2016 Pats Draft

Ron Brace was a big disappointment. Not that any of the 2nd rounders that failed to make it are more or less disappointing, but when he was drafted I was convinced he would be a "PLAYER"! But, alas, the occasional flash and a flame out...
He was the worst of the 4 2nd round picks. Vollmer turned out to be the only good selection. Bulter had a ok career in NE. Chung I considered a bust. During his first stint with the pats. They picked Chung right before rams got James Laurinaitis. Who I thought would be great selection for the pats .

I expect they could package their 2nd and 3rd rounder to move up the draft board easy enough. This year, with the 3rd round comp pick they are expected to get from the loss of Revis would be a good time to do it.

I don't think that you can trade comp picks...I could be wrong though.

I don't think that you can trade comp picks...I could be wrong though.

That isn't what I said or meant. I was pointing out that they could trade their 2nd and 3rd rounder to move up and still have a 3rd rounder from the Revis comp.

Maybe it wasn't clear.

Just read this thread now for the first time, and was coming to into post about that Doctson. I loved his hands, he has nice size too and is supposedly a good/willing blocker. LOTS of natural hands catchers today at the Combine. Slow as crap as a WR class, but nice catchers of the football.

Also, Greg Olsen was helping with the TE coverage today on NFLN and he was great. He's definitely media bound if he wants to be when he is done playing.

i don't remember that. what did he say?

I think he was dogging the Pats when they lost to the donkos...something about not being able to run or block at all. Then he said that will never happen in the superbowl with the Panthers, cuz the Panthers are actually great at doing that. :coffee:

Kiper and Mayock identified wide receiver, cornerback and tackle as the Patriots' most significant needs, but were split on the biggest need. Kiper believes the Patriots should focus on wide receiver when it's their turn to pick in the second round.​
Although this draft isn’t thought to be as stocked at the receiver position as some previous drafts, there should be several intriguing possibilities for the 60th pick.​
“They need a true 6-foot-1, 6-foot-2 wide receiver,” Kiper said. “I think if you look at this year, the depth at that position is OK, not great. The first round is not good at all, but there are some guys that aren’t going to go in the first round that are going to be interesting.”​
Kiper identified Braxton Miller (Ohio State), Michael Thomas (Ohio State), Leonte Carroo (Rutgers) and Pharoh Cooper (South Carolina) as day-two possibilities.​
“I think there’s going to be some really nice options from a true wide receiver standpoint available for the New England Patriots,” he said. “I think that is what they have to go after. They have other needs obviously, but I think a true wide receiver is important.”​
Mayock identified offensive tackle as the Patriots biggest need.​
“They probably have to be looking at some offensive linemen, and obviously they got beat up this year badly up front,” Mayock said. “They started or played -- they had three rookies play significant time in that interior offensive line, one of whom didn't even get invited to the Combine last year, Shaq Mason. So they could be looking at a tackle in that spot.”

http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...ds-if-not-on-number-one-priority?rssfeed=true

Kiper and Mayock identified wide receiver, cornerback and tackle as the Patriots' most significant needs, but were split on the biggest need. Kiper believes the Patriots should focus on wide receiver when it's their turn to pick in the second round.​
Although this draft isn’t thought to be as stocked at the receiver position as some previous drafts, there should be several intriguing possibilities for the 60th pick.​
“They need a true 6-foot-1, 6-foot-2 wide receiver,” Kiper said. “I think if you look at this year, the depth at that position is OK, not great. The first round is not good at all, but there are some guys that aren’t going to go in the first round that are going to be interesting.”​
Kiper identified Braxton Miller (Ohio State), Michael Thomas (Ohio State), Leonte Carroo (Rutgers) and Pharoh Cooper (South Carolina) as day-two possibilities.​
“I think there’s going to be some really nice options from a true wide receiver standpoint available for the New England Patriots,” he said. “I think that is what they have to go after. They have other needs obviously, but I think a true wide receiver is important.”​
Mayock identified offensive tackle as the Patriots biggest need.​
“They probably have to be looking at some offensive linemen, and obviously they got beat up this year badly up front,” Mayock said. “They started or played -- they had three rookies play significant time in that interior offensive line, one of whom didn't even get invited to the Combine last year, Shaq Mason. So they could be looking at a tackle in that spot.”

http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...ds-if-not-on-number-one-priority?rssfeed=true

But these are the players/positions the Pats are targeting at the Combine.

