ANNOUNCEMENT: Hawg to be on the radio coming up!

Nice to hear I'm not the only one with a distinct Mass accent. :p

The difference is you spoke with eloquence and knowledge. Great job Hawg :thumb:
Heine sight is 20/20 You represented The Planet and all of Patriots Nation well.

Thanks for posting the link UT

It seems the Planet is really evolving into a powerful medium for the Pats and rival fans to converse yet still maintain a laid back atmosphere.

Kudos to work that all the Mods do to constantly improve the best damn MB on the net. :thumb:

Nice job, Hawg.

With my charity work in KC (www.37forever.org) I've been on the radio many, many times.

I've never sounded anywhere near that good. In fact, I sound downright amateurish.

I was incredibly impressed with how informed you appeared to be, Hawg. I always forget tidbits during the pressure of the moment, but you were great. Way to represent the site, man.

Totally agreed Phobia. He sounded like a sports reporter to me. Much better than most of the hacks on WEEI. :thumb:

I guess I better get back to work on that contract extension for Hawg. I think his price just went up.

Undertaker #59 said:
Totally agreed Phobia. He sounded like a sports reporter to me. Much better than most of the hacks on WEEI. :thumb:

I guess I better get back to work on that contract extension for Hawg. I think his price just went up.

Under. Let's just slap the Franchise Tag on old Uncle Hawg, eh? I think the franchise tag will pay him approximately $4.78 annually.

pookie said:
Under. Let's just slap the Franchise Tag on old Uncle Hawg, eh? I think the franchise tag will pay him approximately $4.78 annually.

Yeah, we can do that - make sure no else gets him - while we work out a long term deal.

I just hope it doesn't go to his head. ;)

Hawg, nice job man.

You should capitalize on your new-found fame. I suggest a trip to your local dive bar, armed with a "don't you know who I am?" line. You're sure to score some tang tonight.

:thumb:

Seriously, I was very impressed with you Hawg. Very knowledgable answers and comments and you did a very good job of speaking. No stuttering or dreaded "ums". Listen to Barry Sanders talk sometime... He says "um" about every third word... Gets very irritating.

It was a very professional job on your part Hawg. I truly was impressed. :thumb:

Great job Hawg. It is always nice to find out that the person behind the name on some message board sounds normal:p (hey that accent is very normal to me )and, more importantly, is very knowledgable.

Thanks for posting the link and the directions how to save it. I would have been left clicking all day.

I will REFUSE to accept the franchise tag. ;)

I am sitting here laughing my freaking ass off and actually blushing at the same time. I think I have seen and experienced much, but I'm never too old to feel downright embarassed.

Thank you all. It was a pretty good experience, but I'm glad it's over. I even told wifey and she approved of the idea which is rare since she thinks I am completely insane regarding football. She actually sounded a little proud of me.

I will say that I have no idea how my brother was so cool on HBO. That must have been utterly nervewracking.

HE has iron testicles.

Hawg73 said:
I will REFUSE to accept the franchise tag. ;)

I am sitting here laughing my freaking ass off and actually blushing at the same time. I think I have seen and experienced much, but I'm never too old to feel downright embarassed.

Thank you all. It was a pretty good experience, but I'm glad it's over. I even told wifey and she approved of the idea which is rare since she thinks I am completely insane regarding football. She actually sounded a little proud of me.

I will say that I have no idea how my brother was so cool on HBO. That must have been utterly nervewracking.

HE has iron testicles.

Guess it just runs in the family then huh. :thumb:

Hawg73 said:
I will REFUSE to accept the franchise tag.
NO! You do that and my box of Hawg73 comerative trading cards will be worthless. I was thinking of selling each one sepretely and bagged ta boot. But if your going to just REFUSE the Franchise tag...
Well, I suppose I could sell them as a two-fer. One of you and one of Wyo, thirtynine cents each.
Hawg73 said:
HE has iron testicles.

Now that is something thats needs to be seen to beleived. Got a pic?

Oh, By the way, Way to represent.

Hawg73 said:

HE has iron testicles.

Guess I don't know this story. Care to fill me in?

Phobia said:
Guess I don't know this story. Care to fill me in?

My brother was interviewed for both the "Curse of the Bambino" and it's sequel on HBO.

He is Jerry Thornton who posts here as IT's_Good_It's_Good.

If you have seen the show he is the handsome feller who imitated Vin Scully's call of Bill Buckner making his ill-fated boot and a few other snappy lines.

He also quoted a line lifted from the Planet in the sequel where he compared the Sox beating the Yankees to Ralphie kicking the crap out of bully Scott Farkus from "A Christmas Story" and it got the biggest laugh at the premiere in Boston.

I guess his background as a standup comic has pretty much made him bulletproof to normal nervousness.

Once you learn to handle drunken hecklers with ease (believe me, he did) then I guess a little national TV spot wouldn't be too bad.

Hawg73 said:
My brother was interviewed for both the "Curse of the Bambino" and it's sequel on HBO.

He is Jerry Thornton who posts here as IT's_Good_It's_Good.

If you have seen the show he is the handsome feller who imitated Vin Scully's call of Bill Buckner making his ill-fated boot and a few other snappy lines.

He also quoted a line lifted from the Planet in the sequel where he compared the Sox beating the Yankees to Ralphie kicking the crap out of bully Scott Farkus from "A Christmas Story" and it got the biggest laugh at the premiere in Boston.

I guess his background as a standup comic has pretty much made him bulletproof to normal nervousness.

Once you learn to handle drunken hecklers with ease (believe me, he did) then I guess a little national TV spot wouldn't be too bad.

Hawg, you sounded just fine :) There'snothing wrong with your accent, sounded fine to me.

I listened live, but also just downloaded the mp3.

A couple of my favorite lines.

Radio Guy: "Do you think the Jets have a legitimate shot at knocking off the Patriots?"

Hawg: "As currently constituted, no".
-------------------------

Radio Guy: " If they get Randy Moss, which is a slight possibility, do you see it changing big time?"

Hawg: "Haha. NO! If you want to deal with Randy Moss. If the Jets wanna do that, they have my blessings."
-------------------------

Back