2019 AFC Wildcard Round - Titans @Patriots

I'm not in the least fearful of the Titans. Go Pats. You'd think it was a season ending loss. The Pats sucked last December too. Should be a hell of a game, and if the Pats win it the Miami game will be forgotten damned quick. And if they lose, I've got nothing to complain about, no team will ever go on a run like the Pats have, so all the trolls can go fuck themselves and enjoy their one and done, if "one" even happens.

We are running the tables. And to quote the goat” I know. Everybody thinks we suck. It should be fun” we are going to demolish everybody. BB has been waiting for this all season. We unleash the hounds now. LFG it’s our time. We love adversity and it’s here in our face. This is it. Hope BB puts this up in the meeting room for all I care. Destiny is here. Take it. Prove them all wrong. Become the best franchise ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This should be a very interesting game for the Pats & Titans.

First, it is a welcome home ordeal for Titans Mike Vrabel, Dean Pees, Dion Lewis, Malcolm Butler, Ryan Logan, et al.

Second, these two teams will see each other 3 times this season and play in different AFC Divisions.

Third, in the last regular season game Derrick Henry did not play because he was injured and from what I saw Sat, in Houston playing their 1st string D, they just could not stop Henry who rushed for like 200 total yards with a 65 yard long touch down,hins one of three for the day. Even though Henry is 255ish and a locomotive, if he gets into the secondary - "See Ya Later" So, after seeing what Phins RB Laird did to Pats run D, 4 rushes 48 yard 4 of the MANY 1st downs of the Phins. I hope Pats D will plan for a locomotive like none they have EVERY played against and Titans O Line is not a sieve like Pats either. So, swarming gang tackling deluxe this Sat.

Lastly, I see many GOAT dynasty posts etc. but what I did not see is for the 11 consecutive time Division Champs loosing their last 2 regular season games at home to division opponents. I would like to get some answers to the following questions of 7 & 9 year old Pat fans:
1. How come the Pats lost to Bills when they won their division?

2. Next week, How come the Pats lost to Dolphins when they won their division?

3. Why does Pat loose home games to their division opponents? Don't they are about their fans?

Unfortunately, I had no answers for these friends children! :banghead:

I think this game will be indicative of how the postseason will go. If they come out guns blazing, watch out. If they come out flat like they did against the Dolphins... onto next season. I'm really, really, hoping for the former.

I think we can handle the Titans, no disrespect to them, but Bill and the defense will be ready for Henry and they'll handle Tannehill I'm sure.

I'll give him credit for having a good season, but a part of me just doesn't buy it.

Quick story.

September of last season the Phins came into Foxboro with Tanny at QB.

The Pats were just curb stomping them and at some point in the 3rd quarter I returned from the Men's room and stopped for a second to chat with the Usher in my section. He said "Tannehill really sucks" and I agreed, but added that he was due for an INT any second. He says "that'd be nice" and I took my seat.

On the next play Tannehill throws a Pick. I look down at the Usher and he is already pointing up at me with huge grin on his face. I just shrugged like it was obviously going to happen. Tannehill gonna Tannehill.

Just a passing reminder:

Fitzy just pushed our collective stool in somewhere between an Oz shower scene and a wooded Deliverance scene.

He was NOT the leagues highest rated passer.

Just a passing reminder:

Fitzy just pushed our collective stool in somewhere between an Oz shower scene and a wooded Deliverance scene.

He was NOT the leagues highest rated passer.

True but fitz had nothing to lose and has played like that all season. On another day he could have just as easily thrown 5 picks.

That said I’ve thought for 2 years the Titans team has been really underrated. They are a complete team. They have enough different pieces on offense to attack defenses where they are weak. The have a good line, WRs, TEs, a great running back, and finally a QB who can make it work. This team would be a tough out for anyone. Due to injury they are weak in the secondary but NE doesn’t have the WRs to really take advantage of it.
I think the Pats get the win, but it’ll be close and tough.

