Andrew Luck retires.

Baaaaaahahahbhwahahahaha!!!!

Oh wait, I had a legit comment... that's right... it was...

Baaaaaahahahbhwahahahaha!!!!

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of fans.

:LOL:

And yet somehow, life will go on.

He did the team a favor with the timing actually. He could have lingered all season and let them take the full cap hit. Now they won't go into the season wondering when he'll return and have more money to spend down the road.

They eat a ton of dead money because of this.

It all started with a snowboarding accident... :coffee:

Its funny some not so nice media guy would not be rolling with this. Lucks last injury I heard was not even football related. So if I was some mean, wanting to get clicks media guy who posts things that piss people off....I would come with...so let me get this straight, he has one of the best olines in the league last year, barely gets touched, gets hurt in the offseason off the field and now he wants to retire?

I mean if I was a evil media guy wanting clicks that is.

The future is...dim. :suicide:

41/57 430 yards 2 touchdowns in pre season.

Yes it’s only pre season but someone who puts up that kind of stats needs a look at least in a meaningful game

At the end of the day, I just think Lucks passion for football wasn't near what the Mannings, Bradys, Rodgers, Brees passion is. He said he "lost his love for the game" and while I do truly think he loved the game, his passion just wasn't there. This is nota knock on Luck at all either. If I had 100 million in the bank, a wife, a kid (which I do minus the money lol) and was constantly being banged up before the age of 30 I would likely retire too. Guys like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning eat and breathe football. Luck is just a bit different. He likes football but it's not his everything. I think he would be just as happy going for a jog around a nice park than winning a Super Bowl.

As mentioned before, this was not a career ending injury, Luck was shown on the field walking perfectly fine.... So it's a mental issue. It might start with Grigson and never giving Luck the protection he needed from his O-line, but it's ending with Luck. To retire at 29 when he is hitting his prime with arguably the most talented team he has been apart of is definitely strange. We will never know the true story behind this, but his passion for the game isn't anywhere near some of the greats otherwise he wouldn't be retiring.

You're right. The passion wasn't there anymore. To be one of the greats, you've got to have it, obsess over your craft, neglect other aspects of life.

The timing was bad but the decision is Luck's. The constant injury/rehab finally got to him. He may change his mind but life is going to look awfully good with millions in the bank and no chance of getting his head knocked off on a football field.

:celebrate:
You're right. The passion wasn't there anymore. To be one of the greats, you've got to have it, obsess over your craft, neglect other aspects of life.

The timing was bad but the decision is Luck's. The constant injury/rehab finally got to him. He may change his mind but life is going to look awfully good with millions in the bank and no chance of getting his head knocked off on a football field.

Just saying if I even had a couple million I would retire. But I admit I have zero passion for typing all day lol.

$$$$$ for Brisket I would guess...

Luck was going to announce it after the game was over, can't see how a few minutes would make a difference for Brissette. But who knows when it comes to agents.

Back