AMC's Preacher

Alk

Reaction score
Has anyone watched the first episode? I was hesitant but at the last minute decided to set it to record. I had the house to myself this weekend so I finally got around to watching it. I really figured I would watch it and be done but man was I wrong. If the first episode is any indication, it might knock out The Walking Dead as my favorite current show on AMC.

I am all in on this one.

Screw the Walking Dead.... Scott Gimple is a shitstain.

Wait - seriously?

The previews look awful.

I'll have to give it a shot.

I know, like I said I had zero expectations going in. I thought it was even more ridiculous that they were doing a "Talking Preacher". There is such a thing as too much Chris Hardwick and they went crashing right through that gate. All that being said, it really was a great pilot episode. Hopefully they can keep it going.

Wait - seriously?

The previews look awful.

I'll have to give it a shot.
I thought the same thing but the first episode was just so weird that I have to tune in again.

I thought the same thing but the first episode was just so weird that I have to tune in again.

I watched the Second Season Premiere of Wayward Pines last night and I think I'm going to have to give this one up. Just terrible. it's the same story line just different actors.

Has anyone watched the first episode? I was hesitant but at the last minute decided to set it to record. I had the house to myself this weekend so I finally got around to watching it. I really figured I would watch it and be done but man was I wrong. If the first episode is any indication, it might knock out The Walking Dead as my favorite current show on AMC.

Better Call Saul?

I'll never understand the love for TWD, especially considering the qualify of other AMC shows.

Will have to check out Preacher though. Hadn't seen much of it before now.

Better Call Saul?

I'll never understand the love for TWD, especially considering the qualify of other AMC shows.

Will have to check out Preacher though. Hadn't seen much of it before now.

I did say MIGHT. I love BCS but I'm more of a sci-fi/supernatural/horror person.

it certainly gives Chris Hardwick more work.

lol he's getting married to the daughter of Patty Hearst

chris-hardwick-435.jpg

Fan f'ing tastic television. This was my favorite comic series in the 90's and it looks like they're doing a pretty faithful adaptation.

This show will only get better as it goes along.

Fan f'ing tastic television. This was my favorite comic series in the 90's and it looks like they're doing a pretty faithful adaptation.

This show will only get better as it goes along.

I knew zero about this show until I read Alk's post an hour and a half ago.

Having nothing better to watch and desirous to watch something, I found the pilot On Demand.

Holy shit!

It was like Pulp Fiction. Every character was awesome, but I didn't know the big picture at all.

And didn't much care.

I can only pray that this is a precusor of what it to come. Fvcking fine entertainment.

I knew zero about this show until I read Alk's post an hour and a half ago.

Having nothing better to watch and desirous to watch something, I found the pilot On Demand.

Holy shit!

It was like Pulp Fiction. Every character was awesome, but I didn't know the big picture at all.

And didn't much care.

I can only pray that this is a precusor of what it to come. Fvcking fine entertainment.

The big picture is insanity, more or less. Get used to the types of scenes you saw with Cassidy (the Irish vampire) and Tulip in the cornfield, because Garth Ennis (the original writer) has a hell of imagination and the series should be full of that type of thing (not to mention completely whacked out supporting characters, some of whom you got a taste of already).

There is an over-arching story regarding the invisible entity that entered Jesse towards the end of the show, but all of the little sub-plots they are (hopefully) going to weave in there are just as interesting and actually more fun than the big picture stuff.

It really helps that Seth Rogen is a huge fan of the comic and is the executive producer. They have made some changes to make the story more contemporary (the comics came out over twenty years ago), namely Tulip is now black and completely kick-ass and Jesse doesn't have a mullet (you may have noticed Tulip's comment about hating his haircut, a nod to the comics). Otherwise, it looks to be spot-on...especially Cassidy. Before he saw the show, Garth Ennis met the cast at a get-together and knew who Cassidy was before they even told him...that's how faithful his character was to the source material.

Really, really looking forward to more and hoping it will take off like the Walking Dead so's I can contribute to my retirement fund once the back issues take off in the collector's market, LOL.

Here's a glance at the originals. Obviously Tulip is quite different in appearance, which was a bit worrisome to me at first, but her character as portrayed on the show is pretty fantastic. The guy in the upper left is called The Saint of Killers and I am not sure if he'll be in the show or not, but for everyone's sake, I sure hope he is.

The big picture is insanity, more or less. Get used to the types of scenes you saw with Cassidy (the Irish vampire) and Tulip in the cornfield, because Garth Ennis (the original writer) has a hell of imagination and the series should be full of that type of thing (not to mention completely whacked out supporting characters, some of whom you got a taste of already).

There is an over-arching story regarding the invisible entity that entered Jesse towards the end of the show, but all of the little sub-plots they are (hopefully) going to weave in there are just as interesting and actually more fun than the big picture stuff.

It really helps that Seth Rogen is a huge fan of the comic and is the executive producer. They have made some changes to make the story more contemporary (the comics came out over twenty years ago), namely Tulip is now black and completely kick-ass and Jesse doesn't have a mullet (you may have noticed Tulip's comment about hating his haircut, a nod to the comics). Otherwise, it looks to be spot-on...especially Cassidy. Before he saw the show, Garth Ennis met the cast at a get-together and knew who Cassidy was before they even told him...that's how faithful his character was to the source material.

Really, really looking forward to more and hoping it will take off like the Walking Dead so's I can contribute to my retirement fund once the back issues take off in the collector's market, LOL.

Good stuff. Rogan or whoever responsible cracked me up with the giant location titles and kettle drums. Lots of nice, little touches.

Cassidy is probably the most interesting to me, but it's a slim margin. No stiffs in this cast. And he and the Preacher look almost identical to the comics.

Even the bit players are cool. The wife who was getting beaten had me wondering if she really did like it. Those kids at the farm that Tulip did "crafts" with. That fvcked-up bachelor party on the plane or whatever was going on. The way the Preacher just unloaded on the "General".

I'm enjoying the whole interplay between good and evil. The way they toy with the whole concept of religion and God.

It was funny, too. I might just watch it again.

"Awe-some!"

Good stuff. Rogan or whoever responsible cracked me up with the giant location titles and kettle drums. Lots of nice, little touches.

Cassidy is probably the most interesting to me, but it's a slim margin. No stiffs in this cast. And he and the Preacher look almost identical to the comics.

Even the bit players are cool. The wife who was getting beaten had me wondering if she really did like it. Those kids at the farm that Tulip did "crafts" with. That fvcked-up bachelor party on the plane or whatever was going on. The way the Preacher just unloaded on the "General".

I'm enjoying the whole interplay between good and evil. The way they toy with the whole concept of religion and God.

It was funny, too. I might just watch it again.

"Awe-some!"

You forgot "Bung-Mouth"

Another really good episode. The fight scene in the church was ridiculous. The two guys that were attempting to exorcise Preacher or whatever they were doing were great too. I can't wait to see what happens to the pedophile dude. I can't imagine that Preacher is just going to let him go around running his mouth about what happened.

Episode 2 kicked ass once again. If it's this good two episodes in then we are in for a treat if they don't completely screw the pooch writing/directing it.

Looks like Saint of Killers is going to be a player (yay!). That was the dude in the '1881' western segment.

On a sidenote, I had no idea that I was pronouncing 'arse' wrong my whole life (assuming Cassidy's pronunciation of 'Airceface' (best phonetics I could come up with) is correct).

Watched the first two episodes this week and so far I'm intrigued. I don't know anything about the source material so there's obviously some "WTF was that / is going on" moments, but it has a unique and refreshing feel to it. Looking forward to watching the 3rd one tonight.

Back