Any Hardwood Floor Install Nightmares?

Decided to let the professional handle the task. Three bedrooms, hallway, foyer and living room (approx 1,400 sf) for a total of $6,000.

I considered doing it myself and going with prefinished but after reading some of the nightmares that people went through, decided to go with the experienced pro.

Figure we'll be out of the house for a week.

Thanks for the input.

Oh and imapig, I was laughing at your jokes.

You would think that Hardwood install stories would involve razors or wax or something. Saws & sanders? Yikes!
Posted via Mobile Device

Piggy, we are all laughing inside.:toast::insane:

Decided to let the professional handle the task. Three bedrooms, hallway, foyer and living room (approx 1,400 sf) for a total of $6,000.

I considered doing it myself and going with prefinished but after reading some of the nightmares that people went through, decided to go with the experienced pro.

Figure we'll be out of the house for a week.

Thanks for the input.

Oh and imapig, I was laughing at your jokes.
Looks like my pie pan is getting full and I can go home to my luxury condo...:rockon:

You would think that Hardwood install stories would involve razors or wax or something. Saws & sanders? Yikes!
Posted via Mobile Device
outstanding

<<
>>

That sounds a bit pricy. Did you get some really expensive kind of wood ? Did you get multiple quotes ?

<<
>>

That sounds a bit pricy. Did you get some really expensive kind of wood ? Did you get multiple quotes ?

Talked to four people including my in-laws. All four recommended this guy. He is a bit pricey but i've seen his work. Usually my wife is all about getting quotes. Getting a blessing from her mom and dad is enough for her.

Talked to four people including my in-laws. All four recommended this guy. He is a bit pricey but i've seen his work. Usually my wife is all about getting quotes. Getting a blessing from her mom and dad is enough for her.

Smaht.

Getting the lowest quote isn't ALWAYS what its cracked up to be.

Having spent a significant amount of time in the residential construction field I've seen it plenty of times.

Sure, you'll get the professional looking guy driving the beautiful truck and wearing the Carhart's and Timberlands and smooth talking.

But then when you sign the deal the "work crew" shows up, none speak English, they're roasting a pig on a spicket in the front yard for lunch, and sacrificing a chicken in the kitchen.

If you have a guy you're familiar with who does quality work you're better off with the piece of mind in the long run.:thumb:

Smaht.

Getting the lowest quote isn't ALWAYS what its cracked up to be.

Having spent a significant amount of time in the residential construction field I've seen it plenty of times.

Sure, you'll get the professional looking guy driving the beautiful truck and wearing the Carhart's and Timberlands and smooth talking.

But then when you sign the deal the "work crew" shows up, none speak English, they're roasting a pig on a spicket in the front yard for lunch, and sacrificing a chicken in the kitchen.

If you have a guy you're familiar with who does quality work you're better off with the piece of mind in the long run.:thumb:

I agree Dwight.

My sister hired the cheapest contractor she could find, and the work he did sure reflects that.

I always ask peope I know for recomendations, and it hasn't failed me yet, not that its fool proof.

I'd love to have my kitchen re done they effed it up good when they built the house

oh and my wife wants all new cabinets installed :coffee:

Back