American Idol

When they showed the percentage breakdowns I knew Elliot was done. Just seemed real fishy that it would break down to that percentage.

All I have to say is thank god the hippies won The Amazing Race!

bjandtyler.jpg

PatsfaninMN said:
When they showed the percentage breakdowns I knew Elliot was done. Just seemed real fishy that it would break down to that percentage.

bjandtyler.jpg

Here, here!

Give the frats a lifetime and they wouid have never gotten those flags in the correct order! :thumb:

NO POLITICS

kirjtc2 said:
I'm waiting for them to recount the votes from Florida.

No politics here.....;)

Just as a friend,they did count the votes,they counted the votes over and over again.GW won every way they counted them.The consortium of newspapers that did the counting where left of center politically.

Just in case you did not know :thumb:

PatsfaninMN said:

bjandtyler.jpg
nice red pants but these are nicer

Ras said:
It is Taylor's to lose..........

I would have agreed with you yesterday I think?

However,I really think there is a anti Taylor movement out there.We see some of it on this board.This is allowed,for sure.I think most of it comes from the die hard Chris fans IMHO.I think they will hold their nose and vote for the other person just so that Taylor cant win.I think we saw some of this yesterday,hense the close vote.

Yes I could be wrong,I hope im wrong!

No contest as to who is the most talented.Theres really no room for discussion as far as that goes.The fat lady has sung! Taylor is a real musician,not just a singer.

Im not confident that he will win.

If Taylor wins he has the potential to become a MEGA STAR.

If Kat wins she will be forgotten very quickly.Sure she will have 13 year old girls go to shopping centers to see her,but thats about it.She will make the cover of teen beat magazine(to wich I subscribe :D) and quickly fizzle.

Not for nothing....

It doesn't make a difference to me who wins "Idol". I won't buy their records or cd's or whatever. Not my kind of music I listen to.

I haven't bought anything from any of the previous winners or losers. I downloaded Bo Bice's song just to hear it and 30 seconds into it, I deleted it.

Kat is not worthy of that 2nd place finish she is destined to be and if she wins, yes, she will be forgettable.

Taylor's appeal will be very limited as there isn't a big call for "Soul Patrol" in the states. Maybe he'll catch fire in Asia where they are starved and maniacs for any new fad or craze.

I don't mind his "music", but I can't help thinking I see the love child of Joe Cocker and Patti Smith. That herky-jerky motion is a little annoying.

I get the sense that Chris's fans are blaming Kat for his demise more than Taylor, so I think Taylor's got this wrapped up.

As for buying CD's...depends on the type of music. Some of them I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole. No matter who wins next week, I don't see either one having much staying power.

kirjtc2 said:
I get the sense that Chris's fans are blaming Kat for his demise more than Taylor, so I think Taylor's got this wrapped up.

I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT??

As for buying CD's...depends on the type of music. Some of them I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole. No matter who wins next week, I don't see either one having much staying power.

I HAVE NOT BEEN A FAN OF ANYONE MUSICALLY FOR YEARS (other than my old favorites)

Taylor Hicks to me is the best thing thats come along in years.He has a huge loyal following AND will be around for years to come.Winning Idle will assure this,but losing wont be the end.

Katherine on the otherhand,may win,but she is just another pretty face.Sorry but she`s a dime a dozen.

Like him or not,he is an original.

Taylors version of YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL was the best ever done.Billy Preston would have been deeply moved.

Taylor will be a MEGA STAR if he wins,and hopefully even if he loses.

Kat does not deserve to win.

Chris whats his name(baldy) will be a flash in the pan.

FOX 5 NEWYORK says Elliot fans are just now learning that Katherine jumped for joy with Glee as Elliots name came up as the 3rd stringer.This was off camera,some are calling it very unsportsman like??? probably a non story,but I will take it if it helps.

Taylor could help himself this way because he was decent to Elliot and also danced with his mom during the encore performance of jail house rock.

