A new message

Bruschi 3:16 said:
Hawg has never liked me (then again, he's hardly the only one) but I've learned to not worry about it. If the moderators were ranked #1 to #5, he'd be #5 to me, hardly a shock there.

Bru - I couldn't stand you last year (obviously), before Collargate, but I actually found myself enjoying what you wrote during the scandal. I don't see exactly what you did yesterday to get thrown in here, nor did I see exactly what you did to cause the whole Collargate blow up in the first place (besides act like a pompous @ss which is your M.O. and a harmless one at that).

I guess that's why I'm having a hard time with this. I was one of the people who banged heads with you the most prior to Collargate, but I honestly couldn't see what exactly you did to deserve all of that. Although, I still can't stand your contributions in the Political Forum...:p

That being said, all this crap seems a tad bit excessive for an internet message board. If you were running around threatening peoples lives that would be one thing, but I don't see how being annoying qualifies as a crime.

Spinal - We've all known what you are about for a while now (that's not a bad thing), I had a seriously problem with the "new rules" the second they were posted, because I knew it was going to lead to something like this. It was obvious that James' attitude struck a lot of us the wrong way, and I think the implementation of the "new rules" only stoked the fire. The best cure would've been to let the thing die out on its own. Which it would have. Oh well, what do I know, I'm not a mod, just a superhero.

spiderman said:
Bru - I couldn't stand you last year (obviously), before Collargate, but I actually found myself enjoying what you wrote during the scandal. I don't see exactly what you did yesterday to get thrown in here, nor did I see exactly what you did to cause the whole Collargate blow up in the first place (besides act like a pompous @ss which is your M.O. and a harmless one at that).

I guess that's why I'm having a hard time with this. I was one of the people who banged heads with you the most prior to Collargate, but I honestly couldn't see what exactly you did to deserve all of that. Although, I still can't stand your contributions in the Political Forum...:p

That being said, all this crap seems a tad bit excessive for an internet message board. If you were running around threatening peoples lives that would be one thing, but I don't see how being annoying qualifies as a crime.

Spinal - We've all known what you are about for a while now (that's not a bad thing), I had a seriously problem with the "new rules" the second they were posted, because I knew it was going to lead to something like this. It was obvious that James' attitude struck a lot of us the wrong way, and I think the implementation of the "new rules" only stoked the fire. The best cure would've been to let the thing die out on its own. Which it would have. Oh well, what do I know, I'm not a mod, just a superhero.

Thanks for the support Spiderman. It's important for those of us who see the new Soviet style rules as pure bullsh*t to say so. I like your approach to it though, you're much more tame about it than I am. You'll last much longer that way under the iron curtain of communist rule. Just don't get too cozy to me and bru, if they see that, you'll end up here as well.

Keep dropping in from time to time. We enjoy your company.

spiderman said:

I really have never had a problem with anyone. Its kinda ironic that me and Spinal are cell mates since he's prolly the one I bumped heads with the most back "on the outside".

The collar gate thing was nothing more than a fun way to make a boring work day go by, and, I agree, saw nothing wrong with it whatsoever. To be honest, anyone with half a brain could see the whole thing was nothing more than a joke to parody the sterotype of the Boston College student/alum that BU folks share.

I wonder if our stay in Hawgville is a "lifetime sentence". I hope it isn't, but I have no interest in rubbing anyone's rubarb to get out of here, either. To be honest, I really don't know what people have against me except for the fact I don't always drink the Pats Kool Aid. I'm a huge Pats fan and a season tix holder since 1993 and live and die with them, so I'm no different than anyone. If they suck, I'll say they suck, but I'm not sure how that's a bad thing, either.

Anyhow, thanks for stopping by. Enjoy life under the iron fist, but be careful. It doesn't take much to get hauled off to Hawgville with me and Tap.

This thread has gone far off of what I was hoping for. I wish people would concentrate on one thing at one time. My attempt here has been to boil down what the issue is to one simple sentence - but all the words in that sentence are important.

All we are really ASKING of the membership here is to stop the repeated nasty or snide remarks to other regulars.

That's it.

That doesn't mean don't call someone a tool if they are being a tool. The word repeated is very important here.

An example if this is the Lavin thread you started, Spinal. The "labia" comment was not in context to anything else and is really uncalled for. You were bringing an issue you had with him out of one topic and into another. That is the kind of thing that can turn many, many threads into garbage instead of being about what the thread is SUPPOSED to be about.

I am not saying this is the only example, but it is one of the kind of thing I am trying to get across.

Does this make sense to you guys? Would you really be happier if every thread degenerated into some pissing contest? I am not saying you would be the cause of all of them, but imagine if there were 10 more pairs of people that had problems with each other and posted a nasty comment every time the other posted anything.

There would NEVER be a good thread that stayed on topic.

Undertaker #59 said:
This thread has gone far off of what I was hoping for. I wish people would concentrate on one thing at one time. My attempt here has been to boil down what the issue is to one simple sentence - but all the words in that sentence are important.