I'm not in the least fearful of the Titans. Go Pats. You'd think it was a season ending loss. The Pats sucked last December too. Should be a hell of a game, and if the Pats win it the Miami game will be forgotten damned quick. And if they lose, I've got nothing to complain about, no team will ever go on a run like the Pats have, so all the trolls can go fuck themselves and enjoy their one and done, if "one" even happens.

Unfortunately, the lost home game in the divisional round or the lack of rest from a bye week (especially if there are any injuries during the Titans game) will most definitely NOT be forgotten... Especially by me.

They pissed away a golden opportunity. They made thing needlessly more difficult for themselves. Now we just have to hope that they can overcome it.

I'm not worried about the Titans perse. I'm more worried about injuries we could suffer during that game that would royally fuck us against the Chiefs.

I'm not worried about the Titans perse. I'm more worried about injuries we could suffer during that game that would royally fuck us against the Chiefs.

If you make it through the Titans, Chiefs and Ravens you've definitely earned a SB appearance.

From Paul Kuharsky, NFL reporter who covers the Titans for ESPN's NFL Nation since 2013. Kuharsky writes for ESPN.com and appears on SportsCenter, NFL Insiders, NFL Live and ESPN Radio.

Apparently there's no love lost between Vrabel and BB.

The Titans and Patriots are separated by over 1,000 miles and six Lombardi Trophies.

Tennessee and everyone in the NFL would like to model New England’s success, and while the Titans have some Patriots DNA we’d think connects them, two of the Nashville guys with strong ties to New England will tell you those ties aren’t so strong anymore.

Logan Ryan’s been playing Nashville for three seasons, just a year less than he played for the Patriots. And Mike Vrabel may have suited up for the Pats for eight seasons and won three rings, but he was quick to point out his utter lack of sentiment for the franchise as soon as the Titans-Patriots playoff matchup was set.

“I haven’t had a paycheck with a Patriots logo on it since 2008,” Vrabel said. “So, no different than going and coaching against someone with the Texans or coaching against them last year. It’s a huge challenge to go up there and try to win.”

Anyone who knocks off the Patriots in the playoffs at Gillette Stadium is accomplishing something special. With key leadership bred by New England, the Titans are less likely to get caught up in Patriot Way.

Perhaps being bred there actually prepares you not to regard winning there as any intensely different accomplishment than any other postseason road win. After all, th***e Patriots just go where they have to and do what they have to and Vrabel speaks frequently about how that’s all his team is trying to do.
Learn that there and live that when you leave there.

Vrabel, Ryan, Jon Robinson, Dean Pees and Dion Lewis could help lead the team to regard a Titans’ victory Saturday night as what they were supposed to do and what they expected to do and not some monumental No. 6 seed over No. 3 seed upset and breakthrough. If it happens, Nashville fans are ready to call it the end of the Patriots’ dynasty.

That would be completely premature. New England doesn’t win it all every year. Tom Brady is older and his future less certain than ever with real free agency actually pending. But If the Patriots lose this week, next week, in the AFC Championship or in the Super Bowl, it will hardly assure they are finished and won’t quickly re-emerge to win again.

Tennessee’s operation is hardly all about being Patriot-like. But, of course, there are elements of Bill Belichick’s operation they want to mimic. That’s the case for the entire league.

The Patriot Way? “Isn’t that the street the movie theater is on?” Vrabel said when asked what it meant to him and if he remembered when he first heard it. “I don’t know. I didn’t come up with it, so I don’t know. …”
“I think everybody’s striving to be able to take advantage of whatever mistakes other teams would make, and I think that the Patriots have done that. They’ll feast on bad football.”

The Titans have to force some and do the same Saturday.
=============================================

There's not much difference between "not kissing the rings" and making fun of the Patriots culture as Vrabel does above. My memories and feelings toward Vrabel completely changed after reading this article. Screw him.

BTW, when you read how well the Titans have done and how many points they are scoring since Tannehill has been starting, remember their opponents for his 9 games rank an average of 19th on defense for points allowed & only 3 are ranked in the top 15. The Patriots are 1st.

