ANNOUNCEMENT: Hawg to be on the radio coming up!

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Hawg to be on the radio coming up!

Coming up at 11:20AM EST as a representative of PatriotsPlanet to talk with a Jets fan on a Texas college radio station of all things. We are going to try and record it, but you can also listen live here.

Cripes we've hit the big-time now.

We'll probably have to pay Hawg to post here now.

Anyone have any $$?

o:)

I have $2.47 Anni....

Their live streaming feed better stay up! This is great.

pookie said:
I have $2.47 Anni....

Their live streaming feed better stay up! This is great.

Yeah, the 10+ users they get listening from the Planet will probably crash their server....

When they accused Kraft of tampering with BB he shoulda tossed the Jets tampering with Parcells back into his face. :D

This is a great interview! Hawg is REPRESENTIN'!!!!!!

He's sounding GREAT...but what an ACCENT! :p

No doubt U! It's a wicked hahsh south shaw accent.

Oh no!! They made him say "Pahk the Cah in the Hahvahd Yahd"!!! They went there.

Great job man.

For those that missed it, we should have a recording up here soon.

Thank you all.

Now that its over I'm sitting here thinking of what I SHOULD have said, but you know how that goes.

I anticipated the question about how this super bowl win compares and thought of saying "You only lose your virginity once", but forgot to.

It seemed like about 5 minutes to me. I wish they asked more about the site, and the world of internet forums, but before I knew it they were having me do the pahk the cah monkey dance.

The whole BB/Parcells thing is so byzantine that we could have spent 20 minutes on that alone. I thought I was a little weak on that whole thing, but I'll have to listen to the tape.

It was a weird experience, but at least it got the Planet name out there. Thanks again for the kind words.

Nice job Hawg. :clap:

Just listening to that accent made me yearn for some clam chowdah and a Sam Adams to wash it down with. :p

That was great. I missed the live interview so thanks for posting the recording.

Hawg.....Nice job. I thought you made some great points. I especially liked you laughing when the guy asked the question about the Jets getting Randy Moss and if that would tip the scales in the Jets favor. I am surprised he agreed with you. I guess your laugh convinced him. Good stuff.:thumb:

Hawg73 said:
Thank you all.

Now that its over I'm sitting here thinking of what I SHOULD have said, but you know how that goes.

I anticipated the question about how this super bowl win compares and thought of saying "You only lose your virginity once", but forgot to.

It seemed like about 5 minutes to me. I wish they asked more about the site, and the world of internet forums, but before I knew it they were having me do the pahk the cah monkey dance.

The whole BB/Parcells thing is so byzantine that we could have spent 20 minutes on that alone. I thought I was a little weak on that whole thing, but I'll have to listen to the tape.

It was a weird experience, but at least it got the Planet name out there. Thanks again for the kind words.
I thought you did a great job.

Just one question.... Could you say "Pah'k tha cah in tha yahd" for us again, Hawg? :D

You could have threw in some cheap plugs every now and then. Something like "we have discussed this exact same subject on PatriotsPlanet many times...." or whatever.

I prob would have diverted the conversation and threw in a plug for the Girlie pic thread for some comic relief. ;)

Nothing wrong with talking about football though.

backofthepack said:
does anyone have a link to the article that the guy wrote?

I had trouble with the link earlier, so I will post it here. It was written by Paul Kastava who is one of the guys that hosts the show I was on.

HE IS STILL A LOSER TO ME.

The love fest for Bill Belichick continues after he's led his Patriot team to their third Super Bowl in four years. Of course, it's pretty justified. When you are the first coach to win three Super Bowls in four years, the praise of the media is expected.

What everyone seems to forget, however, were the times when he was considered a mediocre head coach whose place in the world of football was limited to simply calling defensive plays.

A genius coordinator who couldn't cut it as a head coach: sounds like a lot of coordinators in the NFL today, don't it?