All we are really ASKING of the membership here is to stop the repeated nasty or snide remarks to other regulars.

That's it.

That doesn't mean don't call someone a tool if they are being a tool. The word repeated is very important here.

An example if this is the Lavin thread you started, Spinal. The "labia" comment was not in context to anything else and is really uncalled for. You were bringing an issue you had with him out of one topic and into another. That is the kind of thing that can turn many, many threads into garbage instead of being about what the thread is SUPPOSED to be about.

I am not saying this is the only example, but it is one of the kind of thing I am trying to get across.

Does this make sense to you guys? Would you really be happier if every thread degenerated into some pissing contest? I am not saying you would be the cause of all of them, but imagine if there were 10 more pairs of people that had problems with each other and posted a nasty comment every time the other posted anything.

There would NEVER be a good thread that stayed on topic.

Agreed. I agree with you and admit that the Lavin's labia thing was uncalled for. What can I tell you, the guys pisses me off. I'm sorry for being an *******. I'm not saying this so that you'll reinstate me, cuz I'm not interested. I just want to acknowledge my wrong doing.

I would have one request though. Any way you can grant me access to the Political forum without being able to contaminate the Basket Weaving forum? I kinda like politics.

Undertaker #59 said:
This all really bothers me more than it should.

I spend a lot of time, and I mean a lot, trying to do things for this board. I won't get into specifics, but much of it isn't really noticeable on the main board unless it is a new feature.

Why do I do it? Is it because of all the money I am making? No, there is not a single advertisement anywhere on these sites (and that may not always be the case). In fact, I spend my own money for this site. That's not a solicitation for a donation or anything, just a fact.

So why do I it? It's selfish really. Everything I do is to try and make Patriots Planet as fun a community as possible. I take great satisfaction in implementing a new feature that people like, or seeing new users come in and seeing how their fresh personalities mix with everyone else. Seeing a new user become entrenched as a regular. Seeing all the different personalities on this site mix with each other and some of the great humor and intelligence that comes through. These kinds of things are my motivation.

There are a lot of things in my personal life that aren't so great right now. Patriots Planet has always been a place I could come to and get a laugh and escape temporarily from real life.

Until recently.

As I said in the new rules post, a lot of it may seem a little draconian to you but most of what has been said by everyone in the last couple of days is sound and fury signifying nothing.

That's it.

Is that really a lot to ask?

We aren't looking to change anything else. People seem to be walking on eggshells that if they speak out, they will get banned. We have never been about that. This board's policies have always been mostly set by the membership at large, so feedback is welcomed. You have to keep in mind though that sometimes a significant minority needs to be protected as well. I NEVER enjoy banning someone, even if they are the lowest of the low trolls that deserve it.

Anyway, this small request is what all this nonsense really boils down to. I think, and I think the majority of members agree, that this is a very reasonable and small request. For now, ignore everything else that has taken place and been said and instead ask yourselves if you can still have fun on the board following that small request. I'll post it again, because this is all that really matters:

That's it.

Is that really too much to ask?

Input from ALL of the membership is welcomed either publicly or privately.

That is not too much to ask UT ...... I partially agree with the mods yet also partly agree with spinal ..... though I can not admit to reading every thing that happened for it to get to this point. I do however understand the BS a moderator has to go through as I use to run a pool lg with my wife on yahoo........ I resigned because of all the incessant bickering he said she said chit.

if anyone is truly offended by any one member there is always the ignore feature .... I have Bru 3:16 on mine and the Planet has been much more enjoyable since I did so.

Re: Re: A new message

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
That is not too much to ask UT ...... I partially agree with the mods yet also partly agree with spinal ..... though I can not admit to reading every thing that happened for it to get to this point. I do however understand the BS a moderator has to go through as I use to run a pool lg with my wife on yahoo........ I resigned because of all the incessant bickering he said she said chit.

if anyone is truly offended by any one member there is always the ignore feature .... I have Bru 3:16 on mine and the Planet has been much more enjoyable since I did so.

The ignore feature is a wonderful concept. I dont have anyone on mine, but it can help filter out stuff for the thin-skinners around here.

Well obviously I didn't want to get involved in this anymore than I already have but seeing as days later the thread I started is still being mentioned I guess I will.

First off to UT's question:

No it's not too much to ask. At times it'll be difficult for me to abide by because by my own admission I am an *******, but I'll do my best.

Now on to Alcogate:

I really don't see why you two took it upon yourselves to keep it going. I'm not gonna hate on you for backing me up, I appreciate it, but if you remember the thread there came a point where I said I was done with it and stopped posting in it. That right there should have been the end of it. Like I told James in the thread WYO's a big girl and can handle herself so too am I a big boy and can handle myself.

Anyway that's my 2 cents. For what it's worth I don't think you two deserve to be here but then again I'm not a mod and the decision isn't up to me. Hopefully it's not a permanent exile anyway. I'll try and drop by from time to time and keep my fellow *******s company. ;)

Back