2016 Suicide Pool

So now what? Leave it as is, with 2 winners? Or how about we continue next year, see how far we can get?

Continuing Den-In-NH's tradition, here it is. The 2016 Suicide Pool is officially open.

To recap the idea - each week each contestant is to pick one team which they believe will win. If that team does indeed win they advance to the next week. If that team loses or ties they are eliminated from the competition. A non-pick for any given week is considered a losing pick - so don't forget to get your pick in each week!

Here is the caveat - once you have picked a team, you cannot reuse it at any later point. Each week you must pick a team which you have not picked previously. This requires some strategic forethought and a thorough consideration of the entire schedule to ensure you can go the distance.

Each pick is to be formally and publicly announced in this thread prior to kickoff of the first game of each week here in this thread. I will be keeping track of the picks, making sure no one repeats a pick etc. Those who move on and those who are out will be posted each week. The last man or woman standing is the winner.

Homeless Joe won last year in Week 2. Hopefully we fare better this year.

Rules:
1. Pick one team that you "guarantee" will win that week.
2. You can only pick a team once during the season.
3. Your pick for the week is due in this thread by kickoff of the first game.
4. Post your pick in this thread.
5. I will acknowledge your pick. If I don't, it is because you are blocked. Tough shit.
6. Last one standing wins.

Good luck and Go Pats!

:patriotlogo:

This is the original post. I call your attention to rule #2. Is the "season" the regular season, or all the way through the SB? Perhaps Boston Tim, Esq. can make a ruling on this? If the season ended today, is there is no winner (rule #6)? Perhaps he can rule on this as well. :shrug_n:

Regardless, congrats to you both on an epic suicide pool. :toast:

Also, both of you have used 10/12 teams in the playoffs, leaving only 2 teams to pick from (my math may need to be checked as I have been drinking since kickoff.)

Didn't matter, except that the Steelers game would have taken ten years off your life. Congrats. You are fricking undefeated, 17-0.

Congratulations to you as well, spacecrime. Double 17-0!
We're both regular season winners.
I wonder how far back we'd have to go in Planet history to find that? Good fun.

We each have 2 teams according to bmooney. Should we play it out or call it now? I'm good with continuing with our 2 teams (I haven't checked his math) but I'll do whatever.

Congratulations, guys!

How about a reset for the playoffs, and raise the stakes, with each of you picking a two-team parlay for each weekend?

Apologies to spacecrime for not recognizing you as well. Amazing season for both of you.

Apologies to spacecrime for not recognizing you as well. Amazing season for both of you.
Thanks. My goal was to make it past Week 3 for once. I was very lucky. Many games came down to the last possession and two were OT games.

Not sure how a playoff suicide pool would work. If you pick wrong, you're out, if you pick right, your team advances but you can't use it any more, so the teams available to you are only the teams that are now out of the playoffs.... :shrug_n:

Congratulations to you as well, spacecrime. Double 17-0!
We're both regular season winners.
I wonder how far back we'd have to go in Planet history to find that? Good fun.

We each have 2 teams according to bmooney. Should we play it out or call it now? I'm good with continuing with our 2 teams (I haven't checked his math) but I'll do whatever.
I'll defer to you on this one. Whatever's good with you is fine with me. I've been playing with house money since Week Three when the Browns took the Dolphins (my pick) to OT and should have won.

Chevss454-Eagles, Ravens, Dolphins, Redskins, Vikings, Bills, Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs, Cardinals, Giants, Titans, Seahawks, Lions, Falcons, Raiders, Patriots

I'll pick for the WC weekend but I really think we both won, SC. Co-winners?
Steelers

Chevss454-Eagles, Ravens, Dolphins, Redskins, Vikings, Bills, Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs, Cardinals, Giants, Titans, Seahawks, Lions, Falcons, Raiders, Patriots

I'll pick for the WC weekend but I really think we both won, SC. Co-winners?
Steelers

Are we re-setting for the weekend? I don't think I have any teams left that are playing this weekend.

Edit: I Haven't used Green Bay yet. I'll take the Packers.

Are we re-setting for the weekend? I don't think I have any teams left that are playing this weekend.

We can re-set if you want. I'll stick with the Steelers anyway.

Congrats guys. Amazing. Odds defying. :thumb:

Edit #2: Oops. I already used the Packers. I have two teams unused, the Texans and Cowboys. Since the Cowboys aren't playing, I have to take the TEXANS. Next week I'll take the Cowboys, then I'm out of teams.

We can re-set if you want. I'll stick with the Steelers anyway.
I can last two weeks if my two remaining teams (Texans and Cowboys) win this week and next, and I'm okay with doing that if that's what you prefer.

I do think it would be more interesting to get all 12 teams into our arsenal, though. I'd love to see us both go 21-0.

Spacecrime:

Seahawks
Panthers
Dolphins
Broncos
Steelers
Cardinals
Bengals
Titans
Chiefs
Ravens
Patriots
Giants
Raiders
Lions
Bills
Packers
Falcons
Texans

COWBOYS

Chevss454-Eagles, Ravens, Dolphins, Redskins, Vikings, Bills, Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs, Cardinals, Giants, Titans, Seahawks, Lions, Falcons, Raiders, Patriots, Steelers

All I have left is the
Texans

Nutkick

Chevss454-Eagles, Ravens, Dolphins, Redskins, Vikings, Bills, Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs, Cardinals, Giants, Titans, Seahawks, Lions, Falcons, Raiders, Patriots, Steelers

All I have left is the
Texans

Nutkick
THis is funny. My last team available is the COwboys. Seems like we are each rooting for our team to lose, and I would LOVE to see Jerrah to go one and done again. That said, for the first I can;t wish you good luck. Win, lose of draw, it has been fun competing with you these last weeks.

THis is funny. My last team available is the COwboys. Seems like we are each rooting for our team to lose, and I would LOVE to see Jerrah to go one and done again. That said, for the first I can;t wish you good luck. Win, lose of draw, it has been fun competing with you these last weeks.

From my pov I'd love the Pats to play the Cowboys in the SB just to take Jerrah down a notch or 2. I'd love that.

Yes this has been fun but I actually never thought of it as competing...more like just figuring out the next team with a chance to squeak out a win. In a way it was validation of my own assessment of the different teams. I don't think I've ever made it beyond week 5 before so this was really fun.
So thanks, SC and Congratulations to you if your Cowboys win.
If my Texans win, I won't be back here for at least 2 weeks. :sulk:

Back