600-year-old linen bras found in Austrian castle

Claremonster

Semper Priapus
Reaction score
The Glossalalia School of Business and Performing
600-year-old linen bras found in Austrian castle

A revolutionary discovery is rewriting the history of underwear: Some 600 years ago, women wore bras.

The University of Innsbruck said Wednesday that archeologists found four linen bras dating from the Middle Ages in an Austrian castle. Fashion experts describe the find as surprising because the bra had commonly been thought to be only little more than 100 years old as women abandoned the tight corset.

Instead, it appears the bra came first, followed by the corset, followed by the reinvented bra.

One specimen in particular "looks exactly like a (modern) brassiere," says Hilary Davidson, fashion curator for the London Museum. "These are amazing finds."

Although the linen garments were unearthed in 2008, they did not make news until now says Beatrix Nutz, the archaeologist responsible for the discovery.

2018714283.jpg

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...euoddaustriamedievalbra.html?prmid=obinsource

Oddly enough, looks like an Open Cup type. Those are hot. :coffee:

Oddly enough, looks like an Open Cup type. Those are hot. :coffee:

It's a nursing bra you ninny.

Either that or Abercrombie has been around longer than we thought. This would be the Destroyed Bra costing $150.

:coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

At first glance, I read the thread title as

600-year-old linen bras found on Austrian cattle

Old news...I have 4 in my nightstand drawer right now...:coffee:

Can we draw any conclusions on the evolution of cup sizes over the last 600 years from this sampling? Just wondering what the future holds...

Can we draw any conclusions on the evolution of cup sizes over the last 600 years from this sampling? Just wondering what the future holds...

Well, if my knowledge of how stuff works is up to par, if men are attracted to chicks with bigger knockers, then one could speculate that over the human life span, chicks with big tits had more babies than chicks with little tits in some cultures, leading to the "Big Tit Gene" being passed down the line...

Of course, now with the recent decades of fake big tits, to which men flock like idiots, we might actually see a decline in natural breast size in the future :sulk:

Also, I'm totally making all this up.

Of course, now with the recent decades of fake big tits, to which men flock like idiots, we might actually see a decline in natural breast size in the future :sulk:

Also, I'm totally making all this up.

Amen on the fake tits.. what a waste. My sister in law has been talking about getting them. She's gorgeous... I told her she was nuts. I think she's going to pass.

I guess it go back to the immortal question, "Would you wear a Titsling, or would you wear a Braziere?"
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you for the intro, Moonman :toast:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xqxWhBZXF8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back