Otoh, they do have players to watch and some things to know about them.

AJBrown. Rookie WR who has 52 rec for 1100 yds and 8 TDs. He's done what Harry shoulda/coulda done.

Derrick Henry. He's good.
Tannehill. Yeah, him. He's playing pretty well with a lot of confidence especially on PA passes which work bc of a balanced run/pass offense. QBR is a lofty 143 on PA.

Tenn. starts slowly. In 5 of their 7 losses, the Titans have been shut out in the 1st half. In another loss they had 1 score.

Logan Ryan is their best DB. Just imagine. Malcolm Butler is on IR.
Their kicker is worse than ours. They are on their 5th FG kicker and the one they have now hasn't attempted a FG for them yet.

The Titans' best chance of beating the Pats is to get to Brady quickly. They did it last year during their regular season 34-10 win.

John Hussey's crew is officiating the game. Hussey has worked three Patriots games since being promoted to referee in 2015: he called the team’s 33-8 win over the Raiders in 2017, the 43-40 victory against the Chiefs last season, and New England’s 24-17 win versus the Bills — arguably the Patriots’ best game of the season — earlier this year. And in all three games, Hussey and his crew did not have an impact on the outcome. The Patriots were flagged a combined five times during the three games: Hussey penalized the team two times for a loss of 10 yards against Oakland, did not throw a single flag against New England one year later, and called only three infractions for a combined 30 yards versus Buffalo.

Hussey tends to let the teams play.

But this is an "All Star" crew and does have 1 official from Boger's crew.
R 35 John Hussey
U 81 Roy Ellison (Adrian Hill)
DJ 68 Tom Stephan (Walt Anderson)
LJ 59 Rusty Baynes (Jerome Boger)
FJ 97 Tom Hill (Shawn Hochuli)
SJ 3 Scott Edwards (Ron Torbert)
BJ 39 Rich Martinez (Shawn Hochuli)
Replay official: Billy Smith
Replay assistant: Andrew Lambert
Alternates: Bill Vinovich (R), Alan Eck (U), David Oliver (DJ), Ryan Dickson (FJ)

John Hussey's crew is officiating the game. Hussey has worked three Patriots games since being promoted to referee in 2015: he called the team’s 33-8 win over the Raiders in 2017, the 43-40 victory against the Chiefs last season, and New England’s 24-17 win versus the Bills — arguably the Patriots’ best game of the season — earlier this year. And in all three games, Hussey and his crew did not have an impact on the outcome. The Patriots were flagged a combined five times during the three games: Hussey penalized the team two times for a loss of 10 yards against Oakland, did not throw a single flag against New England one year later, and called only three infractions for a combined 30 yards versus Buffalo.

Hussey tends to let the teams play.

But this is an "All Star" crew and does have 1 official from Boger's crew.
R 35 John Hussey
U 81 Roy Ellison (Adrian Hill)
DJ 68 Tom Stephan (Walt Anderson)
LJ 59 Rusty Baynes (Jerome Boger)
FJ 97 Tom Hill (Shawn Hochuli)
SJ 3 Scott Edwards (Ron Torbert)
BJ 39 Rich Martinez (Shawn Hochuli)
Replay official: Billy Smith
Replay assistant: Andrew Lambert
Alternates: Bill Vinovich (R), Alan Eck (U), David Oliver (DJ), Ryan Dickson (FJ)

Wait!?!

:OMG:

Is t the LJ the guy that rules out of bounds?

Like, as in the Harry call?

That dude should be fortunate to be handling Pop Warner games.

Ryan Tannahill (4) is second to Peyton Manning (6) in Wins over the Patriots in the Brady/Belichick Era

we are Doomed!!!!!!!!

Wait!?!

:OMG:

Is t the LJ the guy that rules out of bounds?

Like, as in the Harry call?

That dude should be fortunate to be handling Pop Warner games.

I would think that the SJ would do that but he can't be on both sides at the field at once. Maybe the LJ is on the opposite side of the field as the SJ and performs the same task?

Back