Could not have said it better myself

Uncle Vic said:
I HAVE NOT BEEN A FAN OF ANYONE MUSICALLY FOR YEARS (other than my old favorites)

Taylor Hicks to me is the best thing thats come along in years.He has a huge loyal following AND will be around for years to come.Winning Idle will assure this,but losing wont be the end.

Katherine on the otherhand,may win,but she is just another pretty face.Sorry but she`s a dime a dozen.

Like him or not,he is an original.

Taylors version of YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL was the best ever done.Billy Preston would have been deeply moved.

Taylor will be a MEGA STAR if he wins,and hopefully even if he loses.

Kat does not deserve to win.

Chris whats his name(baldy) will be a flash in the pan.

FOX 5 NEWYORK says Elliot fans are just now learning that Katherine jumped for joy with Glee as Elliots name came up as the 3rd stringer.This was off camera,some are calling it very unsportsman like??? probably a non story,but I will take it if it helps.

Taylor could help himself this way because he was decent to Elliot and also danced with his mom during the encore performance of jail house rock.

Im buying what you are selling Vic!

Looks like Uncle Vic called it right from the start.Just happened to catch Taylors first audition,and I says to myself,there`s your 2006 American idle right there.

Sure the votings still going on and it could go the other way yet,this is true.However there is no question as who should win.Taylor Hicks is 1 in a generation.Hes just Fabulous!!What a voice and man can he dance.I only wish I could dance like that.

Loved the jacket.

Taylor could have one it in a landslide by going with YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL,but he tooked the risk and the high road by not doing a song that he did just last week.He should get points for that.

Levon was also a AWESOME song,one of my favorites.

What about Simon telling voters to forget about her first and last song and just judge her on the second song???Thats a new one

Simon picked that song for her.He told Jay leno 2 weeks ago that Katherine would have a great night because he chose the song for her.So what could he say when she sings it the second time in as many weeks.Katherine is very forgetable.

TAYLOR HICKS AMERICAN IDLE 2006

kirjtc2 said:
Elton John is hanging his head in shame tonight after Taylor's performance of Levon.

Kat's going to win this thing.

I have no response to that:banghead: :4321:

Maybe Elton is hanging his head in shame becase of his lifestyle? just a thought!

I did hear that Bernie Taupin(sp) loved it,if that means anything.

That show SUCKED big time. Neither one of them deserve to win. Hicks sounded like a mediocre lounge lizard and Kat couldn't give us anything but rehashed crap. Hicks will win, but he's gonna end up going down the same path as Rueben and Fantasia....lost and forgotten.

Who the F*&k is writing those "debut" songs?

We're gonna be subjected to a two hour results show :huh: Sorry, I've got a Lost finale to watch tonight.

the 1st 2 songs were both repeats from earlier shows, the difference was Taylor sang early show numbers while Kat pick later in the show numbers.

I am beginning to wonder if this show is to sterile and not really set-up to allow singers the freedom to sing. yes it is great that they make them all sing from a different group of songs weekly but why not just let them pick any song on any given week - Kat singing Elvis against 3 males and it would have been even worse if it was 3 females and 1 male.

so no more Rod Stewart, No more Barry Manilow just let singers sing and be based on their song selections and voices - by doing theme night it turns into a Karaoke competition

also find real songs for the 1st single, they sucked for both Taylor just hid his displeasure better than Kat

Lost Finale tonight but I will try to catch a Kat/meatloaf duet which should be different

Taylor also talks of how his Harmonica could return tonight

Katharine, Katharine, Katharine......

you didn't listen to Uncle RG now did you?

No skin = No win

Your performance was udder-ly lacking.....America wants to see more cowbells

I thought the show was pretty good, but was disappointed that they weren't all songs we haven't heard before.

Kat did fine with "Black Horse in a Cherry Tree"-- she seemed more relaxed overall and nailed it pretty well. "Somewhere" was a really nice performance of one of the best songs ever written, but we just heard it practically note for note. It was too....safe.

Her final song would have been fine in a Disney movie featuring cute little animals gamboling in a forest, but was lamer-than-lame for a contest such as this. I don't know who picked it, but it was a mistake. I can't remember a single thing about it twelve hours after hearing it.

