And tonight, Curtis Painter!!!

Donald Brown pisses ME off and I'm a Pats fan. Good gravy.
I do like Nevis though.
As bad as all these injuries suck (yes TommyD I am "fake classy" like that ;)) maybe the "good" part is that it isn't the worst year for PM to miss.
Donald Brown still being employed is what pisses me off. It's his third year. So far he's failed to outplay a 4th round rookie and a guy who was in the UFL (rhodes) prior to being signed by the Colts.

If this was a position like WR or defensive linemen that legitimately required a year or two to learn, it would be one thing. But RB? No, if he hasn't earned carries at this point, he never will.

Donald Brown still being employed is what pisses me off. It's his third year. So far he's failed to outplay a 4th round rookie and a guy who was in the UFL (rhodes) prior to being signed by the Colts.

If this was a position like WR or defensive linemen that legitimately required a year or two to learn, it would be one thing. But RB? No, if he hasn't earned carries at this point, he never will.

Oh and not sure what they did before, but why does Wayne now decide to run his route into the defense instead away from it?

Oh and not sure what they did before, but why does Wayne now decide to run his route into the defense instead away from it?
I'll answer that when you find out where Dallas Clark has been hiding.

Oh wait, nevermind, we're having him block all the time instead of going out for passes to act as a safety net for a young QB.

Going to be worse next week. Foster's out for at least the year. Maybe forever. No word on Drake Nevis yet, but if he's out any significant amount of time we're in trouble.

Offensive line is going to be in trouble too if Ijalana and Costanzo miss significant time.

Meanwhile, Donald Brown, Anthony Gonzalez and Jerry Hughes continue to collect paychecks disproportionate to their contributions.

All first round Polian busts. Now throw in that Tony Ugoh was also a first round bust because dipshit Polian traded a first to pick him the second.
Polian needs to go ASAP the game has passed him. Irsay needs to get off the pipe, clear his head & make some changes right now or this team will be back to the 80's & early 90's.

No doubt...but I was one who was patient with Maroney. :whip2:

Another person who would piss me off would be Garcon, but for a different reason...the way Watson & Graham used to piss me off sometimes. Make a tough play, drop 4 passes I think I could have caught. He's jeckyll & hyde no matter who throws to him.

I have to say that Wayne did have a point on the way the offense runs with Painter vs. Collins. Much smoother looking even with Painter not being any kind of superstar.

No doubt...but I was one who was patient with Maroney. :whip2:

Another person who would piss me off would be Garcon, but for a different reason...the way Watson & Graham used to piss me off sometimes. Make a tough play, drop 4 passes I think I could have caught. He's jeckyll & hyde no matter who throws to him.

I have to say that Wayne did have a point on the way the offense runs with Painter vs. Collins. Much smoother looking even with Painter not being any kind of superstar.
What's frustrating about Garcon, is that he's dangerous with the ball in his hands. Unforturnately, he tends to drop routine catches fairly routinely.

All first round Polian busts. Now throw in that Tony Ugoh was also a first round bust because dipshit Polian traded a first to pick him the second.
Polian needs to go ASAP the game has passed him. Irsay needs to get off the pipe, clear his head & make some changes right now or this team will be back to the 80's & early 90's.
What concerns me the most about Polian, is that with him here, we will never be able to go after a coach like Fisher or Cowher because they aren't going to put up with being a figurehead.

Also, lets all not start sucking Curtis Painter off quite yet. He played better than he ever has before and was certainly better than Kerry Collins, yet we still only put up 17 points and he completed less than 50% of his passes.
Not a recipe for success.

It is if Painter is aspiring to be Sanchez 2.0.

I do not think its better than 2010 at all. You have 3 new players on it this year. The team is worse this year almost everywhere not counting QB obviously. Even with manning this might be an 8-8 or 7-9 team.

And you know what?

Anthony Castonzo, as a rookie, is a marked improvement over what Charlie Johnson was at LT last year. Hell, Ben Ijalana contributed a decent bit better than what Charlie Johnson gave last year.

Ryan Diem at RG is better than Diem at RT. Linkenbach, while still terrible, is better there. Mike Pollak actually had a decent game for the first time in his career at RG last week (this week, he of course, sucked).

Jeff Saturday seems to have gotten over some of his injury woes.

Joe Reitz is the best Guard the Colts have had since Lilja.

Yeah, they've got new guys on the line. They're either better than the crap they've had before, or in the case of Linkenbach/Diem, the switch causes them to go from atrocious to mediocre.

Nah, I think your o line is worse. I also think that you guys would have had problems this year Manning or no Manning. This is not a 14 - 2 team even with Manning. It's more like an 8 - 8 if you're lucky.

2010: #29 in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt.
2009: #30 in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt.
2008: #31 in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt.

They're somehow magically #13 in rushing yards per attempt right now. That's because the offensive line is better.

Yes, it's true.

Edit: The talent level of this team is by no means good. But I'd absolutely take it with Manning over what they had last year. And last year, they finished 10-6.

Although Reggie Wayne is a huge fan of Painter's, they really, really seem to struggle with being on the same page.

And you know what?

Anthony Castonzo, as a rookie, is a marked improvement over what Charlie Johnson was at LT last year. Hell, Ben Ijalana contributed a decent bit better than what Charlie Johnson gave last year.

