Status
Not open for further replies.

I just can't listen to numbskull Ted Johnson for 47 minutes giving his dumbass take on BB and this team compared to the 2001 team.
He's so biased against BB - he has his own axe to grind - I just can't.

Can you paraphrase what Perry has to say about the comparison, please?
I really don't want to hear 1 word that Johnson utters.

I just can't listen to numbskull Ted Johnson for 47 minutes giving his dumbass take on BB and this team compared to the 2001 team.

He actually wasn't too bad on BB...he basically agrees with Phil, but, has to be a bit biased on the team that he was a part of.

Thankfully Porter had stone hands or we'd be talking about how Bledsoe killed us in the AFCCG. He did make one of the best throws of his career for a 1st down that sealed the game, I'll give him that.
It happened earlier than I remembered but the pass I'm talking about is at 2:11:40 of the YT video. Such a fantastic and ballsy throw at a critical point, it was only a couple of plays after the near pick 6 too.

View: https://youtu.be/ImAU0lJ8BN0?t=7895

I don't care for him, but he's good in this one. Basically he thinks the offense is more balanced now than then, the defense was more balanced then than now. He talks about team building and buy in to BB. He said both teams bought in.

I don't care for him, but he's good in this one. Basically he thinks the offense is more balanced now than then, the defense was more balanced then than now. He talks about team building and buy in to BB. He said both teams bought in.
Yeah, I'm usualy with chevs on Johnson, too. But, you're right, his analysis on this podcast is spots on and he says nothing about Bill other than shower him with praise. Could not believe it was the same guy. Well worth listening to.that one.

See post #26.

Yeah, I'm usualy with chevs on Johnson, too. But, you're right, his analysis on this podcast is spots on and he says nothing about Bill other than shower him with praise. Could not believe it was the same guy. Well worth listening to.that one.

That's so unlike him! I still can't stand watching him spitting and slobbering while he speaks.

Balloonhead Johnson spent the last decade down in Houston trashing BB so now he thinks he can get away with acting like nothing ever happened. I am sure he helped lie about Deflategate and all the other garbage. He never got over BB showing him the door because he was too slow to play in the changing league. Yet, he's another guy who essentially owes his SB rings to BB and how his play IMPROVED after Carroll left and BB arrived, just like all the other good or great players in Bruschi, Milloy, Law, McGinest, etc. That's not a coincidence.

If I am not mistaken, he was arrested for domestic violence as well. I'm not a huge fan. I'm kinda surprised people thought he was employable in this market.

As for the topic, this team has more talent on it, and it's also younger. BB's 2000 draft wasn't very good (other than Brady himself), and these recent drafts by BB in 2019, 2020 and obviously this year with the immediate returns, are actually better yields than what happened in the 2000/2001 drafts in terms of player impact. I would equate Seymour in 2001 to what Barmore is doing this year, for example.

The FA moves are somewhat comparable:

Vrabel, Terrell Buckley, Hamilton, Bryan Cox, etc are equatable to Judon, Van Noy, Adrian Phillips, etc, etc.

But, I think the offense has more talent on it as well compared to 2001. The line is better. The RBs are arguably better than Antowain Smith and Faulk, the TEs are absolutely better and the WRs I think it's fair call them equal out of respect for Brown and Patten.

On D, this D is deeper and easily an equal to the 2001 D. FOr every Bobby Hamilton, you get a Deatrich Wise type. For every Ty Law or Milloy, you get a JC Jackson or an Adrian Phillips (used differently).

I think our D is more versatile and deeper, therefore a bit better. Also, if I am not mistaken, NE's D was ranked 24th in 2001. It was experience and opportunistic, but I think people are forgetting they weren't a wagon until 2003/2004.

So, pound for pound, talent-wise and depth, I think 2021>2001.

I laid a 100 bucks down on the Pats representing the AFC in the SB just last night.

They may not end up the number 1seed as they have a tougher road ahead than KC to end the season but I see them taking out KC mostly with this teriffic defense in the AFCCG to get to the big show.

Tonights KC/LAC game should be a good one. Looking forward to it.

Don't think I need to say much more about where I think this team is at. Coming together at the perfect time in most every phase. I see no major glaring and evident weakness in any of the 3 phases currently.

And yes, this is almost a mirror image of what happened in 2001 with this side of the mirror reflecting considerably more on field talent and a surprise to me, exceptional coaching staff after so many quality coaches have been poached the last few years.

I ain't afraid of no football gods. 😅

Go Pats!!!!

He does have CTE...so, he's most likely somewhat damaged here and there.

Thankfully Porter had stone hands or we'd be talking about how Bledsoe killed us in the AFCCG. He did make one of the best throws of his career for a 1st down that sealed the game, I'll give him that.
Had to love that absurd over the shoulder blind Heinsohn hook-shot pass. :rofl:

I laid a 100 bucks down on the Pats representing the AFC in the SB just last night.

They may not end up the number 1seed as they have a tougher road ahead than KC to end the season but I see them taking out KC mostly with this teriffic defense in the AFCCG to get to the big show.

Tonights KC/LAC game should be a good one. Looking forward to it.

Don't think I need to say much more about where I think this team is at. Coming together at the perfect time in most every phase. I see no major glaring and evident weakness in any of the 3 phases currently.

And yes, this is almost a mirror image of what happened in 2001 with this side of the mirror reflecting considerably more on field talent and a surprise to me, exceptional coaching staff after so many quality coaches have been poached the last few years.

I ain't afraid of no football gods. 😅

Go Pats!!!!
I just assume the Gods are on aside. They can't be on GODell's side

History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.

After 14 games:
2001 Patriots: 9-5
2021 Patriots: 9-5

Tom Brady game average through 14 games: 18/28, 195 yards, 1.2 TD, .76 INT
Mac Jones game average through 14 games: 21/30, 226 yards, 1.3 TD, .71 INT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back