Anyone Worried About the Chargers?

NSPatsFan

I'm disrespectful to dirt.
Reaction score
I'm Down From Canada and they think I'm slow Eh?
I am a little bit, not that there are any real reasons to be, but this team looks battle tested and has had 2 tough games in the playoffs where they came out on top. Plus they beat the Colts who gave us all we can handle and the Zebras yesterday, in the Fake Crowd Noise Dome, with massive injuries. No Small feat.

That and I worry about every game the Pats play.

a bit, but they're known for beating themselves. i'm hoping that won't change next week.

I think the Pats will win but as we saw on Sunday, underdogs can win and win on the road.

Anyone who takes the Chargers too lightly is foolish. Happily, BB, his coach staff and players are anything but foolish.

Would like to have LT full Straight... but anyway for Sd to win Defense will have to hit Brady...

easier said than done

If you look at yesterday and say, "Manning had a 400-yard game and threw TDs, and the Colts were at home, and the Chargers played half the game without Rivers and LT... and San Diego still won," then you get worried.

However, you have to look at the bigger picture.

1.) The Chargers might be playing the WHOLE upcoming game without Rivers and LT. And even if both play, you can guarantee they won't be at full strength. A healthier Rivers in the first half against Indy won't be the same as a hobbling Rivers against the Pats. Take a half-second off Rivers' reaction moves and you're talking the difference between "last minute TD pass" and "strip-sack fumble".

2.) The Chargers were the beneficiary of not one but TWO bad tipped passes near their end zone. That right there was a 6 to 14 point swing in the game. That stuff usually doesn't happen with the Pats.

3.) The Pats have a better receiving corps. (Not just talking about Moss, but the whole package of guys.... Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Gaffney, Watson, Faulk, even Maroney now.)

4.) The Pats have a better head coach.

5.) The Pats have a better QB. (Sorry, I know, the debate rages on, but...)

6.) The Pats don't overlook opponents.

7.) The Pats have just shown they can shut down a running game.

Jammer on 01-14-2008 at 09:04 AM said:
Would like to have LT full Straight... but anyway for Sd to win Defense will have to hit Brady...

easier said than done

Still, your D played one hell of a lot better down the stretch than they did early on.

Great job holding Addai down, particularly on the short passes. I thought the LBs were excellent in coverage and Indy is always a problem in defending the 3,4,5 options.

Cooper has improved a bunch and the high investments on the DL in Olshansky and Castillo weren't wasted.

I'm not saying your D is dominant, but is capable of being very disruptive.

Weddle is coming on as well. You've got playmakers in the backfield where in the last few years there were a lot of holes. Now they are walloping people.

It will be a better game that people thinks, it wont start like week 2, 14-0 after 6 plays :)

It will be chilling cold like 0F that is cold for SD players :)

Electric Chair on 01-14-2008 at 07:24 AM said:
It's definitely going to be interesting. No bold predictions from me until the MRI's on LT and Rivers come back today.

Rivers would be the key, as I am extremely confident in the job that Michael Turner would do in backing up Tomlinson. Volek, not so much.

I bet both play..but much as Turner is a great second punch for you guys LdT /Turner tandem isn't as strong as the pair we just faced. Sproules is one fast MOfo too but we can take care of it.

Merriman/Light is the matchup here and Light seems to really step it up in the playoffs. Thank GOD Kyle Brady is back to help block too.

You gotta be worried about Castillo and Gates being hurt too..

anyone in her would be shock? or faith? if the Pats lose next sunday?

PatrietteAz on 01-14-2008 at 06:28 AM said:
I bet both play..but much as Turner is a great second punch for you guys LdT /Turner tandem isn't as strong as the pair we just faced. Sproules is one fast MOfo too but we can take care of it.

Merriman/Light is the matchup here and Light seems to really step it up in the playoffs. Thank GOD Kyle Brady is back to help block too.

You gotta be worried about Castillo and Gates being hurt too..
No question... I am worried about alot of things, number one on the list is that we are facing you guys. Lol....

Catillo is OK i think he got the wnd knock out of him

Chris Chambers is the X Factor. He always had good games versus NE and especially catching TD

the chargers are banged up right now. They have a nasty hard hitting defense just like the jags but with better Linebackers. Even if you take away moss and welker the pats have so ore other weapons that can hurt you. I just hope that defense steps up and stops waiting until the 4 quarter to shut down the other teams offense.

Electric Chair on 01-14-2008 at 09:48 AM said:
Greatest midseason aquisition ever.....

Dude. :rolleyes: Look up "hyperbole", will you?

Houston: 2 for 35, 1 TD
@ Minn: 5 for 59
Indy: 2 for 17
@ Jax: 4 for 93
Baltimore: 5 for 22, 1 TD
@KC: 2 for 50
@ Ten: 4 for 90
Detroit: 4 for 69
Denver: 4 for 71, 1 TD
@ Oakland: 3 for 49, 1 TD
Tennesse: 6 for 121
@ Indy: 3 for 67, 1 TD

I like Chambers. He was a great pickup. He had a monster game against Tennessee. He's had a very good 12 games for the Bolts. But "greatest midseason acquisition ever"? You might want to wait and see if Norv hoists a Lombardi before making that bold pronouncement...

I'd much rather be facing the Colts. The Chargers have been scary good lately. That win yesterday was one of the most courageous efforts I have seen in a playoff game. They had everything going against them, and they still managed to pull out that win. I was really impressed.

Patriots have their work cut out for them.

This is how this week is going to play out:

Monday-Tuesday: Media tauts Pats will roll
Wednesday: Injury report comes out, SD injury questions leading to "Will LT play?" questions
Thursday: Media tries to tell world SD can win
Friday: Media tries to tell world SD will win
Saturday: NE fans anxious and worried about SD
Sunday: Pats destroy SD

Back