much about it.
He can do anything he wants. That's pretty clear post-deflategate.

I'm just waiting until some other team pisses him off and screws them over and they bitch. I want to hear Kraft's response.

Upcoming Pro Days

Tues. Auburn
Wed. Bama & Rutgers
Fri. Ohio St.

Bama & Ohio St. combine for at least 20 good NFL prospects.

NFLN gave out "medals" for schools for top combine performances and while that is sort of lame, it was interesting that ZERO SEC schools were in the top 5, and OSU was #1.

BB was practically running the DL drills at Alabama today. They showed him on NFLN when they were covering the pro day. This might be a rare "Saban player high" year, unless this is how he usually acts at their pro days.

I like Alabama OLB Dillon Lee 6'4" 243lbs, and hope BB does too.

Back