I thought Taylor's "Living for the City" was freaking outstanding, "Levon" was a bit tepid, but his final song showed pretty good control and tempo and contained a clever message in the question "are you proud of me?". For most of his fans the answer would be "yes". The song seemed addressed to them.

While there is a part of me that wonders whether Taylor is a great technical singer, I can't deny that the boy has a soulful quality which is rare in caucasian singers. There haven't been many "blue-eyed soul" singers that have really been worth a damn, but Hicks could possibly turn out to be a guy that defines his own genre. He operates on a different channel than most everyone else, but that isn't a bad thing.

He is a firey performer who makes up in emotion what he may lack in technical ability and range. In a word, the guy is a performer.

He takes a lot of flak for being a spastic dancer, but most of us are-- he reminds me of the old saying "dance like nobody is looking" and the guy has the ability to lose himself in his music like nobody else that was in this competition. He's fun to watch.

If this was a form of "Survivor" then Taylor outwitted and outplayed everyone else. He took chances and pulled them off and found a niche for himself in the public's eye. Even his habit of yelling "Soul Patrol" is kind of a brand name and sticks in the mind. Clever.

His choices in songs, enthusiasm, showmanship and competitiveness put him in a postion to be crowned as the Champ and I look forward to see what he can do with his fame and adulation even if the public screws this one up and votes for Kat.

The next question will be is there a place for a Blues and Soul performer in today's music world? I hope the answer is yes.

Taylor is probably the only performer in this competition (or any of the Idols, for that matter) that I would be apt to buy his music. My girlfriend and I were shocked and delighted at his first audition.

That said, I think his initial audition was still his best performance. Since then, he's been solid. Great a few times, like Living in the City.

I think he'll win tonight, and I'm pleased with those results. If he makes music like his debut single, I won't buy a thing.

If he makes music like his initial audition, I'll buy it in a second.

taylor
as I listened last night after the 1st song I was yeah I would listen, and after the second I was yeah I still would but after the last song I was saying" not if that is on it"

kat
I think she needs to sing nude, that wuld at least get me to watch her videos

my pick for surprise album from this group will be Elliot, I think he gained the most knowledge from this and got better.

my can't wait for is -- Kevin Covalis sings the sexy songs of over-the-hill nursing home on the KTel record label -cause if it ain't KTel you can tell

Well I agreed with them last night except for the Levon was very good. I agree with RG NO SKIN NO WIN!

I have been a fan of Taylor's but I still think Chris will be doing the best. I hope that after all the Idol tour he does hook up with the band Fuel and he would be a great fit with them.

If Taylor does not win then this is show is a joke and I would be done with it. She should of went home a few shows ago.

GO SOUL PATROL!!!

mar21_taylor.jpg

OK, so I broke down and watched this last night to see wtf all the fuss was with all the middle-aged men obsessing on this show. I am scratching my head still.

The girl is pretty cute, but she was really pretty bad i thought. Not that I am Quincy Jones or anything. I was at least holding out hope that I might catch a glimpse of this cleavage I've been hearing so much about. No dice. 2 thumbs down from me and Mr's L.

Now for the real head scratcher, Taylor Hicks. When he ever came out in that purple jacket and his GINORMOUS head and all that grey hair, I literally could not stop laughing. Once I stopped laughing and listened the guy can sing a little. Is he really the BEST they had to offer this season? If he is, then it must have been pretty pathetic. He can sing, but on a stage as big as American idol I expected alot more.

Maybe it's just me but I always think of American Idol as a show that the teenage girls decide who wins and he just doesn't seem like a teen-idol type of guy. Maybe the middle-aged people have more of an influence than I thought. Or maybe by teenage girls I mean women in their mid-40's and the men that get stuck watching this show with them.

:confused:

Is it possible that people vote for him as a gag?

Big L,

I guess there is no accounting for personal taste, I guess.

Part of me feels guilty for following this enormously hyped show featuring little music that I would typically choose to listen to, but once it gets the hook set.....

It's like crack.

Back