A Heartbroken Family?s Link to Tom Brady

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Fantastic.

But isn't it bizarre that the author felt he had to put in a disclaimer? Saying that is not attempt to make Brady 'Saint Tommy'? Would that have been put in for any other player??

Incredibly sad but touching story.

RIP Calvin Riley

~Dee~

Fantastic.

But isn't it bizarre that the author felt he had to put in a disclaimer? Saying that is not attempt to make Brady 'Saint Tommy'? Would that have been put in for any other player??

Yes. Absolutely. Borderline shameful.

God bless Tom Brady

Fantastic.

Completely agree. Heart breaking story, no one should be surprised at Tom's actions, but what was the point of the disclaimer?

It's like the author is saying, here's a really sad story and something really nice that Tom Brady did, but don't worry reader, I'm not writing this to excuse him from deflating footballs and all the other cheating he's done.

Did anyone catch the timing of the letter? He wrote it when he had just found out that his second appeal was denied and his suspension was reinstated. I mean I don't know what to say. To be thinking of someone else and hand writing a two-page letter when you get THAT news is just unreal.

It was cool that his boy was a fan of Brady as I would imagine every athlete at his high school is. Just a great, great story. Thanks for posting.

“Calvin loved people,” says Gianinno. “I saw him interact with people from age five to age 85. He was the same. And he was the same when nobody was watching, which is when it really counts.”

Sounds like these two had a lot in common.
What a horrifying tragedy . :(

Very sad story. The randomness...it underscores how random everything can be.

The disclaimer is puzzling and annoying. Would Peyton Manning* or any other athlete been given that treatment? Sometimes I just don't get people.

Back