Ryan Diem at RG is better than Diem at RT. Linkenbach, while still terrible, is better there. Mike Pollak actually had a decent game for the first time in his career at RG last week (this week, he of course, sucked).

Jeff Saturday seems to have gotten over some of his injury woes.

Joe Reitz is the best Guard the Colts have had since Lilja.

Yeah, they've got new guys on the line. They're either better than the crap they've had before, or in the case of Linkenbach/Diem, the switch causes them to go from atrocious to mediocre.

2010: #29 in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt.
2009: #30 in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt.
2008: #31 in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt.

They're somehow magically #13 in rushing yards per attempt right now. That's because the offensive line is better.

Yes, it's true.

Edit: The talent level of this team is by no means good. But I'd absolutely take it with Manning over what they had last year. And last year, they finished 10-6.

You might be 13th in rushing because your Qb is not checking out of every run play anymore. Your defense and your oline were better last year. Manning this year on this team would probably be 8-8 at best.

You might be 13th in rushing because your Qb is not checking out of every run play anymore. Your defense and your oline were better last year. Manning this year on this team would probably be 8-8 at best.

You're delusional.

This year, the Colts have had 81 attempts, but have netted 332 yards for a 4.1 yards per carry average.

Through four games last year, the Colts had 94 rushing attempts, but only netted 302 yards for a 3.2 yards per carry average.

The Colts have had a 139:81 ratio as far as pass-rush attempts so far this year. Last year, through four games, the Colts had had 172:94 pass-rush attempt ratio.

To simplify, 37% of the Colts' plays so far have been runs this year, and through four games in 2010, the Colts had had 35% of their plays being runs.

There's also the fact that teams are playing the run MUCH, MUCH more emphasis on the run than they ever would have against Manning.And for fear that I haven't placed enough emphasis, I'm going to say this again, teams are stacking up more against the run than they ever would against Manning.

There's no other explanation. Yeah, Delone Carter is a decent #2 back, but that's not explaining the large rushing yardage discrepancy.

The Offensive Line is playing better. It also still sucks. That's the truth, yo.

You're delusional.

This year, the Colts have had 81 attempts, but have netted 332 yards for a 4.1 yards per carry average.

Through four games last year, the Colts had 94 rushing attempts, but only netted 302 yards for a 3.2 yards per carry average.

The Colts have had a 139:81 ratio as far as pass-rush attempts so far this year. Last year, through four games, the Colts had had 172:94 pass-rush attempt ratio.

To simplify, 37% of the Colts' plays so far have been runs this year, and through four games in 2010, the Colts had had 35% of their plays being runs.

There's also the fact that teams are playing the run MUCH, MUCH more emphasis on the run than they ever would have against Manning.And for fear that I haven't placed enough emphasis, I'm going to say this again, teams are stacking up more against the run than they ever would against Manning.

There's no other explanation. Yeah, Delone Carter is a decent #2 back, but that's not explaining the large rushing yardage discrepancy.

The Offensive Line is playing better. It also still sucks. That's the truth, yo.

They might be playing better with the run, but not against the pass. They are not protecting well at all. There were times last night Painter had no time at all, there is a difference between rushing blocking and pass blocking, so they might be doing one better, but they are not pass blocking better.

Although Reggie Wayne is a huge fan of Painter's, they really, really seem to struggle with being on the same page.

Well how long has Painter been taking snaps with the first team? A week?

They might be playing better with the run, but not against the pass. They are not protecting well at all. There were times last night Painter had no time at all, there is a difference between rushing blocking and pass blocking, so they might be doing one better, but they are not pass blocking better.

I'm well aware that there's a difference between pass blocking/run blocking.

They look worse because Manning NEVER takes sacks. Sometimes that works out badly, as he'll throw an INT, but he has such a quick release, that he never gets sack. That's not a credit to the OL.

Here's the deal:

21 of Manning's 35 sacks from 2009-2010 were less than 2.5 seconds or 61%. New Orleans/Brees was next at 44% of their sacks being less than 2.5 seconds. Brady & the Patriots were ranked 18th at 18 of his 67 sacks coming within 2.5 seconds.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/under-pressure/2011/under-pressure-short-it

So yeah, no. I'll explain it again:

1. The Offensive Line is better than last year.
2. The Offensive Line still sucks.
3. Peyton Manning made the Offensive Line look better.

It's that simple.

I'm well aware that there's a difference between pass blocking/run blocking.

They look worse because Manning NEVER takes sacks. Sometimes that works out badly, as he'll throw an INT, but he has such a quick release, that he never gets sack. That's not a credit to the OL.

Here's the deal:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/under-pressure/2011/under-pressure-short-it

So yeah, no. I'll explain it again:

1. The Offensive Line is better than last year.
2. The Offensive Line still sucks.
3. Peyton Manning made the Offensive Line look better.

It's that simple.

Not sure about those stats considering from 2009 and 2010 the pats did not take 67 sacks. For it to work that throwing in under 2.5 seconds thing.....you better have receivers that can get open quick, its not all about the QB. Also, some Qb's are better at moving around the pocket to buy time, so that stat is kinda misleading. What I do know, is that this Brady-time you guys like to talk about...the one year Brady was not back there, this team lead the league in sacks taken. As far as the colts oline, they look worse than they did last year. manning or no manning. They are not blocking well in the pass. Also looking at your link, if you go to the other page it has the pct of sacks taken that took longer than 3 seconds. brady is at 1.58%......

Back