Votes: 10 52.6%
  • IOS

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Blackberry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like Thomas, I still use a flip phone so I can play "Snake"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've got an Nexus 5x and Nexus 9, both running Nougat. I've also carry an iPhone that work gave me, but I will always prefer to have widgets on my home screen.

SSDD

I have always been Android, though I recently got a iPhone for work. I have NEVER liked Apple's model of proprietary hardware and software, and the resulting high prices for it.

They did change the cell phone market for the better once they entered and made everyone else get better, but they have not innovated in this area for quite a number of years.

All that being said, I understand people who like and use Apple products. For the things they can do, they tend to do them well and reliably.

I prefer the newer features and customization of options that come from the more competitive Android field. In fact, I may actually be picking up a new phone this weekend to replace my Note 4.

I'm getting the Google Pixel and switching to Project Fi (googles network) I never use more than 2 gigs as whenever I do things that use network I'm on my wifi at home. 20 bucks for the first phone and 15 for each additional phone up to five and 10 bucks a gig I'll cut my phone bill in half over what I pay sprint. Oh and it comes with unlimited calling and unlimited texts. may not work for everyone but after crunching the numbers, mathematically I have to do it.

What I learned is that after an iOS update i.e. 9 to 10, people start complaining about battery life issues. What happens is that a process called re-indexing takes place where all the data in the phone is moved around in the storage array to optimize it. This can take several days and it goes on in the background and it drains the battery. Once it's done the battery life gets much much better.

I have an iPad and an iPhone.

I don't have an issue using iTunes to sync either device.

About the only thing I need to put on my iPad are books.

I use Calibre to organize my e-books and convert everything to epub format so I only have to use one app to read my books.

I've got Plex on both units and my PC so I stream any media I need to them.

Oh and as far as battery life is concerned, if you've got any apps that try to find wifi hotspots (e.g., Xfinity) then that could be sucking battery power down.

Every time your phone gets in range of someone's house that's working as a hotspot, it will try to connect.

I've yet to try an Android, so I'm not qualified to say which is better. About a week ago I just got a new iPhone 6s, upgrading from a 4s. I passed on the 7, due to it not having the 3.5mm audio jack. I must say, I like it thus far. It's only been a week, though.

iPhone
iMac
retina MacBook Pro
Kids/wife/mom (5) iPhones 6

The ecosystem is too strong. I was a BlackBerry blackbelt.

Apple is to good at making everything work together well. IIWII.

Android; I personally like the way I can customise them and so on. I also feel that you can get the same performance from Androids for a better price, generally. I'm currently using a Galaxy S7.

When Steve Jobs was still alive, I felt that Apple was more innovative and often ahead of the curve. However, I no longer feel that's the case.

Apple losing that battle right now. If it hadn't been for the note 7 blowup, I think Samsung would destroy everything and I suspect the Galaxy S8 coming out in spring is going to be the benchmark.

I love my macbook pro and to some extent my Ipad retina thing, but I'm not at all impressed with the new Macbook reveal and will seriously be considering a PC based laptop for my next purchase. Even OSX (which I think is the strongest argument for a macbook) doesn't seem to be getting better.

iPhone
iMac
retina MacBook Pro
Kids/wife/mom (5) iPhones 6

The ecosystem is too strong. I was a BlackBerry blackbelt.

Apple is to good at making everything work together well. IIWII.

That has usually been the case, but their strategy is sometimes a little weird. Consider this that I just read on reddit:

The iPhone 7 comes with the old school Lightning to USB-A cable. But the new MacBook Pros announced yesterday only have the new standard USB-C ports, meaning you couldn't plug in the brand new iPhone into the brand new MacBook.

Funnily enough, the MBP also comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack, but no Lightning port, so your brand new headphone are also unable to plug in (without an adapter) to the new MacBook.

What people don't grasp about Apple is that they focus on high end phones, and super high quality. Their phones are considerably more expensive, but they are first and foremost a business, and focused on profitability. Their supply chain is the best and most efficient in the world and their profit on a phone is vastly higher than any competitor. As an engineer who sells the chips that go in these phones I have a unique perspective.
You have the Apple fanboys vs the Android fanboys having these inane arguments about who sold the most phones. Apple doesn't give a damn about that... look at the pile of cash they are sitting on and you can see why. Apple made 13B in profit in the March quarter this year. Samsung made just over 3B. What's the benefit of numbers of phones sold again?

Back