ANNOUNCEMENT: Hawg to be on the radio coming up!

I too am impressed Hawg great job !! :thumb:

I was curious though....Did they contact you and did you have any input to the direction of questions and topics that came out?

Bradyrocks said:
I too am impressed Hawg great job !! :thumb:

I was curious though....Did they contact you and did you have any input to the direction of questions and topics that came out?

They contacted the Planet and Hawg was selected to do the interview. The topic was essentially fan response to the interviewer's article and related Patriots topics in the aftermath of another superbowl victory.

At least that's my understanding. UT will set me straight if I'm wrong.

Phobia said:
They contacted the Planet and Hawg was selected to do the interview. The topic was essentially fan response to the interviewer's article and related Patriots topics in the aftermath of another superbowl victory.

At least that's my understanding. UT will set me straight if I'm wrong.

That was it in a nutshell.

They wanted someone involved in running the site and nobody could do it due to work concerns, but I had the time.

As it turns out they never asked anything about the site or internet forums and it was over before I could figure out a way to bring it up.

I only had an idea of a couple of things they ended up asking me--the Pats-Jets border war being one-- which related to his article on Belichick being a sleazeball.

I was better off on the stuff I wasn't expecting because I didn't have a chance to play it out in my head. Public speaking is always like that-- don't plan anything.

Hawg73 said:
As it turns out they never asked anything about the site or internet forums and it was over before I could figure out a way to bring it up.

After you hung up they mentioned the Planet by name a few times and said that it was a pretty well run site and really coming up well... They actually said something about it being one of the best Pats site on the net, or something to that effect.

Yeah, my email is listed as the Administrative contact for the board so they emailed the invite to me. I am not sure where they first heard about the board. The five of us talked it over and because of work, football knowledge, and testicles, we decided that Hawg would be the best choice to represent The Planet. And, boy were we right. :thumb:

Undertaker #59 said:
The five of us talked it over and because of work, football knowledge, and testicles, we decided that Hawg would be the best choice to represent .....

Hey now wait a minute..... :eek:

ok thanks for clearing that up for me :thumb:

I'm sorry to be so late to the party here.

But BUT WHAT IN THE WIDE WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS IS GOING ON AROUND HERE???

Holy Christmas! I had no idea this was going to happen. Then I check out the link and my boyyyy is less Mike from Swampscott than his is much, much closer to Michael Felger or Paul Perillo (Pats Football Weekly). By that I mean he was at ease, opinionated and above all, knowledgable. Honest to Belichick, if I didn't know better, I would think he had a press pass and inside sources whose asses he'd been kissing in return for inside scoops.

If there was a flaw in the interview, it was that it took the hosts a few minutes to begin to ask revealing questions. Until they hit their stride, Hawg was turning their dog sh1t into diamonds. When they hit their stride, the conversation was as interesting and articulate as any fan/fan talk I have ever heard on the radio.

The frigging Ted Kennedy one-liner was ad-libbed brilliance.

I'll have more to say, but how did this come about? For now, I'm going to be buying all their sponsors' products.

Hawg73 said:

I will say that I have no idea how my brother was so cool on HBO. That must have been utterly nervewracking.

HE has iron testicles.

And as for Hawg's, ahem, "hawg" sure it's short, but it's as fat as a can of tuna.

"Sure, I've got a name for my penis. I call it 'The Octagon.' And I've named each of my testes. The right one is 'James Wetphal.' And the other is 'Dr. Kenneth Noisewater.' "--Brian Fantana Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

I now realize that Hawg will be the one to deliver this site to national prominence it deserves. Until now I thought it would be Spinal Tap's avatar.

I'm listening to the interview now....

And you're rockin' the casbah, Hawg-man!

I almost thought I was listening to an analyst on ESPN radio.

How's it feel to be a celebrity?? ;)

You're the pride of PatriotsPlanet. Truly an awesome job!! :thumb:

(Boy, you're butt is gonna be pretty chapped after all this ass-kissing! :kissbutt: :D )

I thought Hawg summed up the point-of-view of most Patriots/Red Sox fans very well. I especially liked it when he said he didn't really care if the Red Sox won the Series again (or whatever he said exactly). I know exactly how he feels. I didn't agree with everything he said of course (I think the Red Sox managed to make the playoffs despite Derek Lowe for example).

I was surprised that he didn't see or couldn't identify any needs the Patriots have now in terms of free agency, although I thought maybe this was just kind of a nervous response. I see the Patriots as a team with a lot of personnel issues (aging linebackers, free agents on the offensive line with little depth, little or no depth at QB and running back, problems in the secondary, etc. etc.).

I think losing David Givens to free agency (particularly as a restricted free agent) is not a major concern. I think Adam Vinatieri is a bigger problem, followed by Joe Andruzzi.

Well, the way I remember it-- he asked me what free agents do the Pats need to acqure to get back to the Bowl? or something much like that.

I honestly think they could get back to the Bowl with what they have now, and they seemed to agree with me, but that doesn't mean that I think they will stand pat. I haven't seen a list of free agents in a while and I think he was looking for me to name guys that we might be targeting.

I will admit I could have been better prepared on that score, but most of the big name FA guys are usually out of our price range, so I didn't really do my homework.

Point taken.

I never mentioned Adam because I feel strongly we will resign him, but you are right to bring it up. I should have.

I still think Derek Lowe will be missed. He had a rocky first half, but he pitched is ass off in the playoffs when we really needed him. The guy has been very successful over the last 4 years or so and the guys we are bringing in have more question marks on them than Frank Gorshin in green tights.

Don't get me wrong, I thought your interview was great. :)

I think you're right: he was asking about free agents the Patriots might go after, and certainly there are none that we, as fans, are particularly excited about.

But it's always interesting to me to see what free agents Belichick will at least attempt to sign. I'm sure there's another Roosevelt Colvin, Rodney Harrison or Rodney Bailey that they'll sign. Someone I myself have never heard of before.

I think one of the interesting things about trading for Corey Dillon was that he was a player that we were all familiar with.

I am actually more concious now of what opposing players are going to be free agents, because it's fun to try to, for once, anticipate who they might sign. I am thinking, for example, of Houshmanzadah, who impressed me when the Patriots played the Bengals.

Back