It makes one wonder how he was all of a sudden regarded as the best head coach in football, and by some, the best head coach of all-time. The man who finished his head coaching career in Cleveland with a 36-45 record along with one single playoff appearance that ended before his team could even reach the Super Bowl.

This man who began his head coaching career in New England with a five and thirteen record. Patriot fans were calling for his head and New York Jet fans were ecstatic that he decided not to lead their team into the future.

This man that didn't have the social skills as his mentor, Bill Parcells, would surely be a failure as a head coach. Sure, he could run some of the most innovative defenses in NFL history, but he couldn't do the two things asked of by a head coach: handle the media and win games.

Then a savior emerged. He didn't emerge by any choice of Belichick's, but he got the chance to save a seemingly down-and-out organization by luck. It's one of those few times that it seems like fate is a huge fan of literature, as irony played a prevalent role in propelling the Patriots organization to greatness.

During the third week of the season (the week after September 11th), Belichick was set to lead his team against the New York Jets; the team he left a year earlier for reasons that Patriot and Jet fans still argue over. The Jets swept them the year before and this game didn't look it would be any different after the Patriots lost in Week One to the lowly Bengals.

The Jets won the contest, but not before Jet linebacker Mo Lewis knocked out long-time Patriot starting QB Drew Bledsoe. At that point, it didn't seem it could get any worse for this franchise that was in the Super Bowl only five years previously. It was a good time to be a fan of any other team in the AFC East for that matter.

Or was it?

Enter a young quarterback from Michigan to replace Bledsoe who did a reasonable job of keeping the game close and the Jets won by a score of 10-3. Maybe the kid would be better than Bledsoe? Of course, most quarterbacks were better than Bledsoe. There were paraplegics who could move better in the pocket than the former Washington St. quarterback.

For those of you who aren't too bright, that young quarterback was Tom Brady, and he helped his team finish the season with an astounding 11-3 record and a path to the Super Bowl that shocked the world.

It makes one wonder: if Brady never entered that game, would the term Belichick and dynasty be used in the same sentence?

Sure, one player doesn't win a Super Bowl. New England has proven in their Super Bowl victories that it takes an entire team to win it all. (The book Patriot Reign supports this concept to an even more detailed extent.) But this team was far from a dynasty without Brady. Are we all to believe that the Patriots were on the verge of exploding onto the scene and it was a major coincidence that Brady became the quarterback during this surge?

I can't buy it. Especially since he has never lost a playoff game, and Belichick had already lost one in two tries prior to leading the Patriots to the playoffs.

Plus, we still forget that the man touted as "Mumbles" Belichick never made the genius move of putting Brady in. He may have drafted him in the sixth round, but Belichick never decided to pull Bledsoe in favor of the modern day Joe Montana. Later on Belichick would make the wise move of keeping Brady in once Bledsoe recovered, but what decent head coach wouldn't have?

This argument may come off as a bitter rant from a Jets fan, which is partially true. I cringe every time I think about what Belichick has done with the Jets rival franchise when in a moral and just world, he should be doing this with the Jets. But the fact that he stole a million dollars from a dead guy is a topic for another conversation. For now, however, we can't simply call this man a genius because who knows where he would be if it wasn't for one hit. Maybe the team was going to go on this path no matter what happened to Bledsoe.

But what if they weren't?

What if Brady saved this franchise?

Wouldn't this mean that every great coordinator should get an extended shot at a head coaching job because you just never know when someone is going to knock out your washed-up quarterback and some young, unknown will come in and lead your team to dynasty status?

I may be overanalyzing all this and unfairly criticizing Belichick, but I can't put him in the class of Lombardi and Walsh just yet. If he does this again without his long-time friend Charlie Weis, that's a step towards getting my full support (as if that matters to him). But do this without Brady, and I will take back every single word I've said in this column and jump on the Belichick bandwagon faster than America jumped on the Red Sox bandwagon.

Now onto how Bill Belichick stole a million dollars from a dead guy…

Back