Running backs
Alex Collins, Arkansas: Round 2.
Jordan Howard, Indiana: Round 2.
Kelvin Taylor, Florida: Round 4.
Glenn Gronkowski, Kansas State: Late-round pick.
Dan Vitale, Northwestern: Late round pick.
Wide Receivers
Pharoh Cooper, South Carolina: Round 4.
Jalin Marshall, Ohio State: Late round pick.
Offensive Linemen
Brandon Shell, South Carolina: Round 4.
Jerald Hawkins, LSU: Round 3.
Linebackers
Su’a Cravens, USC: Round 2.
Jordan Jenkins, Georgia: Round 3.
Kamalei Correa, Boise State: Round 3.
C.J. Johnson, Ole Miss: Late round pick/Undrafted.
Defensive Ends
Jonathan Bullard, Florida: Round 2.
Yannick Ngakoue, Maryland: Round 2.
Dadi Nicolas, Virginia Tech: Round 4.
Alex McCallister, Florida: Late round pick.
Defensive tackles
Austin Johnson, Penn State: Round 1-2.
Jihad Ward, Illinois: Round 3.
Hassan Ridgeway, Texas: Late round pick.
Cornerbacks
Will Redmond, Mississippi State: Round 3.
Xavien Howard, Baylor: Round 4
D.J. White, Georgia Tech: Round 4
James Bradberry, Samford: Late round pick.
Safeties
Deon Bush, Miami: Round 4.
Bill Belichick’s best Patriots draft picks
<figure>
TW.jpg
Previous 1 of 24 Next
<figcaption class="content-media__caption content-media__caption--embed"> No. 20: Ty Warren, Defensive Lineman, 1st round, 2003The Boston Globe/John Tlumacki

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...nfl-combine/z3LxLm1dyelbOWqG6UIlZN/story.html

</figcaption> </figure>

I like Alex Collins, but his career fumble rate is bad. He fumbled once every 43.3 offensive touch. That's not as brutal as Ameer Abdullah's fumble rate (35.4), but it's still pretty bad. Could his issues be fixed with better technique? :huh:

Kelvin Taylor on the other hand never fumbled the ball in college. And Jordan Howard's fumble rate is pretty decent (111.8).

I like Alex Collins, but his career fumble rate is bad. He fumbled once every 43.3 offensive touch. That's not as brutal as Ameer Abdullah's fumble rate (35.4), but it's still pretty bad. Could his issues be fixed with better technique? :huh:

Kelvin Taylor on the other hand never fumbled the ball in college. And Jordan Howard's fumble rate is pretty decent (111.8).

Alex Collins runs behind a really good run blocking O-line too. And that may be making him look better than he is.

Kenneth Dixon (Louisiana Tech) is my favorite RB in this draft. 802 carries for 4483 yds and 87 catches for 969 yds and 87 combined TDs over four years. Zero fumbles all four years.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kenneth-dixon-1.html

I think we can just go ahead and pencil in Devon Cajuste at some point. White, ridiculous 3 cone time, and somewhat unheard of. It's like the perfect storm.

I think we can just go ahead and pencil in Devon Cajuste at some point. White, ridiculous 3 cone time, and somewhat unheard of. It's like the perfect storm.

I'm on board with this.. All he does is make plays. Don't know why you don't hear more buzz about him.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Alex Collins runs behind a really good run blocking O-line too. And that may be making him look better than he is.

Kenneth Dixon (Louisiana Tech) is my favorite RB in this draft. 802 carries for 4483 yds and 87 catches for 969 yds and 87 combined TDs over four years. Zero fumbles all four years.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kenneth-dixon-1.html

Reminds me of Tony Collins.

Back