2023 Week 1 Other Games Thread

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
I rarely, if ever start threads. I think I'm going to have to start a few more going forward.

For tonight, Go Lions!

Kelce is reportedly OUT as is Jones. Hmmmm....:woohoo:

So I tuned in ~8PM for the game, knowing there would be some pregame stuff before the kickoff. I did not hear the words "Detroit" or "Lions" until Rodney Harrison said it about 3 seconds ago.

Nearly 9 minutes of Mahomes Mahomes Mahomes. Holy shit.

So I tuned in ~8PM for the game, knowing there would be some pregame stuff before the kickoff. I did not hear the words "Detroit" or "Lions" until Rodney Harrison said it about 3 seconds ago.

Nearly 9 minutes of Mahomes Mahomes Mahomes. Holy shit.

I know. :jerkit:

I mean, I get it, of course, defending champs/mvp at home, etc.

But if you didn't know, you'd tune into this, and think Patrick Mahomes himself will be going up against some nameless, faceless jobbers.

Lions get 7 yards on first down then 2 pass plays? Run until they show they can stop it

KC Defense no answers, Lions march right down and score, they did nothing fancy, were basically telegraphing plays. That TD, St. Brown came all the way across the field on that slant. Zero pass rush.

they pointed out on sirius nfl today that goff's home games last year were bigly better than his away games. brees-manning thing? indoors vs outdoors. who knows?
also
#go 🦁

Goff missed a couple of throws. Play calling was cold and hot. I don't understand the play calling on the last possession at all. OC way out thinking himself.

Past my bed time.

Back